Sleep disturbance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sleep disturbance

People can have sleep disturbance for a variety of reasons. Its a field that still needs a lot of research. For people who have depression and anxiety causing sleep disturbance, different medications suit them. However, if you find yourself waking up in the middle of the night for no apparent reason...there might be hope for you. There is a new medication out called Rozerem (aka Ramelteon). It works on increasing concentration of the hormone Melatonin in your brain. For people who have sleep cycle distubances, it can provide some relief. Melatonin also comes in natural form...can be acquired from natural product stores. One or the other drug might work for you. Melatonin in its natural form should not cause any side-effects.
    I think I read a post about sleep disturbance a while back, so thought this might help.

(hiccup, you were saying)
    Last edited by Dopey; Mar 22, 2006, 07:48 PM.
    Life is only a dream.

Re: Sleep disturbance

i havent slept in ages.
    "Are you Laiiiiike .....Chaaicking me Aoout?"

Comment

I don't find myself waking up in the middle of the night; however, I find it hard to fall asleep.

Comment

i sleep for 2 to 3 hours, then up again, watch TV/smoke, then try to sleep again. its been going on for almost 4 years now.
        blind faith = blind followers

Comment

Oh, if you buy Melatonin from natural products store....it comes in 3mg tablets; you may take upto two tablets.
          Life is only a dream.

Comment

how do i know i wont get addicted to it?
            "Are you Laiiiiike .....Chaaicking me Aoout?"

Comment

^ LOL @ addicted. Does it have anything due to which one could get addicted to it?

Comment

Sadiyah, depends on the reason you are having difficulty falling asleep...different medications are available for that. Have you contacted your local doc?

danial shah....see above
                Life is only a dream.

Comment

wht a balony, its a scam.

sleep disturbances could be stopped just by exercising regularly
                  talmodighet av en saint. Sinnet til en synder

Comment

That's the best part about these two forms of medications. They are associated with a hormone produced naturally by your body. There is no addictiveness associated with them. There are some sleep meds that have addictive potential. That's why sleep disturbance is so difficult to cure.
                    Last edited by Dopey; Mar 22, 2006, 04:42 PM.
                    Life is only a dream.

Comment

Dopey, no, I haven't seen a doctor for it. My mind's usually wide awake and therefore, I find it hard to fall asleep. In any case, I usually try to take a shower before sleeping and that helps. I don't have to rely on medications that way.

Comment

musiacmaniac...see above
                        Life is only a dream.

Comment

it started after i stopped smoking weed. i think i should start with a spliff a night. see how it goes.
                          blind faith = blind followers

Comment

Sadiyah....there are quite a few recommendations that people may try to help sleep disturbance. Some people just have poor sleep hygiene. So excercising a few hours before going to sleep (not immediately before), drinking milk or consuming other dairy products, warm showers, setting regular hours....all are ways that people can try. Like I said, different things work for different people.
                            Life is only a dream.

Comment

danial shah...using drugs can really mess up your sleep. That kind of sleep disturbance is really difficult to treat. The best thing to do is to stay away from drugs and let your body re-adjust...sometimes just coming off drugs helps correct sleep disturbance. You might need an agent to help you sleep for a while....however, hopefully eventually your sleep should correct itself.
                              Life is only a dream.

Comment

Working...
                              X