We Poor Girls!!!!

We Poor Girls in Pakistan, always

1. Gets low priority over sons
    2. Gets less attention than boys
    3. Gets less amount to spend over our education
    4. Gets less share in property
    5. Gets a value of "being disposed off soon"
    6. Gets less share in food

I think we are not human beings. Don't you agree with me??????

------------------

unfortunately ur right. these silly paki elders think they are acting islamically, well their not, theyre following culture.

silli,sillly plonkers is what i callll them.

Comment

Originally posted by Soubia:

And in general have
      Less financial responsibility
      Less pressures to succeed professionally, Less pressures to aid aging parents,

Two sides to every coin.

Its not ideal but lets look at some situations here.

1- Inheritance- Sons have responsibility for the parents and not the daughters, does it not make logical sense for the parents to give larger inheritance to sons?

2- Education- If forced between sending a daughter vs a son for advanced education, would you not send the future bread winner? Not to say that the daughter is less capable, but she will be married and off to her life anyways.

So attention, priority and all, does it stem from age old societal responsibilities that came with being a male, and since males had more responsibilities they had more attention.

In the upper middle and upper class, I think girls are getting just as much opportunities for education and personal development as boys and are competing in the industry for professional success as well.

Lower classes, women have it worst because not only do they have financial responsibilities but also domestic responsibilities. But education etc is considered a luxury, often an unnecessary luxury for boys and girls.

The main problem I see is with lower middle classes, where there is this conflict, girls are seen as sources of expenses.. i.e. I spend money on them, they grow up, go away what do we get vs boys who will ultimately support the family (not that it always happens). In these circles highly educated women are not only an abomination but outcasts because the men are not so comfortable with a wife who is more educated than them...and attracting men from an echelon above is difficult if not impossible.
      Additionally girls who are not married sooner get the label of undesired i.e. why is she still not married...must be something wrong.

How much of it is women's own doing though?
      Aunties looking for a chaand si bahoo for their hunchback of notredame lookalike son.
      Statements like "parrh likh kar dimagh kharab ho jata hai" etc just cuz they cant manage a stronger more indpependent bahoo.

This fact always puzzled me, I see women of the older generation suppressing women of the newer generation more than men..by their jahalat, their childish protocol and supposed rakh rakhao, traditions etc etc.

So for women's condition to improve, its not just men whose perspectives need to be changed, but the women's as well.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Hi Soubia

What type of social services are you involved in.

Well about issues of gal. I have already said so many time that gals should decide their own fate. Then I wounder how is it possible. Well only possible way I see is start arguing about your legitimate rights, and be ready to even sacrafies your life for your freedom of thoughts and action. Because first drop of rain always sacrifies its life.

bye for now and take care

yasin

Comment

Fraudz ur analysis is great. I have seen women in families paying more attention to their sons - ironically forgetting that when they were sisters they were complaining all the time.
          Saints are fine for Heaven, but they are hell on earth.

Comment

I totally agree with the fact that Fraudz has mentioned. But i think if gals stood for their rights in front of their mothers and fathers and brothers, they will be able to make their point. But its not going to be easy, and might need sacrifies of lifes, and eventually government will intervine in this issue more seriously, and can also bring an end to islamic fundamentalist groups and orthodox molvies. These molvies have brain washed the mind of pakistani men.

Any ways I'll write more later

bye

Comment

ur right yas .

its the fault of the fundos and extremists. also these molvies dont even study the quran properly. if they did study the quran and followed the prophets ways ISLAM WOULDNT BE GIVEN SUCH A BAD NAME IN THE WEST in terms of human rights.
              also these problems arise due to illiterecy and using culture as islam.

silly silly pk people make u laugh and make u angry..

Comment

and all this is soubia coz u girls call me always bhai!!!!!!
                u deserve it. http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/blush.gif
                if u dont call bhai to ashiks, every one would do anything for u!!!

but soubia i am sorry for this yaar. it is a tragic fact! i hope my daughters wont have to bear it!!

------------------
                beyond the horizont°°°my heart gone

Comment

"hey you woman! get me some food!" j/k LOL

this is one of the thing(the man and woman rights thingy)that is here to stay and never ever will leave...even in US this problem still exist after all the freedom bullCrap they always brag about.....

------------------
                  Don’t hate....Cooperate

Comment

Soubia Jee!

I agree with you in all the points except point no 6. I think we can discuss it in detail over a nice meal; Well how about it? I promise you that you will get more food.

A point to ponder, what would happen if the Pakistani gals got more food? WOW that would be sight to see; I thank God that they get less food otherwise.........

Comment

Speak for yourself soubia.

Desi women need to learn to stop putting themselves down and trying to come across as "mazloom" all the time.

i am a girl..and i am from pakistan..and "none" of those can be considered true in my case...

not everyone else is necessarily that fortunate perhaps...but instead of whining they need to stand up, face and challenge and do something about it.

and girls are not "poor"!! they can kick a$$.

Comment

Yes u r right SOUBIA

------------------
                        Life is too short, Live it, Love it, while it last

Comment

Soubia, i thought/think frequnetly what you just listed there & kinda agree with it when i lose all hope in the justice of the world.
                          But, Hayaa is so right: standing up against the challenges & slap those challenges on the face.
                          Both you & I & all the girls here know that we kick buott.
                          So you know,
                          Girlz Rule! & Girl Power!
                          :tough mean looking face:

We have our own mind & even free-will. & what rocks about that is that.....we don't necessarily use it as a rebel kinda tool. Rather, we make better use of it by doing what the family needs the most, or what the professional working biz needs it the most. Like we improve its situations.
                          We're not naive fools, haina?

[This message has been edited by kohal (edited August 11, 2000).]

Comment

Originally posted by Soubia:

NO!

The attitude of 20th century women towards we men is not only disgusting but it is unnatural.

Round the globe, through experience of centuries, men created the slogan of "Ladies First!" and then honoured it just to solace the fair sex. It is man of course, who alwasy showed a bold front to all the afflictions came in the way of mankind, conquered everything on this earth without bothering his companion and without boasting even!. On the other hand women witnessed the male slaves fighting bare-handed with lions in the Roman Empire but its even today a rare sight to be a woman bull-fighter (dont talk about one or two instances). Scinece & technology, philosophy and religon, fine arts or martial arts, games & sports, examin all the walks of human life from any angle and man is confirmed to be No: 1. There should be no hesitation to admit that other than the biological faculty, woman have little contribution in human perferment. Women can follow and "copy" men but cannot excel men in any way. Games & sports are the easist trial to check this supermacy. Is there anything that women can do and men can not?

No!

The best chefs anywhere in world are also men! Can anybody deny that the males of every living being look pretier than their females! Appearance wise, charms of the women are indebted to their "male" dress designers!

Shouting slogan of abortion rights on the roads, or building muscles in the gyms is in no way emaniciaption but inferiority complex. One who is born as a woman should live as a woman to be grateful to the God Almighty who creates everything with ultimate perfection!

The "complaints" brought forward by the writer are false as:

-Girls get more attraction!
                            -Girls get a double chance to share the property, firstly from their father, secondly from their husbands!
                            -They are equally free to get education
                            -Less food! thats a white lie! Please watch BBW sites to confirm it!

You are human beings of course but a bit Ungrageful!

Comment

Just live & you'll learn --
                              both guys & girls.

Comment

Working...
                              X