views of an american

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

views of an american

in my eng class i came across this essay written by a old student who was talking about iraq's army escape and the reasons why they were allowed to go back .

he writes
    " the final reason u.s interests are serve by the reprieve given to iraqi army is that a divided persian gulf is better for us. we need a strong coutry to offset iran in the persian gulf. iran is inimical to u.s interests, has a large standing army and would like nothing better than to "purify the gulf with holy fire."............... .
    he continues " if iraq had lost its army, and therefore its hold on the people, a new and friendlier goverment could have evolved. picture this: a new goverment makes peace with iran and arab nations and a new era of muslim brotherhood begins. there is no more bad blood and everyone is happy. wouldn't that be wonderful? not for the united states.
    and a united arab world would have one more score to settle: the destruction of isreal."

if an american can imagine the negative effects of muslim brotherhood why cann't we as a muslim can understand the profits of such an era. the positive effects it will have on the muslim world and there standing in the UN.
    why can we be one and show US what we really r made of.

Nick, there are all kinds of theories about that. It is true that US does not want to see Iraq completely be off balance to Iranís army might. US interests lie in the Oil Reserves and not necessarily in the lack of unity among Muslims. If there were oil in Western Africa, on which US depended its life on, there wont be massacres and genocides in Liberia, Sierra Leone, Rwanda, etc.

Given all of that, it is still upto Arab and other Muslim countries to form a united front. Situation will never improve with the kind of cultural differences and rhetorical similarities (e.g., they share the same religion) until the basic infrastructure of these countries changes for the better. Education, equal opportunity for all, outward looking vision, are some of the few things these nations should concentrate on. Unity will follow. As a starter, Gulf Arabs can start by getting rid of the Monarchs and Shiekhs and form democratic and publicly formulated institutions.

Comment

Good guy nick is a good american who knows the true face of america.

Comment

supersonic kid wat made u think dat i'm an american ?

Comment

Your name! http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/biggrin.gif

Comment

everyone knows this and talks about it often...
            but achieving muslim unity is an unsurmontable task...all the muslim leaders bow to others...there is not one sincere muslim leader ( except may be mahatir muhammad)......
            The last symbol of muslim unity i.e. " The Khilafat" was destroyed by western powers to deny muslims a rallying point.....the alterates like OIC & motimer have failed to provide a good alternative.......
            until we have a good rallying point and we get rid of western cronies who rule us we can never achieve unit...

Comment

Khilafat is the only way i think muslims can be united again. but with khilafat a lot of problems also arises. i don't know if we muslims ever be able to decide who will our khalifa. we probably end up fighting with each other.

Nya talked about democracy. if it was the only way then why pakistan is lacking behind. i know democracy haven't been constant there but ppl of pakistan know that martial law is much better then democracy.its the same in other muslim democratic countries.

once a well learnrd scholar was ask about his opinion of democracy.
              he put it this way dat in democracy ten idiots are more powerful then a single well educated person who knows how to run government ( its obvious these were not his exact words).

Comment

or in words of Iqbal
                "Jamhoriyat woh nizam hai jiss mein
                Logo ko gina kartay hain tola nahin kartay"

trans.
                democracy is that system in which ppl are counted and not weighed...

Comment

hey pukka desi nice shair yaar
                  but still i couldnot figure it out
                  was iqbal in favour of democracy or against it.

any way as long as my name is concern i'm really soory for dat but i want to make clear to u guys esp Ss kid dat i'm a paki n will always be.
                  i guess i 'm not dat creative to have a nick which reflects my nationality.

Comment

stop using shair in ur posts,i dont read them.

2nd We muslim have many flaws, untill we work on our own mistakes, dont blame america for where u live and who provides u facilities.

Comment

hey [email protected]#$% u r sayin we should not talk about muslim brother hood.

the intrention of this post was to tell wat are the views of an american r n how much they r afraid of a united muslim uma.

Comment

u can call me haramzada cuz thats what my name is, i wouldnt get mad......

there should be muslim brotherhood, not pointing fingers at others

Comment

i don't know yaar actually by calling u by this nick i'm indirectly insulting ur mom which i really don't want too so i guess i can stick with [email protected]#$%%$^

adois bud

Fi Aman Allah

Comment

get to the point....
                            if the americans can feel that muslims may unite....than why dont we do it....if only to oblige them...besides all muslim leaders are anxious to oblige them....who knows this may finally help to unite the muslims....or may be the americans realise that dealing with one kahlifah may be easy rather than dealing with, what is it 52 or 54 muslim rulers independently .... and thus create unity.... i dont see any other ways the muslims r gonna unite

Comment

Pukka

You talk lot of sense! No wonder your beard is all white - sure sign of wisdom!

Comment

Working...
                              X