Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EDUCATION IN OUR COUNTRY

HI! ALL

i know that you guys are expecting lot's of praise and appreciation from me for my BELOVED COUNTRY and would say that it's just bull **** as i never say any thing against pakistan but it's a fact that i have nothing to say against pakistan i read this article from a post by M ALI i will not mention all of that becas he was n't absoultly wrong aboput that but the main point i have here is that he said "we all know about standard of education in pakistan . any one who can speak english fluently is considered as an educated person " i agree with you i also agree that every person who can write his name is considered ..........i accept that
    BUT the problem i have here is that you can not blame govt (trust me i have got nothing to do with govt and my father is not priminister or minister) neither the institutions . because govt is poor if you are poor it's not your falt it's not a curse to be poor govt lacks finances i do n't support any political party but i belive that no one has betrayed pakistan or paki i belive that benazirs account in switzerland are from her own mean i need to mention legal means here and nwaz sharif's mill were there even b4 he jumped into politics zia & bhutoo both were great leaders and patriots i do n't care what they did with other my concern is with country may bei should not miss ayub khan & liaqat ali khan but the only trator we had was yahiya khan. any way iam getting out of track here
    the institutions are good in pakistan and according to my knowlede and source ( although it's not very authentic source) no pakistani could get admision in nuclear physics in any american uni for 12 or 22 years but even then we made atom bomb i accept that a lot of smuggling was involved in that but i also belive that those smuglers should be treated as hereos becas itwas not for their personal sake . out of the students who has got 1600/1600 in sat from any contry there is a good ratio of pakistani students as a matter of fact highest in asia . and
    i do n't have a second thought that we can compare
    GIK WITH MIT and LUMS WITH HOWARD
    just want to tell you one thing bro that education in our country can be compared with any other country in all the feilds of knowledge that we have . i have studied in america , did most of my schooling in england now iam in australia trust me as you would have to or you can argue with me if you want we have NOT got quantity but have certainly got quality trust me .

all sort of questions are welcomed ?
    take care
    bye

Here is an eye opening and interesting article about education in Pakistan:

www.geocities.com/Athens/Academy/9391/scp6.htm

Shezi:
    "i have studied in america , did most of my schooling in england"
    I'm surprised to hear you had most of your schooling in the UK. Your grammar needs improving. Also is it possible to post without swearing ?

Farouq Taj.

Comment

wao!!! mr.TAJ
      you are really cool
      but tell you what it's different when you type on computer your typing has to be good as well . and not every one is a computer engi.
      but you are full oooo iam sorry no swearing
      take extereme care
      have a very good day
      bye bye

we are very good friends

[This message has been edited by shezi.]

[This message has been edited by shezi.]

Comment

Hey Shezi,
        Give the guy a break will ya. He's just doing his job. I like the way get people's attention though.
        So long

Comment

Dear Shezi
          You are favouring Pakistani education whereas you say that you have got your education in UK and USA. I know abour Pakistan because I have got my education there. Let me tell you some facts.
          The big landlords most of them are in politics both in ruling and opposition parties do not allow even a primary school on their lands because the children a Hari or Kissan are supposed to be Harri or Kissan.
          All the government schools are Urdu Medium whereas all the compitition for army beurocracy(for every thing) is in English. If some one ask me to appear in my subject of specilization in French Or German then I cannot score 1 even if it is a test of high school level.
          The Children of rich are in private schools where they are thaught English (They are told to hate their native languages and poor people).
          This means that some people are allowed to rule the country and to maintain their rule a system has been developed so no one can challenge and we make ourselves a part of it unconciously.
          I am talking about all these things because I think this is the time for us to know our surroundings if I am a successful person that does'nt mean that things are OK, we are equally responsible for those thousands of children who are Pakistani they live in Pakistan but they are hated by fellow Pakistanis. We must think about them and we should do something for them what we can do.
          Qatra qatra Samander Banta Hay.
          Thanks

Comment

Mr Shezi, your writing style shows that USA, UK and Australia have very poor standard of education or may be you attended special education program for mentally disabled children.

Comment

Aslam U Alaikum:
              As M Ali said that personal success can not be used to justify all the bad sides of the country. I did my all schooling in Pakistan and saw the standard going down day by day. When I was in primary school TUTION was for those who were a little behind in the class, when I reached high school there was not a single student in my class who was not going to TUTION in the evening, mostly to the same teacher they have in the school. Regarding success, let me tell you a true story. When we were almost done with our Masters from Punjab University all of us, my class fellow and I, were sitting in the canteen and discussing about the job market at that time. One of my frined said that you guys are one of thousands in Pakistan you do not have to worry about it. Whe we asked him to explain it he asked us that how many class fellow here at this time were with you when you started you schooling as pre-K student, how many student you see in University who were with you in you Matrick class. At that time there was only one of my matrick calss fellow in the University. This explain two things, one drop out rate in Pakistan is way high than you and I can imagine, second our teachers, board system, government whoever is responsible has not been able to make students able to understand that education is important. Rather our teachers are concerned about how much money they can make by tutions, and board official are concerned that how much money they can make by changing the books and alotting the printing of those books to their favorite printing agency. M Ali said very right that if you got money then you can teach you kids better education otherwise, try to survive no guarantee. Solutions, I have not come across any, I am just praying to Allah to help us. The success stories you are telling us we are proud of that but after how many years you come across a student like that and how many students?
              Allah Hafiz

Comment

The Standard of Education was fairly higher during the time of British India. There can be no doubt that their civic administration was superior.
                The best schools in Pakistan are those founded by the English.These schools were not built for mass education,they only served the ruling elite. Unfortuanetly the trend persists.
                The goverment must privatise the education sector. The whole system must be viwed as a unified unit. India and Pakistan have similar institutions, coupled with similar problems.
                A Unified aproach is in order. Both goverments should hand over the task of massive restructuring the system to a private firm. The contractual nature of this agreement would ensure quality and acountability.
                Complete privatisation would ensure the absence of a corrupt beraucracy.
                Imagine for a second the children of the subcontinent following a similar syllabus. Their skills transferable to any part of the subcontinent. Such an effort would boost communication and research.
                The utopian nature of this dream is compensated by the availability of Information technology.
                Recently the World Bank was hired for third world solutions in the province of Sindh. The Pakistan Beauracracy how ever over whelmed the outsiders with corruption.
                Hence a proposal completely private in nature massive in size and revolutionary in spirit comes to mind.

Comment

Dear Resistence,

From where will you get the sincere people who will run the education according to certain standards and in honest manner. Have you seen the working of most private schools lately in Pakistan? I do not want to go into details, briefly they are more interested in grabbing the money rather than giving good education and building character in young generation.

Farid

Comment

Working...
                  X