Atheists...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atheists...

I have always held a sort of indifferent pity towards those who don't have faith...It borders on the pity I would have for somone who doesn't have any parents and a kid whose ice cream broke from its stick on the very first lick...

The reason for my pity is simple...It is a pity for someone who lacks something which I Alhamdulillah have...Faith...

I mean, how hollow and meaningless life would be for someone who doesn't have something to live for...An animal like existence in which one is born, lives and dies without any guiding form of dictum that would guide one's life or fill it with a meaning...

Since I mentioned animals, I would also like to add, that animals don't have faith...They are incapable of having faith...The argument which many would give me would be, hey, many good people in this world don't believe in God who don't lie, cheat, steal or hurt others for greed and avarice...

My counter argument to that would be, neither would you find animals who lie, cheat, steal and hurt others for greed or avarice...Does that make them any more better than humans? I mean, the majority of them go around naked without any clothes on and crap where they like...Animals can't have faith...

I believe it is for this purpose and ability alone that Islam declares the Human Being as the greatest creation of the Creator...It is man's ability to look up at the sky and marvel at the stars or appreciate the smell of a flower or seek happiness in contenment...And the most important ability of all, to have faith...

So people who throw away this ability, are in reality giving up being a human...They are deliberately lowering themselves from being a human to sink to the level of a animal...

How dreary and empty must one's life be waking up everyday knowing there is nothing in this life to do but live and die...No worship, nothing to stand up for, nothing to fill the mind to ponder over...Just an empty existence like an animal...Eat, sleep and die...Nothing to fill the void in between...

I really envy highly religious people...Their lives are so full of contentment in filling the void of emptiness with their beliefs...Their living and dying for a higher purpose other than just breathing and working...How lucky are those for whom even work becomes a worship...They find a willingness to do something with earnestness...Even living and dying...

How lucky I am to have faith as little as it may be...How luckier I am still that I am Muslim...

And how I pity the faith orphaned, Godless children who have no faith...Their lives and thoughts just like tall grass in the wind, changing every which way where the wind turns...Nothing to stand up for...
    Focus not on who you are but what you do...
    ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

Re: Atheists...

fables and ignorance aside, the point you are bludgeoning to death in your post, Lajjo, is that atheists have no guidance, and hence lead a pathetic existance.

the irony of the matter happens to be that organized faiths are strikingly alike in condemning self guidance. blind faith is not guidance, it however does count as transfering your lack of knowledge of the world around you onto the existance of an imaginary creature you call god and attribute ridiculous powers to.

organized faiths, islam included, have shortcircuited creativity and advancement with their preachy RTFM mentality (please dont cut and paste the list of 20 odd ancient arab mathematicians here in reply to this). all answers are in the manual, and there are no questions outside the manual. sounds familar?

continuing with the fable theme, everyone knows that sheep love to form herds. sheep in herds dont look at the sky. not because they cant, but because their faith tells them they arent capable of looking up.

followers of organized faith like to pretend they are an enlightened lot, but in reality they have confined themselves to a narrow point of view on life.

as an example, every "believer" knows where the earth came from, but ask where the creator came from, and out comes the smoke and mirrors. in fact, that is not even a possible question. oh my.

pity not the atheist, pity yourself, you are merely sheep driven by the carrot and stick mentality, carrot being the reward of heaven and stick the fury of hellfire.

pity yourself even more, because you are forever stuck in the rut of cylic logic - quoting scripture as proof of scripture (as we'll soon see someone quote the quran to prove me wrong). this has been the favorite pastime of the religiously inclined for centuries. like the dumb puppy chasing its ever-elusive tail.
    Simple ain't easy.

Comment

i dont think athiests merely disbelieve in organized religion. They dont believe in the existence of God. Secondly your point about religion hampering scientific development is negated by the fact that Israel where the majority are adherents of an organized semitic religion is at the forefront of scientific development, as is USA where believe in some sort of God ranges in the high 80 percents. Compare that to UK and the Netherlands, the most athiestic states in the world, and tell me their scientific growth has been on the rise ever since they got rid of their gods.
      Din-e-Mullah fee sabeelillah fasad (Allama Iqbal)

Comment

btw extrem atheist and extremly blind faith...there is a middle ground...in this middle ground is build tolerance, harmony and peace....and knowledge seek
        you can kill those who tell the truth
        but you can't kill the truth
        -means "violence serves lies"-

Comment

i got lost somewhere in the second post sorry..............
          but i agree with lajawab though
          ***Character contributes to beauty. It fortifies a woman as her youth fades***

Comment

Originally posted by parissenoor
            btw extrem atheist and extremly blind faith...there is a middle ground...in this middle ground is build tolerance, harmony and peace....and knowledge seek
            I agree with this. It's helps to have faith, as it gets you easily through life, shows you the path to take in order to reach your final destination, whatever you may take it to be. But at the same time, you have to realize that each individual is free to choose his or her own path, and while you may look down upon/feel sorry for those with a path different from your own, it does not mean they are not happy and at peace. They most surely are. They must be. Since they stick to their chosen paths. As for those who don't, they simply switch. So either ways they're happy, whether or not you feel bad for them. To cut the long story short-- It really doesn't make any difference to the believer or the non-believer what the other thinks as long as he is in possesion of two of the most simplest, yet the most important things-- peace and happiness.
            Last edited by Nikki.M; Feb 21, 2006, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lajawab
              I have always held a sort of indifferent pity towards those who don't have faith......................

