Welcome back to...........Punjabi Sher!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome back to...........Punjabi Sher!

I saw you in Falsay thread......welcome back.
    and did you bring any falsay? khate mithay, mirch masaalay walay?????hain?????

Chann ji lagda tussi tay meiN jhaira saman mangwaa see nai lay kay aaya, aisay layee jawab nai day riya.

Comment

Oh mayre Yaro, we came back Saturday night and I feel as if I am still there. Coming back sucks! Lahore has changed a lot in appearance, but not in the character that defines it and distinguishes it from the rest of the world. I met a very interesting BBC guy (a Siberian) and his Pakistani-English wife filming a documentary on Pakistani legal system for Channel 4. He and I explored Old Lahore (including Hira Mandi) together. I brought back a set of Tablas (my childhood passion, at which I stink) tonís of old Punjabi CDs (tu aiN mahi chhela, tay maiN wa teri Lela), and the rest of suitcases were filled with my wifeís fancy shamancy Saris and Shalwar Kameeziz, which she will rarely use. Kids had fun with their over a dozen first and over a couple hundred second and third cousins.

I will be starting my new job in a few days, so things are pretty hectic at work. I will tell you all more about my stay in Lahore, and a day trip to Multan.

Comment

NyAhmadi!
        Good to see you again! Welcome back.

Comment

HooN

------------------
          Live from Alaam-e-Barzakh

Comment

Welcome back Ahmadi bro.

You've missed some exciting posts on Gupshup, even by our standards. I'll let you get your feet on the ground before demanding news of your latest escapades. Trips back to the homeland tend to disorientate people a bit so put your feet up and have a nice cup of doodhpati first. I'm sure we can get you onto the aspirin before too long

Your pal
            Mr Xtreme

Comment

welcome back jawaan!!

Comment

Originally posted by ghalib:
                welcome back jawaan!!
                2. http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/pagal.gif
                3. http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/rotato.gif

------------------
                Live from Alaam-e-Barzakh

Comment

Hey NYA ..... Welcome back !! You were truly missed. We had some really exciting (and inflammatory) posts in here !! You missed them !

Comment

NYA,

Welcome back, You were definately missed. I hope you made your first trip to India. Take care, it will nice to see you around.

Comment

Dear Rani. Unfortunately, we couldnít travel to Delhi. We only had a little over two weeks in Pakistan, and on top of that my father in law surprised us by showing up unannounced from Greece. My mom wouldnít let us go out anywhere. We are planning to go to India next summer for a whole 2-3 weeks. It was nice to see all my family and my kids now know more Punjabi than they knew before. The biggest thrill my wife always has on visits to Pakistan is going shopping and bargaining.

BK, who was inflamating? Let me know, and we will do something about that.

Comment

Welcome Back We sure all missed you..would love to hear the details of your trip , especially 'menda Sohna shehr Multan'

Comment

Outlaw Saeen. I took only a day trip with my family to go visit the shrines. Multan has changed a lot. I didnít even recognized Abdali Road. It is so wide and so orderly now. I spent 5-6 hours in Hussain-a-gahi, and hooked up with a couple of old friends. The Bazar is still pretty much the same, but with a lot of new shopping centers.

Multan still has the spiritual feel to it.

Ate a lot of mangoes and also brought back Hafizís original Sohan Halwa. An old school friend of mine was elected to be the Mayor of Multan, and later fired by the new government. It was fun listening to his stories about Multan, and I sure will share these stories with you and all my friends.

One thing that bothered me was the presence of loads of Police at the Shrines. I think it is sad that the sanctity of even such places is now being violated by fanatic elements of the society. It made me cry inside

Comment

Ahmadi welcome back.I read many of your postings.

Comment

oooey Mera Jigur Mira pephera aa geya oey, Gudian (Kites) lain kay aya aeen. Well I was joking, how was Lahore and how were Lahore Deyian Mujhain. Did you give my Salam to everybody. Welcome back maann...

Comment

Working...
                              X