Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muslims, and their dismal record at humantarian front !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muslims, and their dismal record at humantarian front !

Heard this comment on tv and sadly find I it embarsassingly true...

"For past 200 years Muslims have remained indifferent towards humatarian tragedies( more in case of non-muslims victims). Their lack of response and apathy is getting highlighted more and more through popular media ! "

and when this topic comes under discussion, they always exhibit victim mentality !

coments ?
    Bazinggaaaa ....

Re: Muslims, and their dismal record at humantarian front !

Pakistan received more help from muslim countries for the recent humanitarian tragedy.

Most of the humanitarian tragedys are happening in muslim countries in the first place where millions face hunger, starvation and death...I agree more could be done my the rich muslim nations to help other muslim countries out, afterall the non muslim countries dont really help us out, they just offer loans and high interest rates.
    I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by

Comment

The difference between the Kuffar and Muslims helping out has a lot to do with how help is displayed...

While our religion teaches us that when you give with your right, your left must not know, while completely the opposite is with the west...They do good and outdo the effort of that good in promoting what good they did...

They are showing this ad here, about cigarette companies...Philip Morris gave a few hundred thousand dollars for some charity...And they spent millions and millions of dollars in advertisement promoting their deed...

How many times have you heard in Pakistan or even I in the US about how 'someone' donated so and so amount of dollars or rupees to have something built for the Masjid or sending someone off for Hajj or donated to the hospital...But you never find out who it was...Why?

Muslims never advertise their charity because it lessens its Ajar or reward...

In the west, when they donate, they tell everyone they meet, I donated this much and much...Then they claim it as a tax writeoff...

So don't compare their worth of charity with the Muslim's attitude towards it...No matter how much of a mod-Muslim one may be, when it comes to giving, no one gives away their secret...
      Focus not on who you are but what you do...
      ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

Comment

^

In addition to that, there are still various humantarian aids that you can see: In the form of Peace-keeping, medicare, food and shelter. Muslim nations do not promote for their deeds - they can be seen. Too bad, the western media does not have a large enough zoom lense to see the humantarian front that We have.

Jazak'Allah Khair
        "The sky is my dome and the earth is my prayer mat"
        - - -
        "Verily the ink of a scholar is more holy than the blood of a martyr"

Comment

Any comments specifically on the following
          "For past 200 years Muslims have remained indifferent towards humatarian tragedies( more in case of non-muslims victims)....

Muslim of today, by and large think that their energies and resources would be wasted if they help non-muslim in the time of clamity or distress ! On the other hand, non-muslim do not have this attitude.

But frankly this was not the case all the time. Through out recorded history most distraced and troubled nation were jews... but whenever they were kicked out of their home, killed or prosecuted on the basis of race and religion by christians, they found safe heaven in muslim countries. Muslims, generously gave them place to live and freedom to flourish

Lajawab - As far as i know advertising of charity is allowed in islam to encourage others to do the same !
          Bazinggaaaa ....

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Code_Red
              Lajawab - As far as i know advertising of charity is allowed in islam to encourage others to do the same !
              umm No. Infact Islam says that giving charity (in secrecy) is far better than giving in open. Both of them get rewarded, but the first one gets more.

However, Giving Charity then bragging about it - is unIslamic, and the person does not get any reward for it.
              - - -

Comment

Originally posted by OMG
                bohot ankhain chal rahee hain
                - - -

Comment

Maududi sahab once gave a very nice analogy about the western media and its powerful impact upon those who believe it to be true...

He likened the media to a painting...And goes on to say that the Kuffar painted a picture on a mirror and told the Muslims to look into that mirror because the mirror always reflects the truth and told the Muslim, look, how ugly you are...The uninformed Muslims saw that picture and fell into self doubt about how truly ugly they were...

Don't forget the example of Hz. Isa :as:...Despite his miracles, despite his followers, despite his words of love, he was made to look like a culprit and was crucified...

They wish to do the same to the Muslims...

So codey bhayya, someone coming on the TV and telling you 'Look how indifferent to tragedies Muslims are' doesn't make you indifferent...It's like you may go to a doctor for an injection along with your friend...The doctor injects you and your friend but your friend starts screaming in pain...

Doesn't mean you are painfree...It just means that your threshold of pain is higher and you don't show it...

Comment

Sir, the ground realities and our track record is not a fake mirror !

the crisis of Darfar was not created by kuffar or infidel media !. It was a big humantarian problem and we muslims were the least concerned group of people on the face of earth despite the fact that it was in heart of biggest muslim country !

Be honest for once
                    Bazinggaaaa ....

Comment

the crisis of Darfar was not created by kuffar or infidel media !. It was a big humantarian problem and we muslims were the least concerned group of people on the face of earth despite the fact that it was in heart of biggest muslim country !

Be honest for once

I agree
                      I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by

Comment

Be honest for once
                        People in Darfar did not die because Muslim countries fail to provide aid. Rather it was due to civil war. It was so bad - that UN pulled its peacekeepers out. How in the World do you expect Us to provide aid.

The only Muslim nation that has Military means of Peacekeeping is Pakistan - and it has proven itself several times.

Code-Red: Before pulling the trigger, get you facts straight.
                        - - -

Comment

The UN can gather the biggest coalition of forces in the history of the world in just one week to save Kuwait from Saddam because there was oil, but they could not save thousands and thousands of innocent Bosnian Muslims from being slaughtered by the Serbians...

1.5 million innocent Muslims have died in Iraq in since 1990...

Thousands have died in Afghanistan...

And the mirror tells you, look at Darfur and how ugly you Muslims are...And we believe how ugly we are...

Comment

and do u know waht ....pakistani people are the single biggest charity giving community....guess the western media doesnt highlight this fact!!!......its all propoganda
                            {{{{{{{{{MEIN HOON JO MEIN HOON}}}}}}}}}

Comment

Working...
                            X