Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to deal with the loss of a loved one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to deal with the loss of a loved one...

Salaamz everyone

i just got the newz that my uncle passed away last night (May Allah bless him, and let his soul rest in peace)
    i really felt it, and my mom being the younger sibling to my uncle felt it more than i did...and i couldn't bear to c her pain...

the matter just gets worse cuz my uncle was in india...and us here in canada, so far away...and his janaaza is tomorrow...the offices here won't open till monday, so the earliest that we can get to india, getting an emergency visa, and a ticket and all will be atleast another 2/3 days...sometime man is just so helpless...

call it fortunate, or unfortunate, i never had to deal with death in the family or immediate friends...and i just don't know what to do...i just feel totally helpless...**sigh**

any suggestions as to how should i cope with this loss??

OH yaar sorry to hear that may allah grant him janat and forgive his sins....you know Just try not to think of/about it...the more you think of it the more forustrated and angry you get just pray for him and inshallah you ll be fine..good luck!

Jaawan

------------------
    Till next time***Keep_It_Simple_Stupid***

Comment

dm, Inna lilah wa Inna lilahi rajiun.
      May Allah have mercy on his soul.

Couple of things i've realized on close family deaths is that "Time heals all wounds." Be there for your mum; mums can be the strongest ppl on Earth -- & also the weakest. That's why you gotta keep her strong.
      If your mum cries, then i think you can't help but cry with her ... & it's fine to do that...

Comment

yea...thanx guyz...so far it's been pretty hard keepin those tears in...trying to be strong for her, cuz i know, if i am not strong enuf, then she might even get worse...

Comment

Sorry to hear Desi,lakin yay mouqa aisa houta hay koee lafz in feelings ko rok nahi sakta,sirf waqt hay jou bouhut bara marhum hay,ALLHA TALLA marhoom hou apni khasoosi rahmat main rakhay ameen.

Comment

Be a brave boy..... Sometimes we are helpless.. (Ina Lillahe wa ina elehe Rajeoon) WE all have to return to Allah. sometimes it is just we cant do anything... I lost my mother 5 years ago.. God knows how I survived, but I did.

Just keep praying to Allah for him

Comment

Inna lillah-e-wa inna illaihe raajeun.
              May Allah grant him JANNAT (aameen). Desi, my friend just pray and recite the Quran as much as u can. Allah will give sabar to your family and u.

Take care
              It is my belief that our salvation lies in following the golden rules of conduct set for us by our great law-giver, the Prophet of Islam. (Quaid-e-Azam Speech at Shahi Darbar, Sibi, February 14, 1948)

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about your uncle's death DM.

Give it some time, time heals everything.

Comment

Inna lillah wa inna illaihe raajiun.

Just take it easy Desi....be there to support your mom and the rest of your family.
                  Pray for the deceased, give charity in his name, and seek the knowlege he taught you.

22.1 . O mankind! Fear your Lord . Lo! the earthquake of the Hour ( of Doom ) is a tremendous thing .

Comment

Salaam desi..

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. death is never easy. extremely confusing in my case. having had to suffer the loss of an aunt and my grandma in the past 3 months, it's been very painful, rather frustrating.
                    The first couple of weeks will be awful...i was afraid to look my mom in the eyes...it made me feel like something shattered inside of me everytime i did...

Just be there for your mom, being in the same room, so she won't feel alone. Until she gets back to india and be with her family, she is going to feel very lonely. circumstances had it, my mom couldn't go back home..but being with your loved ones..around the people who feel your loss just as greatly as you do, definitely helps with the healing process.

Hope Allah mian gives your mom and your family the strength you need to get through this. And May your uncle be granted a place in Jannat-ul-Firdos. Ameen

hang in there buddy....such is life

Comment

I am sorry to hear about your uncles death..its only natural to feel what you are feeling and you are gonna feel many different emotions and they are part of the grieving process...i actually saw my uncle die so I can remember what you are going through and trying to sort out what to feel, say, and think.
                      some days may be harder than others for yourself, your family and your mom. All you can do is be supportive of your mom and talk openly and honestly and it will take time but time is what you need to heal.

Comment

DM, sorry to hear that man. Hope you will still be able to travel to India and share your sorrow and loss with your family there.

Comment

Sorry to hear that desimunda....

My condolences to your family...

Comment

Desi Bhai, I am so sorry to hear about your uncle's death. Ina Lillahi wa in'na ilyihi rajion. May Allah grant him Jannah (Ameen) and give you and your family sabar. Since I came to this world, I have seen many of my elders and "bazurgs" dieing. Suddenly some one leaves. I have attended Jinazas and seen myself bodies going in to Qabars. Wa'Allah that time is most intense for me. One can clearly see that one day his/her relatives will leave him in Qabar just like that.

Dost sabar karo and pray for your uncle.

[This message has been edited by wasim21 (edited June 28, 2000).]

Comment

Ina Lillahi wa in'na ilyihi rajion.
                              Meray Roz O Shab k Nisaab Main Meray Paas Apna To Kuch Nahi

Comment

Working...
                              X