I'd like 2 have 2 Roses of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like 2 have 2 Roses of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), please

Because these pastries are no longer known as danishes.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4724656.stm

Iranians wishing to buy Danish pastries will now have to ask for "Roses of the Prophet Muhammad".
    Bakeries across the capital, Tehran, are covering up signs advertising the pastries and replacing them with ones bearing the dessert's new name.

The confectioners' union ordered the name change in retaliation for the publication of caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad in a Danish newspaper.

The images have caused angry protests across the world.

The union said that their decision was prompted by the "insults by Danish newspapers against the Prophet".
    Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
    Al-Ghazali

Re: I'd like 2 have 2 Roses of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), please

Hey if french fries can be called freedom fries then why not 'ROses of the Prophet Muahmmad'? Althoguh I agree that is too long a name and my craving would be over before I could ask for a dozen of them.

I also believe it is silly to use Prophet Muhammad :saw: as part of the name for a pastry. They have gotten carried away.

Comment

I'd forgotten about Danish pastries. Maddyyyyy.
      "Today in heaven they opened up a new chest dedicated to charity. It's name ?"

Comment

its probably smaller in farsi.. something gulemuhammadi or chigu-nabiyyien. i bet denmark has just as long a name too so its not too bad
        Din-e-Mullah fee sabeelillah fasad (Allama Iqbal)

Comment

^^

You'd better run out and eat some

Fatten up for Canadian winter
          Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
          Al-Ghazali

Comment

Ahem maddy I'll stick to Tim Hortons. You didnt even get me donuts since you started living here. Kanjoos.

Comment

Originally posted by Muslim_Queen
              Ahem maddy I'll stick to Tim Hortons. You didnt even get me donuts since you started living here. Kanjoos.
              You never came to Toronto since I moved here so that i could give you doughnuts. . You hate me
              Al-Ghazali

Comment

I know. I was busy visiting London. How ironic.

I dont hate you. I just go across the Atlantic if you're near.

Comment

Originally posted by Femme Fatale
                  Hey if french fries can be called freedom fries
                  Yea and the funny thing is, french fries don't have anything to do with France. The reason they're called that is because the technique used to cut the patatoes to make fries is called "frenching".

"I just want the sweet pastries..." shopper Zohreh Masoumi said.
                  ^ lol.

Comment

Gul-e-Muhammadi.

Motshakeram.

Comment

lol! I am glad Denmark doesn't make toilet paper!

Comment

^ It wouldn't make any difference to us. We use lotas.

Comment

Originally posted by phatima1
                          ^ It wouldn't make any difference to us. We use lotas.
                          well in those posh hotels where they don't have muslim showers
                          (off topic: daym all these new smilies..Gizzy is working over time!)

Comment

Oh are we naming the lota now to Denish?
                            I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
                            - Robert McCloskey

Comment

its only on gs that a talk about pastries leads to a topic on lotas.

Comment

Working...
                              X