What would be the reason...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would be the reason...

...for a so called muslim to create a cartoon of Prophet Muhammad:saw: and display it with a glee as one of his finest creation. I am trying to understand the rational behind it. It is totally beyond me as to why would any "muslim" do that. Anyone ...help me understand the thought process behind this disgusting act... I am specially looking for the opinions of the so called "civilized" folks who demanded restraint from muslims around the world during the "original" cartoon fiasco.
    Weather forecast for tonight: dark.

Re: What would be the reason...

I guess they(cartoonists) are all as perverted & sick as that ******* rushdie
    I raced @200kph, crashed & survived. If you havent seen God, your not driving fast enough.

Comment

Mal1k, I am talking about someone from our walk of life. Not Rushdie or some european cartoonist.

Comment

Please do not think that I'm in agreement with the presentation of such a cartoon...I'm not. Just trying to present what MAY have been in the mind of the person who created it.....

Perhaps he's trying to present to the world a picture of how he thinks Muslims are viewed by others, a picture that is revolting but does make a very strong point. As it turned out, the "point" was way too strong, way too revolting and the whole thing backfired on him.

just a "perhaps"...

Comment

Originally posted by Kaleem
          ...for a so called muslim to create a cartoon of Prophet Muhammad:saw: and display it with a glee as one of his finest creation.
          Don't think any Muslim in his/her right mind would do it.

Why? Has any Muslim resorted to such an act?

Comment

I guess the reason would be being a traitor. Sick perverted minds even amongst us are the reason why the west mocks our faith & gets away with it. A few months down the line I wouldnt be surprised to see the same ppl use danish products...!
            I raced @200kph, crashed & survived. If you havent seen God, your not driving fast enough.

Comment

Maybe because they don't believe that there is anything in Islam that prohibits depictions of the prophet. It is not a universally accepted law as there have been depictions of the prophet for centuries in Islamic art and literature.

The same Islamic law that would prohibit depictions of the prophet also forbids pictures of any person or even animals. And that obviously is not followed universally. So some think that giving Muhammed special exemptions may actually be a form a worship since those same special rules don't apply to everyone.

Comment

He/She probably wants attention
                Q. What do you get from a pampered cow?
                A. Spoiled milk.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamaof3
                  Please do not think that I'm in agreement with the presentation of such a cartoon...I'm not. Just trying to present what MAY have been in the mind of the person who created it.....

Perhaps he's trying to present to the world a picture of how he thinks Muslims are viewed by others, a picture that is revolting but does make a very strong point. As it turned out, the "point" was way too strong, way too revolting and the whole thing backfired on him.

just a "perhaps"...
                  Mamaof3, interesting information. With all due respect, I do not buy the "perhaps" argument. He should have known better. There are ceratin lines you do not cross, this was/is one of them. There is nothing to be gained from such an act no matter how you spin it.

Comment

So you have a problem with an image of Muhammad yet throwing rocks at pillars that represent the devil is okay. Rock on.

Comment

probably someone who has a muslim name claims he is a MUSLIM.
                      Life became all Gray! But NOW i have decided to paint it all over again.

I Tawt I Taw A Puddy Tat

Comment

Originally posted by Seminole
                        Maybe because they don't believe that there is anything in Islam that prohibits depictions of the prophet. It is not a universally accepted law as there have been depictions of the prophet for centuries in Islamic art and literature.

The same Islamic law that would prohibit depictions of the prophet also forbids pictures of any person or even animals. And that obviously is not followed universally. So some think that giving Muhammed special exemptions may actually be a form a worship since those same special rules don't apply to everyone.
                        Seminole, it was not just a depiction of Muhammad...there have been plent in the history....this was not done for historical purposes...it was done to "mock" and show that he/she is a "freedom lover".

Comment

Originally posted by underthedome
                          So you have a problem with an image of Muhammad yet throwing rocks at pillars that represent the devil is okay. Rock on.
                          Yes, I also have problem with people rocking back and forth infront of a wall........ go ahead bob on

Comment

I guess I don't know of the depiction you are speaking of, I thought you were talking in general a depiction.

Comment

For some reason it all reminds me of verse 2:10 in Quran.

Comment

Working...
                              X