These past two days at school...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These past two days at school...

Yesterday during class there were a few kids talking about the whole Danish cartoon issue. I heard one of them saying that the Muslims were "making such a big deal over a damn cartoon". I went over and told him that it wasn't just a political cartoon; it was a RELIGIOUS cartoon that depicted a completely incorrect message and was very offensive. He went on saying that Muslims are all really just a bunch of terrorists and they try hiding it. I told him that he shouldn't be ignorant of the belief of a faith just by basing it off of the stories that he gets from the media. He got even more angry and started saying some really mean stuff about my family, Prophet Muhammad(sws), and Islam altogether. I almost cried, kasme.

I finally figured I'd just ignore it. There's no use trying to enlighten the narrow-minded. The strange thing is, we used to get along just fine. I mean we weren't like "good friends" or anything, but we talked every now and then...

Today at school, he came up and apologized. He said some of the other guys talked some sense into him and told him that he was being a real jerk the day before. He said he didn't really mean all that he said. I forgave him.

We're pals now.

Pagal Kaafir ka Bacha

Re: These past two days at school...

awww phatma

i go through same stuff

Comment

Originally posted by phatima1

Pagal Kaafir ka Bacha
      I was pretty serious up to above this line and had thought of a serious reply but when I read it, couldn't resist it
      ...I know that which you do not know. (Quran - 1:30)...... Which then of the bounties of your Lord will you deny?...(Quran - 55:13)...
      Shikra was here.

Comment

goood work Pinky.
        A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?

Comment

EMM - Yea. Especially after 9/11. I know lots of people that suffered much worse than just being cursed at.

Comment

UF - Haha I was actually *this* close to cursing him right back out.

Shikra - I couldn't resist either. I should've screamed that right in his face.

Comment

and being hijaabi or bearded dude is even tougher...have to answer all the questioning eyes...go through customs with suspicious eyes on u...and then thr rumors....

Comment

wow phati, I'm proud of you
                -DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE, SMOKE AND FLY-

Comment

Kasme, I would've slapped him, but then he'd be like "See?! All of these Muslims are violent..blah blah blah!"

Anyways, he didn't really mean it to begin with. He's my pal. =]

Comment

another thing that came to my mind is that why should we give justifications that islam is not a terrorist- religion.
                    aye dil mairay- chal ray - dheeray dheeray ,
                    tu zara sambhal raydheeray dheeray

Comment

because we've had a few major incidents in which people are using Islam to justify their actions.

Comment

i heard they were being abusive of islamic ways.

u talking about cartoon incidents or something else ?
                        aye dil mairay- chal ray - dheeray dheeray ,
                        tu zara sambhal raydheeray dheeray

Comment

I'm talking about Islam's reputation as a whole...and how the media has been protraying it.

That's why we need to give justification that Islam does not support terrorism.

...It's a good thing that the truth is always easier to prove

Comment

im bored............................................. .............................oh yeah,u did good phamtima1
                            Åchi ßachi Çlub- Director of Progressive Elements & The Club

( (R)·:*:·If u cånnot bê thê poêt, bê thê poêm·:*:·(R)

Comment

We can't even depict him gloriously, or with pomp and show. How can we tolerate him being depicted as a terrorist and a bomb?

Phatima you're a bright young girl. Im glad you were so patient in your dealing. We must show them that we're not a violent race of terrorist.

May Allah reward you greatly, and guide us all. Ameen.

Comment

Working...
                              X