I would rather be a Paki than a Turk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would rather be a Paki than a Turk

No this isn't a personal statement, although I am sure it is true, it is a chant that the English football fans have been singing during the European football championships while on their pub crawls. There was a secret film crew following the Brit football fans while they have been touring Belgium, getting blind drunk, farting, belching, rioting, and causing damage wherever they go.

In one of their verbal wars with the Turkish fans, the english fans drew in their beer bellies and responded with "I would rather be a Paki than a Turk".

I think the rest of Europe wishes they were Pakis as well judging by the beating they got at the hands of the Belgian police.

Yeah Man, those scumbags those English football hooligans are nasty. Isn’t there some kind of warning to England that it might be excluded in the upcoming Euro tournaments until it makes an effort to control those idiots. I witnessed a fight in 1987 with some MU fans that came to watch a game in Sheffield. Wednesday guys beat the crap out of them, with one guy ending up in “serious” condition. They deserve their butts kicked, Paki style.

Comment

English are simply ignorant.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rarediamonds & Gold:
        No..but such generalizations are..
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

NY I am a fan of british football, whether its the national team or the premiership. The country needs to handle thes ehooligans a bit better, the problem is lack of efforst by the government and lack of accountability for these guys.

The Belgian Police simply sends them back...its equal to yours trulyu dropping by NYC and engaging in riots, only to be put on a flight back to Chicago.

Stricter laws are needed. There are a few things that are evident...
          1) English Hooligans are the worst in football
          2) due to the rep many innocent people get arrested too, even this time many people were arrested just becuase they were english football fans
          3) Other countries' hooligans dont get the media attention as english do
          4) The football team itself has no control on Hooligans. niether does the FA, its the responsibility of the home office in which it has failed miserably in.
          5) Reason why there was much less trouble at european cup in england...these hooligans were in England and would be charged and jailed.
          6) In future tourneys. no matter where, hooligans should be detained the entire duration of the tournament, and should be charged with criminal misconduct in their country.
          7) Hooligans should have their passports stamped as such or the passports be confiscated for a number of years.

sadly, although its of no fault of the english team or the FA or the many english fans...but if the English teams gets banned from the next cup. it may raise enough public outcry that the home office may have to take strict, measures, including making hooliganism a part of a person's criminal record, publishing a known hooligans list in major papers before tournaments etc etc.

Such a shame.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

read the stories about central park fiasco and the LA riots as well

Comment

aaah...same sorta thing everywhere...i remember, being in u.a.e, some of the locals thought really high of themselves, and while swearing, callin each other paki was the best they could do...

Comment

desimunda, paki or rafeeq? http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smile.gif
                tahts what it was in saudi arabia...sadeeg, rafeeq etc.

two points to note..

why do desis get a bad rep everywhere they go
                and secondly
                do we not have degrading names for others?

Comment

oh no...it was paki in u.a.e. http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smile.gif and i thought rafeeq meant friend...so that can't be bad, can it?

yea...i've been thinking bout how desi's get a bad rep everywhere...well, what can i say...kehtay haiN na aik gandi machli poora taalaab ko gandaa kar deti hai...same case here i guess...

Comment

Alot of 'Normal' English people hate these hooligans too.. That's such a sweeping statement... http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/mad.gif You've tarred a whole Nation by the acts of a few hooligans.. http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/mad.gif & this Nation hates these hooligans as much as you because we know people like yourself will just make generalisations on ALL of us as being the same .... http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/mad.gif
                    mmm You've shown yourself to be the ignorant one here... http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/mad.gif

MS
                    http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/devil.gif

------------------
                    ~*~* Friendship is love without wings.. ~*~*

[This message has been edited by Mem Sahib (edited June 21, 2000).]

Comment

Thank god pakistanis are not playing no soccar championship!

------------------
                      HARooN>>>Chorr chori se jaye...haira-pehrii se na jaye<<<

Comment

but the question is if pakistanis want british football fand to be paki.

Comment

Fraud Yar, I also enjoy a good game of soccer as my younger son is really into it. My first big scale exposure to soccer was when I came to England, and the thing that forced me to learn about football (divisions and all) was a remark on my very first term paper by my professor which read: “You are doing Austin Villa”… which I was told meant that I was going too much back and forth in my argument, the habit which I have since perfected even more!! But honestly, I enjoyed watching games on TV and an occasional one at the stadium.

I don’t know if you took my remarks the wrong way, but it was not my intention to ridicule the good game of football, but of the notorious and infamous hooligans. And I agree with you that they come in all nationalities and all colors, and are not unique to England. Every time Yankees win a game there are riots on my blocks.

Comment

That's why I watch the Italian Premier League, with AC Milan http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smile.gif

But come on now.. having hooligans like English fans sparks up the competition. It puts enthusiasm into the players to play harder (well for some). But i guess there is a limit to everything. There's no problem acting as enemies in the stadium but when you leave, act sensible. Unlike in Turkey two months ago, where some fans got stabbed on the streets, Leeds vs. Galatasaray Semi Final for UEFA Cup.

Thank god pakistanis are not playing no soccar championship!
                            That would be great man!!! Imagine Pakistan actually being a contender in Asia for World Cup qualifiers, unlike this year where they lost all their games and let in 16 goals and didn't score anything.
                            Football is growing bigger and bigger, and Pakistan should start playing a worldwide sport. You would get more recognition from the other 202 football countries. But too bad we are rated #183 http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/frown.gif
                            But still stay great in Cricket too.

What should be the solution for making Pakistan better at football?

Comment

Fraudiya,

nobody likes football more than I do, I play in a local league here and I have been to a few stadiums to watch matches as well in |England. In my opinin though, not enough is being done to stamp this problem out, or the underlying issues.

Yes, there are lots of decent people who have been outraged by the behaviour of these fans but at the same time, not enough has been done to combat the problem. So on the one hand we have respectable journalists and media representatives deploring the yobs, but on the other, we have the tabloids practically egging them on with headlines like "hun-nil!" or "Ve vill lose!" referring to the match against Germany.

On the one hand we have responsible filming like the Panorama documentary on BBC which showed huge crowds of Englishmen chanting "I would rather be a Paki than a Turk" - on the other hand, you have to ask yourself why all the journalists who follow these supporters around Europe have never reported the full extent of English xenphobia till AFTER the programme was aired. After all, there are a fair number of 'Pakis' who are British citizens. Although I have seen plenty of hand-wringing over the shame brought to England by the fans abroad, I haven't seen too much in the media about the hostile attitude shown by these lard-saturated morons towards their own 'countrymen'.

England is now the laughing stock of Europe. It's not just football either. When tourists from other countries arrive in England, they are well behaved, interested in the culture and generally behave in a civilised manner. The British abroad though, have an unfortunate reputation as lager louts. I don't remember his exact title, but one of the senior guys at the British consulate in Spain resigned his post because he was so fed up of the embarassing behaviour of the Brits abroad.

The lager lout culture needs to be tackled head on before it infects other countries to the same extent.

Comment

Working...
                              X