Sample with ample info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sample with ample info

I was visiting walk-in clinic the other day where this gentleman was arguing with the doctor's assistant not to put his name on the urine sample as it is considered as disrespect...

Would you like your name to be printed on urine or excretion samples?

p.s. This is not to hurt your feelings as Muslim but to ask you a simple question

Re: Sample with ample info

Originally posted by Todd
    I was visiting walk-in clinic the other day where this gentleman was arguing with the doctor's assistant not to put his name on the urine sample as it is considered as disrespect...

p.s. This is not to hurt your feelings as Muslim but to ask you a simple question
    I have no problem with that...It's the container that it's being put on, not the samples itself...
    Focus not on who you are but what you do...
    ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

Comment

^ make sense but what if your name is the combination of your Prophet's (PBUH) name as well as one of the particular name of God?

Comment

Well it's not being put on the sample to degrade the name..but simply for a medical purpose...I'm sure God would understand.
        One of the greatest diseases is to be Nobody to Anybody

Comment

^ make sense but what if your name is the combination of your Prophet's (PBUH) name as well as one of the particular name of God?
          Every Muslim's name either comes from the Quran or some other religious source...Like I said, it's just a container...

What could be more worse than having a Muslim name on someone that subscribes to Penthouse magazine, which is obviously Haram...

However, it would bother me if they were written in Arabic script, because then it's like putting the name's source near a filthy object...

Comment

^ Interesting, so how do they put your name in arabic countries then?
            Last edited by Todd; Jan 31, 2006, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lajawab

However, it would bother me if they were written in Arabic script, because then it's like putting the name's source near a filthy object...

That's an interesting approach.
              Isn't Arabic another language used to communicate in?

Comment

^ Interesting, so how do the put your name in arabic countries then?
                In English...

Comment

so why it is OK in english and not in arabic?

Comment

does Muhammad (in english) or Mohamed (in arabic) have different meaning?

Comment

does Muhammad (in english) or Mohamed (in arabic) have different meaning?
                      Yes...Muhammad in English is just a name...Mohammed in Arabic means the praised one...

Comment

Yes...Muhammad in English is just a name...Mohammed in Arabic means the praised one...
                        What about in Turkish, which now uses latin instead of arabic script? (I think in Turkish it is written "Mohamet")
                        Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
                        Al-Ghazali

Comment

LJ thats the funniest thing I ever read. Please elaborate cos I generally expect rational stuff from you. Allah written in arabic or english has different meanings too? How about lajawab?

Comment

Ok i think I understand what u r saying. Since Muhammed is not an English word or name it has no meaning in the English language, whereas in arabic it carries a meaning. But in my opinion that still doesn;t minify the sanctity of the name because if u were going to look for its meaning, yes u may have to go to Arabic but the meaning stays the same.

Comment

as for the original question, I think the guy was overly sensitive. As long as they r ur own samples and being used for identification I don;t see why anyone should have a problem. what exactly did he have in mind? put his address on it? his social security on it? his picture? Ajeeb loag.

Comment

Working...
                              X