FOB Guppos !!?!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FOB Guppos !!?!!

I was wondering how many people here consider themselves FOBs (Fresh off the Boat)?

I always like to read FOB posts b/c the spelling is strange and these guys always have a weird viewpoint. I'm talking about people like Zar Leo, Sufimaster, and of course the one and only Muqaddar sharif bhai, now known as Pakistan Hero.

How many Gupshuppers post from Pakistan? I know that Bholibhadshai is based in Pakistan but anybody else?

Paindoo FOBs definitely make for better reading than middle class types.

Come on you boat people, let's hear from you so we can come to an understanding - or maybe not. Let's see!

I don't know if this is the case but I have always heard the word "paindoo" used in a derogatory manner.

That's not nice Mr. Xtreme.

Comment

abay... you didn't post who are the middle class types here...

Comment

And while we're on the subject....can we also talk about what are "burger families" etc....?

Nobody has been able to define these very well......

Comment

Ppl do call me "Paindun in NY"...but i think thats coz of the way i dress up...esp. my Burqah....but who knows...

anyways wot are you? You don't sound like a FOB at all....Coconut??

Comment

hey watch what u say about FOBs man.. cause i am a proud member of the FOB society.. ;-) so anything u say or do can be and will be taken personally.. .. not that i will do anything but it was worth a threat.. .. and burger or burger families terms were coined by our one and only umer sharif .. the king of stage dramas in pakistan.. and they are the ppl who are in the transition mode of achieving a goal which makes u look like a non pakistani is every way .. .. good luck with that cause unless u follow michael jacksons steps that brown color of urs is not going anywhere ;-)

[This message has been edited by Yankee (edited August 01, 2000).]

Comment

I am....I guess....(interesting reading my answer'll make I hope 4 u MrXtreme.)..

Comment

Originally posted by Baarishh:
                I am....I guess....(interesting reading my answer'll make I hope 4 u MrXtreme.)..
                Nicely put baarish.. u sure are one of us..

Comment

Ok, wait how about you take a nice look at yourself before it comes to pointing this and that regarding others. Haven't you heard of the term called "freedom of speach" and isn't that what its all about. Don't we want to promote equality, and remove all barriers that cause conflict among us. Oh c'mon there

Adios!
                  DB

Comment

Muzna,

There are people who are very proud of their paindoo roots - ask Chanmahi. I am also half paindoo, so don't fret

Naik,

me...coconut? You are joking right?

Yankee and Baarish, you don't sound all that FOB. I am talking about genuine FOBs like Zar Leo who has been in the US for only 2 years and within a week of joining Gupshup he was making threats to Subzi Wala. It reminded me so much of Pakistan where there is a fight every time you travel by bus. Great stuff!

I'm talking 'fresh' FOBs. At the moment Zar Leo is number 1 closely followed by sufimaster. Yankee comes in at no.3 because he calls bread doubleroti.

I think I will have to introduce my cousin here to show you people what a real FOB should sound like. He's been here 2 years as well. Watch this space!

Comment

Xtreme, no i am not kidding...i am just asking wot catagory u'll put urself in

Chann ji is one proud painDo i know....Sighz...i envy all the proud paindoos...i always try to hide my paindoo'ness behind this Burqah...

ps. Double'RoTi is sucha cute word!!!

Comment

Well who says paindo is an insulting remark, I still walk around in my Dhutti and every body calls me Paindo here. I am born paindo and proud of it.

Comment

Naik,

I am a FOB wannabe. I don't really qualify b/c I have been in Britain too long, but I always wish I was a genuine FOB. Burger-types are ok but they are not the real deal.

People who I would count as Burgers are NYAhmadi and Roman. NYA has more of a FOB mentality but he is too anglicised. He's in Pakistan at the moment so maybe he'll have improved when he gets back. Or maybe he will need some more work on him, but leave it to me

Comment

>>Yankee comes in at no.3 because he calls bread doubleroti

hmmmm... well he only calls bread doubleroti while I still eat doubleroti so that gives me a leading edge over him!

testing ... is my pswd still working.

[This message has been edited by KK (edited August 01, 2000).]

Comment

Originally posted by KK:

>>Yankee comes in at no.3 because he calls bread doubleroti

hmmmm... well he only calls bread doubleroti while I still eats doubleroti so that gives me a leading edge over him!

ok yaar u take the spot.. i am happy being just in the list..

http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/pagal.gif http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/pagal.gif http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/pagal.gif http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/pagal.gif http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/pagal.gif

Comment

Working...
                              X