The reason for my pity is simple...It is a pity for someone who lacks something which I Alhamdulillah have...Faith.................

..............................And how I pity the faith orphaned, Godless children who have no faith...Their lives and thoughts just like tall grass in the wind, changing every which way where the wind turns...Nothing to stand up for...

...vutevar makes u feel better :biggthumb
              "Are you Laiiiiike .....Chaaicking me Aoout?"

Comment

Usually if you start talking to these people you will see some of them have brains.

Laj - one point or another in our lives there is a point where we doubt on HIS existence. We start believing that HE is no where [khundakawasta]. The reason behind that is simple - we are in so much pain and anger that we forget the true and real meaning behind life. At that very point you are an atheist claiming that there is no God because if HE was there He would not have given you that pain.

Human psychology is amazing- We like to have a reason behind everything and we like to blame someone or anyone who hurts us.

Laj- as mentioned I think something really bad happend to them. That's why they stopped believing in higher being.

queer - Isn't that better then creating your own gods [idols ] and stand in front of them with and believe they will actually do something? I mean how interesting and fasinating it is- you create your own gods first then believe that will bring something good to you.
                Isn't that better then running inside of a mandir filled with rats knowing you will catch a disease?

Laj- disbelievers will never come back on the right path.
                Life became all Gray! But NOW i have decided to paint it all over again.

I Tawt I Taw A Puddy Tat

Comment

Originally posted by queer

pity yourself even more, because you are forever stuck in the rut of cylic logic - like the dumb puppy chasing its ever-elusive tail.
                  u have ur reasons to feel better,laj has his reasons.i suppose both of u have the ability to boil eggs or shave or make love or take a shower,it doesnt matter if ur an atheiest or a believer [any religion].but our beliefs do give us strength.wether they r beliefs abt god or beliefs abt ones own ability to perform.

faith or belief in religion has been shown to increase survival rates among patients.it has been shown to decrease mortality.for a huge majority having some kind of faith has been shown to increse the quality of life.

some of the worlds most learned men become advocates of religion,of belief in a power higher than they cud understand,they cud even begin to understand, logicl to assume they must have felt something .

the difference between laj or any believer of any faith and an athiest is that a believer has something to fall back on which an athiest doesnt have.

for an athiest life ends wen he dies so he does watever is in his power to make the best of this life.for the believer,i speak as a muslim,faith makes sense wen its chaos,faith is a pillar wen there is insecurity ,u get my drift.even the most humane athiest wud not completely sacrifice his life bcoz that is all he has while a believer will.for good or bad ,but more power.

majority of people in the world r avg where intellect is concerned.some r exceptionally gifted,some exceptionally dumb.some plain queer.
                  All of us have convinced ourselves that our way is the best way, our logic is the perfect logic and those who do not conform to our thinking must be criticized and steered to the right direction, our direction .............. therefore Gupshup exists.

Comment

Originally posted by nia_khan

Isn't that better then running inside of a mandir filled with rats knowing you will catch a disease?

C'mon, dun tell me u were seriously tryna make a point with that.

Comment

nikki - i am trying to pick a fight with queer here - havent bugged him in a long time *wink

wait till he reads it - he will bash me like there is no tomorrow and then i will do it again its gupshup - no wonder why i love it..
                      Life became all Gray! But NOW i have decided to paint it all over again.

I Tawt I Taw A Puddy Tat

Comment

Originally posted by parissenoor
                        Excellent post.

Comment

Originally posted by Lajawab
                          I have always held a sort of indifferent pity towards those who don't have faith...It borders on the pity I would have for somone who doesn't have any parents and a kid whose ice cream broke from its stick on the very first lick...
                          Why do people who have no parents need pity? Loss (death) does not need pity, it needs respect. Pity is an awful emotion, it is rather like denial of the situation. Like one cannot be bothered to feel something more appropriate, they find it easier to pity. Sad.
                          I understand, I just don't care.

Comment

I am a former athiest. I never felt the lack of anything to believe in. I believed in art, music, literature, aesthetic that gave meaning and beauty to life. I was an athiest because it freed, rather than regulated as what I felt Islam did. I found Islam and other organized religions to be vengeful and punitive.

There are a lot of people who write convincingly in favor of athiesm and how there can be morals and something to live for "even if God were to die". Kai Nielson is one.

Comment

Here Lajawab:

I think the word you were searching for was nihilism to describe the existence of ahiests. But I think they have more faith and belief than thiests, belief in oneself I guess rather than some abstract far-removed entity. The vast majority of people who have achieved anything in life are athiests while thiests might be content, I believe what Marx said, their belief is an opiate that renders them content.

True happiness comes from helping others, contributing to the world. What about athiesm precludes that and what about Islam necessitates that?

Comment

Working...
                              X