PAKISTAN'S IMAGE AROUND THE WORLD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAKISTAN'S IMAGE AROUND THE WORLD

We have bee debating over the issues how to improve Pakistan, internally. How about Pakistan's image internationally? I assume all of us are out of Pakistan. How these debates over issues of dividing Punjab and encouraging dating in our society will help us in future when we are in Pakistan, only time will tell.
    Have we thought about Pakistan's image internationally? It is not only non-muslim world but some part of the muslim world don;t seem to comprehend the idea of creation of Pakistan. In one of my classes on "Leadership and Leadership Theory" we were given assignment to write about one of favorite Leader, of course I went for Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah. There was a Jordanian student in my class he objected over the issue that Mr. Jinnah is alone responsible for the deaths of thousands of Muslims when mascare occured on the eve of partition. I did what I could to save the Image and justify the creation of Pakistan and Quaid-e-Azam's achievements.
    There is a book "Breaking the Curfew" written by an English writer, this book is banned in Pakistan, and rightfully so. This book just put doubts and shows the bad side of Pakistan very bodly. According to the writer Pakistan is the only country where people love the country and are ready to give their lives over it but don't seem to do anything when it come practically doing something for it.

The question is should not we try to Improve the Image of Pakistan rather than fighting among ourselves? Should it not be feasible that we drop all of our differences and discuss the issues and provide the knowledge to each other instead of challanging each other.

I have given two examples, not asked any religious orethnic question, any suggestion or personal experience? Workable sugeestions please.
    Allah Hafiz

Mohsan
    Though I may not agree on a lot of things with you (or anyone else for that matter) I do not have any doubt about your sincerity. However I am going to present my point of view.
    The word image is defined as " a reflection of reality, something that relates to or shows something real, something that exist. When you look in the mirror you see your image and that image is exactly what you look like in reality. let me tell you a little joke.
    I know a person who has this habit of criticizing everything from the door mate to the Bath room when that person goes to someone's home. So one day the person came to visit me and after using rest room says " Gosh your bath room mirror is horrible " and my answer was " its your face, don't blame the mirror "
    The point is the image is what actually the object is. I am sure you never saw Santa Clause while looking your face in the mirror
    The best way to change the image or improve it will be to change the real objet. There is no use trying to make grandma look like a " Doshiza " with make up (grandma in general NOT your grandma)

Like some poet says
    Haqeekat chope nahi sakhthee banawat kai ossolo say
    ki khusbo Aa nahi sakhthee kaghaz ki phoolo say

i.e the facts can not be hidden by fakeness as the artificial flowers don't smell
    like real ones.

Now cheer up Please

Sincerely
    J.M.Khan

[This message has been edited by J M Khan.]

Comment

Khan Sahib:
      Both examples are to the point(not offended by any). This bring us back to our question how to fix this problem. As we have already agreed on EDUCATION. Let us figure out some factual data and some channel to communicate with educational bureaucracy of Pakistan to bring about some changes in the system and pray to Allah to help us and save Pakistan. AAmeen
      Allah Hafiz

Comment

Mr Mohsan,
        The fact that the book you mentioned is banned in Pakistan should be cause for concern.Political censorship are signs of a corrupt and backward people.

Comment

Mr Resistance I did not started this debate to ask opinions about the book or the reasons why that book is banned. As I mentioned earlier DO WE HAVE ANY PRATICAL SOLUTION. Better education for new generation came into mind, and I am asking everybody the channel to improve the education system of Pakistan. So please stop criticisizing and start giving solution, use brain.
          Allah Hafiz

Comment

Mohsan
            About your questions on education in Pakistan, how to improve it etc. Well let me tell ya a true story. There is a small town in Pakhtunkhwa that has a school. My oldest uncle attended that school when the sub-continent was still ruled by British. Strangley enoug during the British rule that school had a few room and and also some furniture. Recently my uncle went to Pakistan and visited the school that he attended as a child. He was shocked to see the children sitting under a tree ( Ever heard of a tree being used as a class-room..? ) and even the teacher DID NOT have a chair to set on. Isn't it strange that the same school during the British rule had a chair for the teacher and some what furniture for the students..? That makes you wonder what was the use of creating Pakistan.. Its only serving the richs. And keeping the Tree Class room in mind..Do you see any logic behind building a motorway..??? I don't ..the only logic I see is that the Schools with Tree Class rooms happened to be in Pakhtunkhwa while the Motorway heppened to be build in Punjab.
            Thats how much important education is to the illitrate rulers of Pakistan. To be honest, it looks totally hopeless unless Allah intervenes directly and terminates the corrupt politicians , all of them.
            By the way if you are wondering what did my uncle did for the school he attended as a child, well YES he did bought some furniture for the school. At least now every teacher has a chair and some students have desks. Also he gathered all the local people for a meeting and formed a commitee to collect money for the school. Thats how he spent his one month vacation in Pakistan.

Comment

Khan Sahib:
              I have seen those tree schools in Punjab also. Not far from the city but behind the Services Hospital of Lahore, where there are all kind of colleges are around. But this does not justify everything and anything. Saying that Punjab has also these schools is not a solution this is DOOB MARNAY KA MUKAM HAI. I still do not understand the reason to build that Motorway, while there are other roads need attention and are not far away from the new. As I know this Motorway is only between Lahore and Islamabad, wow that Ganja Prime Minister is just providing facilities to himself and his Hawaries. I remember that you mentioned about the industries promised to Pukhtonkhwa were transfered to Punjab, believe me those industries were only aloted to Sharif family. They bought all the land asked Zia to declare that land industrial area and then created excuses to transfer the industry. Even though I am from Punjab but I am Pakistani first.
              What your uncle did can't be appreciated in words. Only Allah can repay him, and I am praying to Allah that gives us that kind of jazba to do so.
              Allah Hafaz

Comment

Resistance,

According to your definition of 'corruptness'
                and backwardness, the whole world would
                be calssified as corrupt and backward. So what is your point?? Even the most liberal, democratic countries have banned obnoxious, anti-government literature. So why pick on Pakistan?? Get real Resistance. Your anti-Pakistani propaganda is not going to work.

So long.

Antidote

Comment

Why is criticism so difficult to take?
                  It is no mystery that censorship imposes boundaries on the human mind thereby inhibitting growth and potential to explore the unknown . . .

Yes, it occurs in all parts of the world. Yes, almost all nations can be termed "corrupt" by one or more definition of the word.

As dedicated Pakistani nationals our concern should be focused primarilty on betterment of our own country. Let's not rationalize our ails by comparing ourselves to other societies. Let's learn to accept the criticism and take the next step towards improvement rather than justification.

Comment

Aslam u Alaikum
                    Thank you Munza for reminding everybody why I started this thread. We need ppl like JM Khan's uncle, who are doing some practicle or if not then atleast suggest how to get better. Let's use this thread for suggestions for the improvement of the eduction department. Thanx.
                    Allah Hafiz

Comment

Lack of constructive ideas for changing the Pakistani situation has been a problem all along. Too many people have analyzed
                      the Pakistani problem too many times, but no solutions have been forthcoming. Isn't it time we all stopped talking and started acting??

Antidote

Comment

Working...
                      X