has anyone gone on a vacation....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

has anyone gone on a vacation....

hi all,i just got back from san francisco and let me tell u i had a faboulus time.i loved being at the golden gate where u just let go of everything and embrace whats out there.i went to shalimar restaurant and wow havent had food like that in ages.downtown was awesome people walking around having fun.i stopped at ghiradelli on bay street and i had a very good sundae to eat.i saw crooked street and that was unique.went to silicon valley and saw all the hi tech drama unfold.loved the mountains and the clouds and met some really nice people...the point of all this is that we all should get away from our daily life and take time in pampering ourselves and rewarding ourselves.so i encourage all of u who havent been to san fran or california please check it out if u can cause i know u will have fun.
    have fun
    cios

Will ppl please stop talking about places like San Francisco & Chicago cuz i've been really really wanting to go there for the longest time this summer.

& doubtfully will be going there any time soon.

But, um, Homosapian Nature....does really sound liek a nice place..

Comment

Nothing much, just went to Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper (Rockey Mountains) and Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary. Basically the west Canada.

Maybe some of you people should go check it out like hiking, instead of going to Toronto all the time ;-)

But yeah it's really beautiful. http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/ok.gif

Comment

well kohal jee i hope u make it to san fran or where ever your heart desires and ya thanks for being sweet.
        Originally posted by kohal:
        Will ppl please stop talking about places like San Francisco & Chicago cuz i've been really really wanting to go there for the longest time this summer.

& doubtfully will be going there any time soon.

But, um, Homosapian Nature....does really sound liek a nice place..

Comment

HBN...you're right..S.F. is a beautifell place. I lived out there when I was 21.

Hey, did you visit Pier39? I had a job there in a Kite store (of all places!!).

I went back there 2 years ago with some work mates and kid brother. In years to come if I had to remember a 'memorable day' with my Kid brother it would be when we hired mountain bikes and rode all over the city. We reeked havoc for a whole day (and still did not get arrested!). Hanging onto the cable cars on Van Ness and trying hard to keep the tires outta the grooves.

People should take time out to travel. My motto is you only live once, so try to see as much of Allah's beautifull earth as possible. Holidays don't always hafta be 'two weeks in Pakistan'!

Comment

People's Champ..
            you went to Banff!?
            *gets more green*
            I saw the Candian film which basically has ariel shots of the (amazingly beautiful & exotic) landscapes in Canada. & obviously, the snowy-peaks of the mountains in Banff would be there as well.
            Just as hiking, it would be an amazing place for skiing.........plans for X-mas/March break you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples Champ:
              But yeah it's really beautiful.
              No buts about it. The rockies truly rock

San francisco and Montreal http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/ok.gifhttp://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/ok.gifhttp://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/ok.gif

Yep kohal there's awesome skiing, i've never been..I should be shot and killed i know, i know--living so close to the mountains and not knowing how to ski... but...*GfQ ducks* AAaahh don't crucify me Kohal i promise i'll learn how to someday

Lake louise,banff,jasper my favourite places on this side of the world...plus kanaskis lots of great hiking up there. Oh and also waterton which is down south by the border, i think its called glacier national park on the US side. There's a really beautiful route on the US side, its called 'Going to the Sun Road' its beyond amazing. I've lost count of how many times i've been, but its just loop that goes up into the mountains--scenic route would be the proper term i guess, its closed in the winter, on account of it being so high and there being so much snow, but if u ever get the chance go for it

Lake Louise is second only to Saifful Maluk *in my humble opinion* honestly they're almost mirrors of each other the only differences being that of elevation and accessibility. At Saifful Maluk the mountains are bare 'cuz they're above the treeline, but Lake louise is much lower so there's greenery. And there's Chateau Lake Louise...a really beautiful hotel built by CP rail ages ago, with great gardens going right down the the lakeside. Plus if you're ever there in the early early morning, u'll hear the bugler, Every morning he or could be she*sheepish smile* climbs up top one of the peaks overlooking lake Louise and ummm 'bugles', and because of the mountains all around it echoes and it really sounds cool.

Okay well i think i'm going to sign off now, 'cuz i'm just gabbing away and probably boring y'all*sheepish smile*

Comment

I went to New Mexico and Miami this summer. I don't know much about Nee Mex. but if I ever saw as dead a town as Albequerque- geez!! http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/nook.gif
                Miami was lovely. The beaches are warm and relaxing.
                But, not to disappoint Kohal too much, nothing beats San Fran. BTW- the cooked street is called Lombard. I first experienced Cali three years ago, and it was amazing! I too sa Ghiradelli, and the pier, and Treasure Island, and much of the East Bay too. Its beautiful there. I went again last year, and each time I've loved it even more. Everyone who's already living in the states should go at least once. Kohal, gurl-that's it- next time I go I'm taking you with me. I'll be your tour guide!

------------------
                In three words i can sum up everything i've learned about life: it goes on. --robert frost
                Got Gup?

Comment

Working...
                X