Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I notice something.....

As-salam-o-alikum

After being on GupShup for 4 weeks, I have noticed that some Gupies are not so cool. My biggest concern is that, although most of us are originally from same country but we do not have Itefaq... pata nahi humara kiya banay gaa. Guppies are ready to contradict each other. Most ppl are just not ready to accept their fault.

What will happen if you admit "it is my fault"

jis qoom ma itefaq na ho woh ziyada ursa taak survive naheen ker sakti.

Instead of pointing our fingers to each other, we should work towards the well being of our country.

In all my 4 yrs of stay in USA. I missed pakistan and its ppl a lot. After experiencing ppl's attitude here on Gupshup, Now I think I am not a pakistani ... or I am not from that part of land (what ever you call it)

we do not think critically ... just want to argue and try to win our point at any cost....(jazbati haan buhut) That's why we have been in loss since our presence.

Yes, wasim, you are right. Sometimes I get caught up in the debate and lose sight of my humanity. I am at fault. Zara

Comment

http://www.pak.org/gupshup/frown.gif Sad but true.

Comment

True, True...

Comment

ya ya i agree with Sti 22b..

dil..dilsee..dil to akhir dil hai na

Comment

Totally agree with you!!!!

Comment

I still think that we can agree on many things. Lets just agree on one thing, make that as our benchmark and proceed ahead. Goal Formulation is very important, take one issue at a time and put our full effort in it, we might be able to help Pakistan.
              Looking forward for input....

------------------
              Take One Thing At A Time And We Will Solve It.

Comment

Wasim, being "cool" and being like minded are two different things. I can have a different opinion about an issue and can still be cool. As a matter of fact, the purpose of this forum is to present your point of view (which could be different than mine).

I agree though that the way most people handle, the difference of opinion coming from the other side, is definitely not cool.

Mini-me, that is very nice of you to believe that one can make a difference and help pakistan by typing few words and posting them at a bulletin board. We don't even use our real names when we are expressing our opinions. It takes more courage to get up and help your country than to stop hiding behind a fake name. Are we ready to take that challange? What do you think?
                The prince who is otherwise known as TLK

Comment

Wasim,

Could you pls tell us how we may help Pakistan?
                  Creating awareness to its problems is one way - which we do on regular basis!

Pls name other ways?

Comment

Argument and Diasagreement is a way to learn and understand. the "Bher Chaal" of everyone agreeing is also known as group think which takes all individuality and unique perspectives away.

Arguments only mean that people who are passionate about their views and beliefs are strongly promoting them. Now hopefully this is done in a civilized manner and with supporting facts. Many times it is not.
                    Wasim you mentioned that after being in US for 4 years you dont feel Pakistani..

well for someone who only lived in Pakistan for two years, I feel 100% Pakistani, and many others feel the same way too.

I would rather be in a group that knows how to argue and would diagree than a group that agrees with everything others in the group say...cuz..a clique like that is not offering anything intellectually.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

What can i say..its human nature...

Jaawan

------------------
                      Till next time***Keep_It_Simple_Stupid***

Comment

Originally posted by Adbulmalick:
                        Wasim,

Could you pls tell us how we may help Pakistan?
                        Creating awareness to its problems is one way - which we do on regular basis!

Pls name other ways?
                        Creating awareness about what? only negative aspects of life. Most of Gupies or other pak.org visitors already know about paki culture. We are not adding anything positive.

If somebody who is not familiar with our culture visits Gupshup .... his impression is gona be so bad .... NOT about Pakistan (they already know) but about Gupies.. and the way they handle problems.

Comment

Originally posted by zaraatif:
                          Yes, wasim, you are right. Sometimes I get caught up in the debate and lose sight of my humanity. I am at fault. Zara
                          Zara pher aap jazbati ho rahi haan .. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Fraudz:
                            Argument and Diasagreement is a way to learn and understand. the "Bher Chaal" of everyone agreeing is also known as group think which takes all individuality and unique perspectives away.

Arguments only mean that people who are passionate about their views and beliefs are strongly promoting them. Now hopefully this is done in a civilized manner and with supporting facts. Many times it is not.

I would rather be in a group that knows how to argue
                            This is a message board. Not a "Kabadi place" . Argumenting is fine but when you present your point, you should be addressing it in a nice way rather than downplaying on the person, you disagree with.

Comment

wasim

u just echoed my words back at me as I had stated that this disagreement is handled sometimes in the right manner and sometimes not.

to argue does not mean that its a shouting match. its simply putting your ideas forth and supporting them.

Its indeed a shame that some people are unable to do that, but I have noticed that many people are like that at first and as they become regulars they improve their approach to these discussions.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X