A stroll on Devon street with Fraudia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A stroll on Devon street with Fraudia

I went to Chicago last Thursday on a one day trip. Fraudia picked me up from the airport as planned. Up until the last moment, I did have strong doubts that he was not gonna show up and ditch me altogether. Ok, so I was wrong Ė big deal :>

One of the good things about Fraudia is that heís got a cool car. It did take me more than 24 hours to notice it, but eventually I did notice her. We had an argument on aerodynamic benefits (Fraudiaís point of view) vs total BS and waste of money (my point of view) on the spirals on the back of the car. Needless to say it was me who closed the argument truimphantly

It was also solely due to my charming presence (I somehow wants to take the credit for it you know) that Fraudia got an offer to act in a Pakistani drama in Chicago from somebody he met for the first time. But thatís not the juicy detail. Whatís more interesting is the fact that they had a five minute conversation and soon found out that they had at least three different common acquaintances, ranging from Fraudiaís cousin to his uncle to the dog owned by other guyís neighbors. I had a vague feeling that if theyíd be allowed to talk more, they would even wind up finding out some sort of sibling relationship going all the way back to Adam and Eve!

Thatís another interesting fact about Fraudia: He would know at least half dozen of your friends, family members, or acquaintances; Beware of him!

Fraudia is a hyper person. He is also very laid back. Youíd think that how can both characteristics go together in a person. Well, exactly. I had few moments during our meeting that I almost felt saying Ďslow down, I havenít even grasped the 30% of what we were just talking about and you started a whole new topic... can we dwell on it a bit more, please?í Dealing with him means you are dealing with a lot of information and thatís a little too much to handle for a slow minded person like me.

We went to the Sabri bratheraan (itís not really Sabri bratheraan but you know what I mear, right?) for Nihari, Brain masala, and Chicken karahi. On my list of award desi cuisine, their Brain masla stands atop. Kababs at Ravi Kabab house in fact were Kababs. Definitely something worth your visit to the area.

We had a very nice stroll on Devon street and yapped about different things. Just like in Chann jiís case, I didnít feel for a single moment that Iím meeting Fraudia for the first time. I had such a great time strolling on that street and just talking about stuff. He is a great company and fun person to be around, Iím glad very finally met.

Another successful meeting!

As recently as last week someone asked me how people find the time to post here on gupshup and how members feel so close to each other even though they are literally so far away. I think I'll mail the link to this thread to him.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.....this place turns out to be so much more than "just another bulletin board where nobody uses their real name".

I'm glad you had a good time Rom. Hopefully these are the first of many meetings.

Comment

I met the dude about three weeks ago. Somewhat agree with Rome analysis that he's hyper but one good thing about him is that he won't act formal, eventhough it was our first meet.

When I hooked up with the dude, it wasn;t the best of time for me but I guess we made the best of it. I offered him a flat Burger King coke, he offered a god conversation.

Just to echo some of Muzna's thoughts: I've come to know a few folks here personally. There have some folks that I keep in touch with over the phone and some I've met in person. Haven't been disappointed with the contacts one bit (the feelings may not be mutual here )

Safeguarding the privacy is essential but making an effort to meet the folks is also exciting. Give it a shot!

Comment

I met Najim last week here in Holland and hope to meet NYA and Roman bhai soon.
        I'll post more later bout our get together in Amsterdam.
        Happy to see more and more ppl meeting each other.
        Would have loved to join u folks over there in Chicago. Unfort. had to cancel my trip two months back.

[This message has been edited by pathwari (edited August 07, 2000).]

Comment

>> I offered him a flat Burger King coke, he offered a god conversation.

Yeah, I did notice that 'bout the dude. You feed him and he'd talk to you in return. :-P

I think one of the main reasons behind these many meetings among different members has to do with voice chatroom. I mean, you are already talking to the people in telephone-conversation sort of way and it definitely encourages you to meet the ones you get along well with face to face as well.

Other reason may be the fact that a lot of people here are just the way they are in real life. No pretense, not much reservations.

Next stop, New York

Comment

That nice to know more and more people are meeting offline.

>>Next stop, New York

Janab pehlay idhar aaao.......Chicken Karahi tuhadi wait kardi pai ay

Comment

Chann ji udhar tay pailay aana ee aana ay.

