Men as the Centre of the Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Men as the Centre of the Universe

I've noticed during the past few months on Gupshup, there have been numerous posts where "Women" are the hot topic. Where "Women" are the ideal subject to discuss about.

Just to give you a glimpse, a few of these specific threads include:

- We Poor Girls!!!!
    - Being used and destroyed which basically involves naive girls influenced from Romantic (?) Hindi movies & selfishly elope with guys they want to marry
    - Read this and be shocked!! which is basically the same as above
    - *Are women in west honorable???
    - Parents - the Enemies of their Daughters
    - *Women: Are men superior to women in Allah's judgement?
    - *Women: Adopting the husband's family name
    - *Women: At work and the pressures of society
    - *Women: Appearances of Women
    - *Women: An attitude towards chores for women in Islam
    - Islam and Islamic Culture where the question is how & why Pakistani women in the West dress outside -- what does it matter??
    - *HIGH heels and Women -- What a Mixture?
    - & some more i know i must've missed in the dark depth of some particular threads

ie * begun by you know whom.
    uff. & what's striking is that these threads have been quite popular by reaching over the 30+ reply post mark.

As a woman who has read some of these posts, i for one have definately not found them to be entertaining; rather, i find them to be quite disturbing. Even I didn't concentrate on the dangerous outlook of women in the World -- in particular in the West. Why not just look at a person as a person regardless if they're a guy or a girl, huh!?
    Anyways, even though some of these threads have had some really really good replies by some particular ppl, I'm still kinda quite sickened by the topics overall..

& I know how these discussions can be used as a means of awareness for ppl to be more open-minded & to be more educated to Women overall. But comeon.....for once, just for once, let's talk about "Men" & see how defensive they can get as well:

- A few men/boys in here are really really nice, it's sweet
    - The majority of them are boutheads.
    - Take advantage of the (serious) things in life you can get away it
    - Yall have begun to spend too much on your hair
    - Same goes for some of your nice looking, slick clothes (which i so envy & makes me wanna be a guy at times!!!)
    - Late curfews
    - Getting away from doing Housework
    - Getting less criticized for your doings in the traditional Pakistani family

I know you guys have it hard... & i'm not gonna (or try not to...) turn this thread into a competition on which gender has it tougher in the World today -- whether that includes developed or developing countries. But, for god's sakes.....dun't let this turn into another thread where the "Women" are the hot topic all over again!!! Else, , i'm gonna ask Naik to close-up this thread (am i allowed to ask for that?).

Anyways, so basically, i dedicate this thread to all the complaints of men's ways & their attitudes some men & women may have a problem with.

I know i already listed a few of them.

[This message has been edited by kohal (edited August 14, 2000).]

A few boys in here are really really nice, it's sweet

Thanks Kohal. Thank you so much It is very flattering. I bet when NYAhmadi comes back he will be happy to read it.

Comment

kohal tell me something yaar,

which kind of boys(not men) i am listed in yaar?

nice one, bouthhead(?, i know only small heads), hairy one, nice looking, lazy one or just nakaam one????????

------------------
      beyond the horizont°°°my heart gone

Comment

Another long and boring post, about something i dont even wana read!!! I guess it rants and raves and babbles about womens rights.

Comment

err dude Dr love-less and a lot more less
          perhpas if you had read umm you might have like known it doesnt rave babble blah blah bout anybody's rights

ps just add brain-less to your title and it would be quite obvious

Comment

awww ChannMahi -- how'd ya know about NYAhmadi & yourself! Lucky guess!

Ashik -- yaar, i dunno. You always ask me such mind boggling questions i don't know how to answer.

Dr Loveless -- How'd ya predicT!?

Anchal -- you da bomb. period.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr LoveLess:
              Anyway anchal your mamma ought to teach you some manners on how to speak to people you dont know. eeemmmm maybe she was raised like that also. anyway no harm done here, chill out. [/B]
              a typical desi answer from a typical desi person
              i am not amused

I am quite capable of standing up and fighting for whats rightfully mine
              i dont whine bout rights

Comment

Originally posted by Kohal
                Anyways, so basically, i dedicate this thread to all the complaints of men's ways & their attitudes some men & women may have a problem with.

there since you couldnt find the purpose of the thread
                no whining bout anybody's rights no is there ?

Comment

Aakkkhhhhh,
                  i'm gonna scream.

Kohal (Me) said:
                  for god's sakes.....dun't let this turn into another thread where the "Women" are the hot topic all over again!!!
                  gawd, can't ya read Loveless. Dun't you get it.

[This message has been edited by kohal (edited August 15, 2000).]

Comment

no he is too busy tying hard to get rid of the 'less'

Comment

Originally posted by kohal:
                      - Same goes for some of your nice looking, slick clothes (which i so envy & makes me wanna be a guy at times!!!)
                      Ditto your whole post kohal..but 'specially that one Honestly it drives my mom mad when i cross the aisle into the men's dept

Comment

And what about the cowardly hypocritical men that like to go out with women etc..

And if their sisters have a friend who is a guy or want to marry someone, they throw a fit!

After all, isn't the girl that the guy is going out with somebodys sister/daughter as well?

Comment

kohal http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/ok.gif

Comment

Yeah Cooldude, they conveniently forget about that.

Kohal,

one thing you should realise is that not just pakistani guys but the male gender overall hold the same views about women, it is just that in some cultures they tend to be a bit more discreet about voicing their opinion, whereas in ours they get a loudspeaker and make sure everyone hears.

Anyways you`ll never get away from the double standards that exist.

Comment

Originally posted by kohal:

Ashik -- yaar, i dunno. You always ask me such mind boggling questions i don't know how to answer.

hhhmmm kohal,

i am lucky if ur mind goes speachless, coz if u were like other girls, there has to come some shoes with hard heels directly to the direction of my parrot-head yaar.
                              thats nice to feel that u r kohal and others are like anchal and soubia!

------------------
                              beyond the horizont°°°my heart gone

Comment

Working...
                              X