This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P.I.A handling luggage

Recently, my aunt's luggage was lost on her way over here from Pakistan. Pakistan International Airlines was fully responsible to keep her luggage safe, however now, b/c of them we have to delay a very important wedding b/c most of the dresses and things were in the missing bag. Nobody is helping us like they should and my aunt's blood pressure is at a high, I am asking if anyone knows how to make this process go faster, and I am also warning people that riding on P.I.A is taking a risk

hi! to all pakis
    sabrine
    PIA is one the worlds best airlines that is why it's net turn over can be compared with any american or middle eastern airnline including TWA , PAN AM and emirates etc and what happened with you is just a chance that can happen on any airline we lost our bag with heaps of travel cheques on twa due to wrong information provied by the crew member and that was never re coverd and this is just lack of loyalty to your country that you have blamed pia in whites just because the marriage was delayed

Comment

As shezi has said, this type of incident has happened with the best airlines. My luggage was lost by British Airways.
      Perhaps adding to the frustration is the now delayed, wedding function. My heart goes out to those that were waiting on clothing etc. but please let's not pick on our own . . . .this happens everywhere with everyone.
      If you can tell me what city you are dealing with PIA in, I may be of some help.

Comment

The previous two posts are taking a defensive stance.

The fact of the matter is that PIA is one of the worst airlines you can have the misfortune of flying with. If we don't recognise a problem when one exists we have no hope of improving.

They need to learn the meaning of the word customer service.

Baggages can and do get lost though rarely. Any other airline will compensate you so that you can purchase alternative clothes in time for the wedding.

Let us know how the wedding goes.

Farouq Taj.

Comment

SABRINA i also wish you to have all the fun on the marriage .

But from taj's reply the situation is a bit different i have got nothing to do with pia belive me except that it's that airline of my country that is it but the facts are facts the customer dealing taj is talking about has got nothing to do with pia he is refering to the air port staff so pls keep that staff seperate from pia in all those years what we (pakis) have learned is to condemn our selves that's all let me give two examples last year
          when i was comming back to pakistan when i boarded on the plane it was excellent but within hours the toilet got blocked in economy class and the place started stinking and people went wild on pia staff belive me a stuart opend the flush which i belive was n't his job and now air line carries plumber on board and afetr a few hours i was jamed again and people started using first class and when crew asked them to stop they started
          swearing and yelling on the staff so let us take it this way those who had paid extra money and got bothered by other paople from economy calss what was their fault and how come it did happen in first calss but twice in second it all depends on people i alway always travel with pia and in economy class and i can tell you many other examples people would have told others about this saying that pia is this pia is that but is it pia responsibvle for that or us even afetr all this is no air hostress or stuart or pilot and espacially that one who opened the flush deserves heaps & heaps of credit let us give them a bit of what they deserve i think it's too long now
          thanx and bye

Comment

Dear Sabrina,
            Only thing good about PIA is Desi Khana n gorgeous stewardesses otherwise it sux though not on domestic sector.

Compring with Uzbek air, Syrian, Airlanka etc. its world's best airline but when compare with L'thansa, S'pore or Thai, PIA walay chanay bechtay hain.
            Losing baggage is nnot always airline's fault though they are responsible sometimes its civil aviation as well. In your case they came to know that you guys are carrying REDHOT UROOOSEE Jorhaa. I'm scared of red I don't know why????
            Kaleem

Comment

Huh? How did I miss this one? Waaaaaaa!
              ....Waaaaaaa Sabrina ji, konsi yaad dayla dee yaar. Guys u know? No? Okay here...
              ... When I was coming here to pardayse, well I like was bringing all my stuff with me. Eg, My Junooni collection, and so many more audios, Albums, Pictures of me being a tooty, chooty toddler, all my wondrfull outfits, logon kay saron pay marnay walay saray joothay-.. waaaaa!.... The list goes on for ever, n ever.
              YeP! I lost 'em on the way while travelling the British airways. Better not next time though http://www.pak.org/gupshup/frown.gif But oh well It was fun cuz then every one was giving away khayrath to me later on (just like they dump some thing in those value villages etc) How Pathetic! http://www.pak.org/gupshup/frown.gif Just kidding But then again http://www.pak.org/gupshup/frown.gif

Comment

i guess your airline reflects your nation overall.it is no more different than rest of the departments over there.Police, Customs, Judiciary ,ETC nothing is working the way it should . so why to blame only PIA. we r all like that as a nation . Take it easy .,and dont compare our great nation with others, please.

Comment

Dear friends,

In relation to what you people have been talking about, I would only say that in PIA there are major improvements to be done. Not all of the stuff can be blamed on the airline staff, but surely they are responsible for our well-being while we fly with them. Sure! our people need to be more tolerant and understanding, and often it is that all our
                  ghussa wagheraa ends up being associated with the airline although it started off when we commenced our journey, you know jee ; airport yah teh visa wakhaao , nahin jee nahin etc.

However, every time I travel, I do travel with PIA cuz that is one of the ways that we can support the country (especially at moments like these when Economic strenghtening is a vital need), and every time there is hope of a better journey. I won't say that all my experiences with PIA were bitter. Yaar, time peh bhi chal partee hai, kabhi kabhi!

Comment

Oooops.....better late then never. Ok me here tooo.
                    You knowww guyz PIA is not the best airline in the world but its certainly not the worst either.We lost our luggage while we were travelling by Emirates ! But whew they found it and sent it back. PIA sure does need improvements though.I wish my luck to our so-called government in providing all they can to make it better for us. Huge responsibility eh? Still can do something about it ..."if we have our heart in our dream , no request is too extreme."
                    Acha to hum chaltay hainnn )
                    bu byee
                    saria

Comment

While coming from Jeddah in PIA, I lost one small carton (containing some gifts for children). I had lost my hopes to get it back but after 20 days, I received a call from PIA saying that they have found the carton and I can come and pick it up.
                      It was really a shocking news for everyone of us. But you must remember this saying that "BAD ACHHAA BADNAAM BURA".

Regards.

Comment

hi!

and pia is the badnaam one i guess

take care dude

Comment

Keeping my intellectuality aside Mr Azim(as if I've got any) here's a message
                          "They says, all is the well is that is ending also wel is" chill
                          Enterprise oute

Comment

Enterprise oute

Comment

Enterprise oute

Comment

Working...
                              X