Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My philosophy class

Hi Friends,

In my philosophy class we were discussing diff topic... one of them...what is it thatís common in all of us human beings?...as always discussion got heavy... cauz...if one of us (philosopher?) said we all want happiness...then other said...what do you mean by happiness? What is happiness?...I donít want happiness...is killing other people is happiness for you? cauz...to me thatís the real happiness...so anything you say others will contradict you...so, we couldnít find whatís common in us. Finally, I decided to open my mouth http://www.pak.org/gupshup/tongue.gif in this highly intellectual debate...hereís what I had to say:
    -- We all like to wear cloths when we are in class room...donít you guys think thatís common in all of us?...big laugh...everyone kinda looked at each other...waiting some1 to deny that but thx god no one did http://www.pak.org/gupshup/redface.gif
    -- Other common thing we have is all of us in our lifetime at least once live in foolís paradise Öright? http://www.pak.org/gupshup/tongue.gif Well, class was ok with my second thought too.

Well, in the class I came up with these two ideas so...we can get out of the class early...but after class I was thinking...I took this class so I can get an easy ďAĒ and the class will be fun...but my brain cells gets more unwanted exercise in this class, I am spending more time on this class than my assembly language class...okay if you are thinking whatís my point?...in all of this I donít have any point http://www.pak.org/gupshup/confused.gif just had to take this out of my thoughts so...you guys can think about this and I can stop thinking about this stupid philosophy class http://www.pak.org/gupshup/biggrin.gif

Hmmmmmm Philosophy is interesting but i took it once and i got into HUGE argument with my professor about LAUGHING in class and never had the chance or will to take it again...yup it was crictical thinking and logic.

Jaawan

------------------
    Till next time***Keep_It_Simple_Stupid***©

Comment

Jaawan,

yup it is much interesting than I expected...and it's sometime hard not to laugh in this class...like, when some1 says to instructor:"When I read book at home everythin make so much sense but when I come into class and when we start discussing the same topic...it gets confusing and feels like all the philosophers are jumbo dumbos..."...LOL

Comment

The most basic thing that we all have in common is That we ARE....We exist...
        Second is the Primary "will to be..."
        Third is the awareness of life...

Comment

I have een thinkin about this ALOT

and I have come up with something that we all have in commone,

tell me if anyone agrees or disagrees okay??

WELL

We all have the desire to procreate, wether we know abot this desire or not

am I right or not??

please tell me

Comment

Nova...I couldn't agree with you on all of the three points you have mantioned...but that's not the point as soon you say them in the class I am sure some1 will say I don't exist...I am an alien or I don't know who am I...or I don't wanna be anybody...etc,etc. so, I think I am about to makeup my mind on this that we are all different and that's just great ...nothin wrong with that at all...oh, while I am typing this I think I know what is common in all of us ... that--> We are all different http://www.pak.org/gupshup/confused.gif

Baby Doll... I think purpose of my post has serve well ...cauz...I didn't wanna think abt this at all ...and you've been thinkin lot

and I disagree with you on idea of "procreate" ... cauz If I destroy somethin would you call me procreator or destroyer?

[This message has been edited by Samir (edited May 05, 2000).]

Comment

I meant more on the lines of THAT 3 letter word beginning with s and ending with x.

Every one whetther you admit it or not has the desire to have it.
              RIGHT!!! or am I WRONG?????????

OhI know another reason, WE All have in common the need to differntiate from every one/ others.

THAT HAS TO BE IT

We have in common to percieve things in different ways

YESS I KNOW YOU CANT DISAGREE NOW, SAMIR

or can you???????

I am 99 percent sure I got it

I feel soo intellegent now

ne ways PLEASE TELLME DO YOU AGREE OR NOT NOW HUH TOUGHT GUY

LOL

Comment

OOOOOOOPSyyyyyy

I didnt read your above comment Samir the one you addressed to nova, until after i wrote what I did before this one, damn do I feel dumb, SO i did get it right, We are all different, that is what we have in common, and it only took me 3 days

sorry for the confusion I feel kinda dumb now, as opposed to being smart

Comment

Samir,
                  I dont know if we are more different then alike...but we can rephrase your line as...we all look at teh differences more then similarities...or ....We all have the need to be different....

Comment

Nova - That was very insightful.
                    We may not be different in that we all seek happiness but we approach it in different ways & means and, thus appear different; and,
                    we are so busy pursuing it that we lose connection with one another and ourselves; and,
                    we forget that it takes very little to be happy;
                    and,
                    the happy man is not he who seems thus to others, but who seems thus to himself;
                    and,
                    Never forget- there is only one blasphemy, and that is the refusal to experience happiness!

Comment

Well, why not go for something simpler? how about we all breath, for example? Hey you can always prove act of breathing both scientifically and cognitively.

Now don't tell me question included dead humans too.

Comment

Baby Doll,

oh ... that 3 words...see I wasn't thinking abt them otherwise I would have known...I don't know abt every1 has desire abt that or not cauz...not every1 admits they do so...?

Quote:
                        "YESS I KNOW YOU CANT DISAGREE NOW, SAMIR

or can you???????

I am 99 percent sure I got it

I feel soo intellegent now

ne ways PLEASE TELLME DO YOU AGREE OR NOT NOW HUH TOUGHT GUY

LOL"

--------> Yes...LOL,LOL,LOL..he he he..Tough Guy ...who's that?...I don't know any tough guy around here...newaz, I think the hole thing is mess...now we are on topics like "When fetus turns in to baby?, Is abortion morally right?, right & wrongs of producing genetically engineered babies?,etc." well, we all have different feelings/thoughts on these topics but in the break or after class we are all friends again...so I guess I can say as a human being we need other human being so we can fight/make love/argue/debate, etc.etc. in one time or the other time in our life...and that's reality of life...& that's the common in all of I guess

Quote:
                        "sorry for the confusion I feel kinda dumb now, as opposed to being smart"

-------->BTDT nobigdeal

Comment

Nova,

Quote:
                          "Samir,
                          I dont know if we are more different then alike...but we can rephrase your line as...we all look at teh differences more then similarities...or ....We all have the need to be different...."

-----> what u r sayin make sense to me but if that is the case then that's what we've become and that's who we are ... that's why more ppl in this world are with diff thoughts/goals (like peace, unity, HR rights of others, etc.) than same thoughts/goals... http://www.pak.org/gupshup/confused.gif

Adbulmalick,

Thanks for posting...

Roman,

some1 did come up with what u said but...than there were others who said...that doesn't count cauz...that's not in our control if we had control over that we'd be chargin for air too

Comment

Ok OK I get your point
                            LOL

but I really figured it out in the last post I made

RIGHT??

and STOP Twisting my words to support your side of the argument

Comment

Working...
                            X