Waste of money on world quest cards.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waste of money on world quest cards.

I am trying to talk to my parents on worldquest card. It does not connect, gives an engaged sound, no ring, and they keep deducting money for every failed attempt of mine. I ended up talking from my friend's house.

this is called "Rip Off" or "Choona lagana"!!
    now u r it learning the hard way - ehh!! http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smile.gif

Comment

There really ought to be some sort of accountiblity for these companies. I mean if you get a card, better use it within a day or so because it amy not work later and the company would have disappeared too.

I have used cards that were supposedly 30 mins but died after 20, upon inquiry they just claimed that the rates had changed, and that they had noted it on the card that the rates may change without notification.

what a ripoff.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

This may help some folks here...

There's a service called www.dialpad.com . You can use this service to call any US phone number via their web site for FREE. Folks in pakistan are using it like crazy. Connection maynot be good at times, but heck, for free!

Comment

ghalib

tu nay MBA zaroor kar liya hai (congrats btw) magar rahay ga engineer ka engineer.

abay...yahan say pakistan/india phone karnay ki baat kar raha thay hum, not the other way around..

...aa jatay hain purdue say uth karr.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

cards from Bayline communications are good guyz...decent rates and i haven't had a problem so far trying to connect using it...but there are 2 different cards offered by this company, one is for extensive talkin in a call, the other one for frequent calls...i alwayz forget which is which...maximizer and somethin else...check it out sometime http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smile.gif

Comment

Maybe I will try this Bayline things. Thanks Ghalib, but my destination is in India, not US. But u r right, if I get computer for my parents that can call me using this.

Comment

Folks:

if the you folks in Pakistan (or India, ZZ) have computer and Internet access, which by the way is very cheap in Pakistan (or India, ZZ) nowadays, then they can call you instead and talk for hours. A one hour connection costs around 50 or so Rupees or about $1. So, you can talk for an hour for a buck (take that you 10-10 companies).

So if I were you, I would hook up my folks over there with a computer and a connection and talk for hours and hours. If you already call alot, then you will most likely recover the cost of the "hook-up" within a year. Then, the rest is like free time.

As for fraudiya, just ignore him. His jaali MBA from a local village madarssah shows up everytime he talks about $$$.

[This message has been edited by ghalib (edited June 13, 2000).]

Comment

Oye its not jaali. I hand made the diploma myself http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smile.gif

Comment

and that dialpad is a friggin pain in the neck. How many people in pakistan just dont realize the time difference and call you at 3 a.m. and start with

"aur kya ho raha hai"

kya ho raha hai? abaaaay, i am trying to sleep so I can be fresh when I go to work toorrow...what de heck..

btw ghalib http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smile.gif you sure it was purdue and not perdue http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smile.gif

Comment

my ckickuun comes from devon not perdue...

Speaking of names, you sure it wasn't some temple in philly... with some durvaish

Comment

it was Temple, but I was the only dervaish there.

Comment

This dialpad thing has proved to be really pain in the neck for me. Not only that I used to get calls at 4:00am, I used to get calls every day, sometimes twice a day.

Recently, I have been out quite frequently so they got answering machine most of the time so now it has cooled down.

Comment

Roman:

Yaar.. my in-laws call for about 2 to 3 hours....a couple of times during the week..

I am not complaining though. It lightens up my phone bill..

Comment

Come on ghalib admit it, you are not complaining cause you don't have any say on your in-laws

Comment

Working...
                              X