Veer ji minnoN o cocktail lounge aina ee aziz ay jinhi chicken karahi. SaadiyaaN shaamaaN dovaaN day baghair udhooriaN nay.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman:
                Next stop, New York
                Yara Roman,
                eh badee garab gal kitee ha tussaN. Sada wada phul geh ho?

New York must be changing flights, right?

Comment

pathwari bro, September does not look too good for me. I've got training sessions, moving prospects, and some other plans so can't really promise. Yar why don't you come over around the time I'd be on East coast?

Comment

It was my first experience of meeting anyone from the WEB, and I must admit quite impressive. Pathwari is really nice guy.

[This message has been edited by Najim (edited August 08, 2000).]

Comment

Up until the last moment, I did have strong doubts that he was not gonna show up and ditch me altogether.

Hmmm up until the last minute I was wondering whether to pick you up..

We had an argument on aerodynamic benefits (Fraudiaís point of view) vs total BS and waste of money (my point of view) on the spirals on the back of the car.

Abay..spoilers..

Needless to say it was me who closed the argument truimphantly

I figured that Roman must know more than the Formula 1 car designers and thus decided to admit defeat

Fraudia got an offer to act in a Pakistani drama in Chicago from somebody he met for the first time.

Ummm 2 shows actually..

Thatís another interesting fact about Fraudia: He would know at least half dozen of your friends, family members, or acquaintances; Beware of him!

Boo!!!

Fraudia is a hyper person. He is also very laid back. Youíd think that how can both characteristics go together in a person.

Told ya tell tale signs of multiple personality disorder... could be early signs of manic depression.

{b} On my list of award desi cuisine, their Brain masla stands atop. Kababs at Ravi Kabab house in fact were Kababs. Definitely something worth your visit to the area.[/B]

Hahah coe now Roman, visit?? you were beginning to think about relocating to Chicago, such is the mysterious power of those kebabs..

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by ghalib:
                        he offered a god conversation.
                        Pir Sahab always offers godly conversation my child..there is hidden sufi wisdom behind the seemingly chichora and sarrak chap fiqray baazi.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Sorry had been away for a few days so did not get a chance to read n respond..

I picked Roman up just outside the terminal. Good thing is that he tries just as hard to be organized and fully utilized his cell phone to let me know at the exact spot he was standing at...What puzzled me is the question "yaar how did you know it was me"
                          well ummm....abay...vestibule c-8 kay neechay aur kitnay burger desi kahrray thay?

Roman is great company, we were just yip yappin about anything and everything. btw Roman I have not seen the Hashar nashar tapes yet, will let ya know how they were.

Funny thing happened when we were at the restaurant: I realized that I had left my cell phone in the car. Roman had gone to the restroom and I told the waiter to tell Roman that I had gone to the car to get something.

The waiter did not remember and no one was able to answer Roman's inquiry regarding my whereabouts..I saw him standing outside the restaurant wondering if I took off with his luggage and left him stranded..(damn..why dinn I think of that)

We had a really good chat and as much of a batooni shaqs that I am, Roman kept along.
                          He was pretty much how I thought he was and it felt like I was meeting a pal after a long time.

The next day Roman saw the less patient side of me during rush hour cursing at the drivers, the highway engineers and the city planners...and then he joined in...woo hoo Dude has decent punjabi galiaan although I felt mine were better.

Roman is a very patient person. We had flights leaving chicago at the same time, and my ticket was royally messed up by air canada and united. Not only did he help me with my luggage but tagged around from terminal to terminal between the two airlines to help me out...Thanks bro.

We have already begun planning a reunion and getting ghalib to leave india-no-place for a weekend here.

Comment

Najim bro,
                            the feeling is mutual!

Comment

Hey, you pronounced it like 'Spirals', what would I know about cars?

Ok, alright so I in fact thought about moving to Chicago just because of food on Devon street... doesn't mean you'd go ahead and reveal my secretive plans out of my passion for food.

>> ...as much of a batooni shaqs that I am, Roman kept along.

I doubt I had anyother choice. :-P

I had such a wonderful time, thanks a lot man. 'Wish could have more time. We definitely gotta drag ghalib out of india-no-place for next time.

Comment

Working...
                              X