Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C++

Salam;

Any one know of any Ansi/Iso (US) standard C++ book that's easy to follow for topics like Arrays, Pointers, Classes, Structures, OO concepts, polymorphism and Inheritance. I am looking for a book with more examples and exercises.
    your comments will be appreciated.
    (I am using Visual C++ 6.0 compiler)

Any one with comp. engr. degree. I have some major related questions, would you please help me out by posting ur email here.

Thanks,
    W

starting Visual C++ with out any knowledge of C++ is the worst Idea in the history of bad ideas (I can n't remember the name of this movie http://www.pak.org/gupshup/biggrin.gif) any way I am serious now . First of all you are putting yourself in hot water by doing that . User some normal C++ complier like turbo or gnu that comes for free with linux and learn simple C++ first .
    for the biggners there is nothing like
    1)walter and sawitch
    2)or sam's teach your self C++ in 21 days (although it is underrated by many professors)
    once you r familiar with the basics
    3) C++ premier is a must to buy for rest of your life .

That is for normal C++ ,VC provides many facilities but it's important that you understand their correct usage . No doubt that VC++ is a top class tool for windows development .
    for VC++ i would suggest
    4) The dragon book
    5) The blue book
    for advance level it is must to buy
    6) Microsoft Visual C++ (it's a 7 volume edition that gives you in depth knowledge about MFC's )

let me know if you require any more info

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by shezi:
      [B]starting Visual C++ with out any knowledge of C++ is the worst Idea in the history of bad ideas
      for the biggners there is nothing like
      1)walter and sawitch

I have completed Walter Sawitch's book "Problem Solving with the Object of programming"

I am looking for a book that offer more programing problems and more coding strategies.

Comment

I think you left my reply in the middle of it.
        All you need to do is to open up your eyes and mind ofcourse and go through my reply again

------------------
        For those who like this sort of thing, this is the sort of thing they like.

Comment

Working...
        X