Controversial adverts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controversial adverts

I have been searching for controversial adverts on the net but with little luck. I found some but they are way over the top, meaning that they cross the limits of moral values ( i hope u understand what i am trying to say ). I am need of 5 adverts which sparked controversy in media but they don't necessarily have to be prominent.. but they have to be controversial, offensive, cross limits of ethics values etc..

Guys please help me out here .. Thanks .. looking forward to your replies.

P.S. This is for study purpose.

Re: Controversial adverts

have you heard of the Benetton adverts

Google for them, they created controversy when they first came out

around 10 years or so ago
    May your every wish be granted...
    Ancient chinese curse

Comment

we had an Advert by dentonic when i was a li'l kid... they had a monkey in it , i think having monkeys in commericials is pretty controversial..... Let's start a protest.
      I hate both men and women, and am afraid of animals, so basically I am very very lonely.

Comment

^^^ yes

I think the PG tips adverts with the chimps caused issues with animal lovers
        Ancient chinese curse

Comment

^PCG tips....lol.... in that case only p--s wud qualify to be in dat advert.
          I hate both men and women, and am afraid of animals, so basically I am very very lonely.

Comment

And the Tango one where a little orange man come out and slaps a man on both cheeks and the slogan is
            Youve been tango'd

children copied the man and went around slapping each other
            Ancient chinese curse

Comment

oh yea happy slapping... btw lazy daisy, i noticed a small cafe called lazy daisy in Notting hill. Mubarak ho.

Comment

go in there...

you'll get a free coffee and a muffin

just say I sent yer!
                Ancient chinese curse

Comment

Nah can't take the risk,, I have no experience of dish washing.

Comment

Thanks for your replies guys .. I am looking for image adverts not the video adverts so if you know any .. can you please attach them here ?

Thanks

Comment

^Thora sa homework banda khud bee kar laita hai.

Comment

if your form the UK you might have seen the THINK DRIVING campaigns....they are very hard hitting....

the girl who gets knocked over and comes back to life....to do with speeding

the guy in the pub who is encouraged to drink more by his mates and they see a beauitful girl...and he knocks her over........

Comment

Originally posted by hello143
                          Thanks for your replies guys .. I am looking for image adverts not the video adverts so if you know any .. can you please attach them here ?

Thanks
                          they will get deleted na
                          All of us have convinced ourselves that our way is the best way, our logic is the perfect logic and those who do not conform to our thinking must be criticized and steered to the right direction, our direction .............. therefore Gupshup exists.

Comment

benetton ones are poster ones
                            Ancient chinese curse

Comment

Ok guys .. thanks for replying ..

I found some ads but not sure if they can be called controversial. I am attaching them here.

The reason i am doing this all is because i have been given a project to do a research on controversial advertisements and take views of people on them .. I already got 5 people views on these ads but still need 5 more. So i need any 5 people from here to give me their views.

I am attaching 3 ads and some questions on which i need your answers. I hope you guys can help me out here ..

Advert 1

Advert 2

Advert 3

Here the questions:

Q1.
                              Is the advertisement effective enough to convey a message? If yes, what ?
                              Q2.
                              What do you feel looking at the advertisement? Do your emotions reflect any sarcasm, humor or sincerity?
                              Q3.
                              Does the advertisement make you offensive, raising any ethical questions or doubts?
                              Q4.
                              Does the ad stereotype people?
                              Q5.
                              Which group is the advertisement targeting? 1) Children 2) Male 3) Female 4) Adults.
                              Q6.
                              Are you satisfied with the quality of the advertisement?
                              Q7.
                              What conclusion do you draw from the advertisement?

I don't need any detail answers to these just express your view on to point...

Looking forward to your replies .
                              Last edited by hello143; Feb 10, 2006, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X