Don't be like the people....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't be like the people....

Don't be like those shallow people who talk about pain and suffering, about love and living. Yeah it is easy to talk about life by saying poems or quoting other peoples' phrases in the comforts of your cosy little room onto an expensive computer, but have U actually experienced any knid of pain, sufferring, falling in love, of loosing someone whom U loved very much, of diseases,sicknesses,hunger,starvation...have U experienced life yet??
    Please share your thoughts....

well dear...
    I wont talk much but believe me i have experienced everything u mentioned... http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smile.gif

------------------
    Trust me, You'll get pain.

Comment

Dude you sound liek youve been through eveything you mentioned.
      I havent gone through anything bad except teh usual desi family problems

------------------
      BRAIN:Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Comment

well betta ji haan hum aisi kaifiat se tou guzrein hain tubhi tou BABA SAEENPEER JI ho gayein hain http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/biggrin.gif

------------------
        *jeette_raho bache*

Comment

Asr....i like what you wrote.
          Like, a 15 yr. who faces those situations is undoubtly more mature than a 23 yr. old who does not face such situations. & that 15 yr. old knows what life has in store for him/her -- & is prepared for ANYTHIng.

god, & that's what furiates me sometimes: how some of us are so leniant & superficial about things in life....& when something horrific happens to us, some of us start boo-hoo-hooing, or feel we deserve everyone's pity.. -- not all us, some of us.

Comment

Not to say that I have experienced everything in life in any way, but the factors that you have listed, I have experienced them and more..somethings not by experiencing them myself, but by seeing others close to me experience it and being involved in the situation.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

I appreciate your sincere response, guys http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smile.gif
              I hope all of U guys are in your best of health and spirit. I guess a simple thing to do is to appreciate what we have and thank ALLAH for everything.
              Hey, X-men is coming out this weekend, I am excited about that. I also wanna see Patriot. I guess its gonna be a double whammy!
              Take Care, my friends.. Asif

------------------
              Remember ALLAH and HE will Remember you.

Comment

Then the woman said, Speak to us of Joy
                and Sorrow.
                And he answered:
                YOur joy is your sorrow unmasked.
                And the selfsame well from which your
                laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
                And how else can it be?
                The deeper that sorrow carves into your being,the more joy you can contain.

Is not the cup that holds your wine the very cup that was burned in the potter's oven?
                And is not the lute that soothes your spirit, the very wood that was hollowed with knives?
                When you are joyous, look deep into your heart adn you shall find it is only that which has given you sorrow that is given you joy.
                When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth
                you are weeping for that which has been your delight.
                Some of you, "Joy is greater than sorrow,: and others say, "Nay, sorrow is the greater."

But I say unto you, they are inseparable.
                Together they come, and when one sits alone with you at your board, remember that the other is asleep upon your bed.

Verily you are suspended like scales between your sorrow and your joy.
                ONly when you are empty are you at standstill and balanced.
                When the treasure-keeper lifts you to weigh his gold and his silver, needs must your joy or your sorrow rise or fall.

Khalil Gibran
                ---------------

I contradicted myself today for a change. I usually write and use my own words. Today, *tehee* I replied with someone else's work http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smile.gif
                and in ans to ur qs... Hmm...lets say... perhaps we have!

[This message has been edited by Daysee Behna (edited July 13, 2000).]

Comment

Nice thread http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smile.gif, it reminds you that you are only a small fragment of life, have we experienced life? I think we have...all of us each in our own way. In life there is so much, there is pain and suffering, there is happiness and joy. Life itself is a process wherein we experience all these....like Jibran says, if we didn't have sorrows, we wouldn't be able to appreciate our joys, and oftentimes it is only our joys-with their absence,etc. that result in our sorrows.

"Don't be like the shallow people who talk about pain and suffering....." I agree with you in a way Asr, but then we have to realize that 'who are we to judge' if they are shallow or not, i mean are we not people like them....is it really a crime that they have not experienced as much suffering,hardship as others? I mean we have to remain constant in our approach also, life is hard, life is easy, life is beautiful.

But then also, from 'who are we to judge' we can move to 'who are we to complain' which is what i think you meant *wry smile*. There is much suffering in the world, some we have maybe experienced..crossing our path briefly, a little we might have had just a little taste like a person brushing past you in a crowded hallway, and the rest we have never realized. And i guess its important to remember the suffering out there that we have never realized....the suffering we know nothing of.....

I was read an article a while ago, where it interviewed some people in a makeshift hospital in Chechnya, some of the injured were Mujahidin, but many were civilians, and so when the journalist asked them how they were, they would say 'Alhamdulillah', they did not complain of their condition, they would say that everything is the will of Allah swt, they would not reveal to the journalist the extent of their suffering, even an old man who was dying...of his condition he would say only Alhamdulillah. Reading this inspired me, and makes you realize how little we are, i mean we can be experiencing things so unbearable that we believe it can't get any worse, but then when you think about it, you are only one in a world full of suffering. But even though the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.

Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle. This line is one of the things i live by...and it was one of the first things that flashed through my mind when i read this post...the other being a verse in surah al Baqarah. Do you think that you shall enter Paradise without such trials that came to those who preceded you? They encountered suffering and adversity and were so shaken that even teh Messenger and those of faith with him cried, 'When will the help of Allah come!' But indeed the help of Allah is near!

Alright, i'm out http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smile.gif Just remember-Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.

Comment

http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smile.gif

Comment

Beautiful posts!!!
                      Life is only a dream.

Comment

Girl From Quraysh: Very nice!
                        I really enjoyed reading your post'Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle'. Sometimes we get so selfishly involved in our affairs that we close ourselves in a our little protective shell. Our empathy for others completely diminishes to the point of not even smiling at others! U know its not that difficult to smile and say a few nice things to a complete stranger and U make his/her day. U know what I do is I try to meet one complete stranger atleast once a week and just talk to that person(sometimes its in the company, at the gym, bookstore etc..), and it is amazing that I learn something new about the person, about the world and hence about myself.
                        Salaam everyone... http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smile.gif

------------------
                        Remember ALLAH and HE will Remember you.

[This message has been edited by asr (edited July 15, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                        X