Bank Account Details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank Account Details

The guy at Blockbuster got my bank details coz I took my bank statement as proof of residence when I went to join, he photocopied it, then I realised my Sortcode, Account Number, International Bank Account Number, Branch Identifier Code were on there, got me thinking can he rob me with those details seen as he has all my other personal details on his recordes like my name, address, D.O.B etc. and some places only need sortcode and account number to drain your account through direct debit.

I'm scared, I'll be royally sexed if I lose any more dosh.

What do you guys think I should do? Or is there no need to worry and details on my bank statement are not sufficent for him to thieve me of anything?

Could I have my account number and sort code changed through a phone call?

Re: Bank Account Details

the sort code is usually the number of the actual branch(well, it is in the UK)
    so that cant be changed , but I would give teh bank a call and tell tehm that there is a possibility of someone draining millions from your account

do it NOW!

seriously

do it now, that piece of paper will pass through a number of hands
    May your every wish be granted...
    Ancient chinese curse

Comment

You probably want to pay a visit to your BB store and ask for that copy back. Also alert your bank that you have accidentally stepped into some pile of [email protected]

Comment

setup a new account and close this one down

Comment

^
          ditto and let them know if someoen tries to access the old account arrest that person...

maan copy of a bank card in block buster... thats hilarious they don't ask you that.
          Life became all Gray! But NOW i have decided to paint it all over again.

I Tawt I Taw A Puddy Tat

Comment

Just call your bank up, speak to the customer services ppl, that should help you decide the next move.
            I hate both men and women, and am afraid of animals, so basically I am very very lonely.

Comment

I rang my good friend Farhat in India, I felt dopey and silly but I'm glad I did, he says there's nothing to worry about as long as I didn't give any card details or my security number, he said the details on my bank statement are not enough for anyone to drain my account.

Thank God for that, I was quite worried that all the money my grandfather (God bless his soul) left me would go to the smelly fat man at Blockbuster and my dream of owning my very own luxury apartment overlooking Manchester city go down the drain but it aint happened, thank God.

Comment

get identity theft insurance in case...
                Life became all Gray! But NOW i have decided to paint it all over again.

I Tawt I Taw A Puddy Tat

Comment

Faruk, I do hope for your sake and the money that your dear Grandfather (God rest his soul) that your good friend Farhat in India is right!!!

For Goodness sakes boy

you phoned someone on the otherside of the world when all you had to do is phone your local bank!!!
                  Ancient chinese curse

Comment

Well all that he can do with just your account number and sort code is to pay money INTO your account.

Bet you're not complaining now are ya?

Comment

he can call the bank and get them to change the address and ask for a new card to be posted to his house

with a new pin number
                      Ancient chinese curse

Comment

You know u could've taken ur phone bill or some other sort of proof of residence.. Get an ID made and try not trusting others so much in the future.
                        Slightly Crazy and Plenty Lazy

Comment

You'd better hope that the blockbusters guy doesn't come on gupshup cos you're just helping him out even more.

Comment

nia yeah i was considerin that myself.

laizy aunty i did phone the bank but all their offices are in India, lol, Farhat isn't really my friend, it was some Indian HSBC staff, lol.

u scared me again with the thing about new card, will he not require card details or my security number for a new card? anyway if he does that the bank will have his address on their records and i'll do a gehad on his mother ***** arse (got that of John Leguizamo from Land of The Dead).

Devil yeah i'm gonna be careful now, I wish id thought that b4, I'm not the brightest bulb in the box I can be rite goofey at times, you know the saying "few pennies short of a pound", "lift not quite to the top".

Brit Chick lol, he's skinnheaded caucasian, he wont come on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Faruk Khan
                              nia yeah i was considerin that myself.

laizy aunty i did phone the bank but all their offices are in India, lol, Farhat isn't really my friend, it was some Indian HSBC staff, lol.

u scared me again with the thing about new card, will he not require card details or my security number for a new card? anyway if he does that the bank will have his address on their records and i'll do a gehad on his mother ***** arse (got that of John Leguizamo from Land of The Dead).

Faruk, it is possible that it can be done without them..depends on your knowhow...

and as for you and your friend Farhat....
                              Ancient chinese curse

Comment

Working...
                              X