Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idea!! input needed

Okay so I had another idea.
    The idea is to have a design competition among our members for a gupshup bumper sticker or T-shirt. Then we can have the one with the winning design printed and up for sale.
    All profit from this will go to Edhi foundation.

This should prove to be fun and we can support a good cause doing it.

We can have logos, statements, etc etc and even ideas for products. should they be stickers, postcards, t-shirts, ya know.

so what do u say?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Hellow http://www.pak.org/gupshup/french.gif

Kami Bhai, wonderful idia http://www.pak.org/gupshup/biggrin.gif http://www.pak.org/gupshup/biggrin.gif http://www.pak.org/gupshup/biggrin.gif

It is showing great respect for humanity, by Mr Fradia,
    Keep on, I gonna join you next week, this is exam week http://www.pak.org/gupshup/frown.gif

May Allah reward you for this great cause.. aamin

Ata...
    aur -- Tum ...
    Gari aur bivi aisi honi chahyay kay banda saath khara ho to apni lagay

Comment

Fraudia yar. It is an excellent idea. I will surely be buying a few shirts.

Comment

T-shirts, postcards, bumper stickers?

what would you use.
        Personally I am not a huge bumpersticker fan, but many people are.

T-shirts can be good, but would be more expensive to make, ship etc and would have size issues. I have done it before for various fund raisers and the pain in the rear is guessing how many med, small, large, and XL sizes to get.

We can also do something like setting up a booth at APPNA (which is too close to really be able to do it) where you have people sign-up and prepay and we send them the shirt later. If its a catchy design people will buy it.

Anyways, I am going off in all directions..my thoughts always had been to get in touch with like minded pakistanis who can look beyond language and sect and religion and do something productive together.

Other ideas that came to my mind were establishing a joint scholarship to aid some kids back in pak go to school etc etc.

I dunno, I think we have a critical mass here of regulars and a host of new people that we can pool our resources for some good.

Hahah and just so all are reassured, if we do work on something like that, Fraudz will not be doing the finances

i dunno, we can even kill the tshirt and bumper stickers idea..but the goal here is to somehow do something however small it could be to make some sort of a positive contribution.

Haha I have not even asked Azkar and TOPP bigshots about this yet I guess if we have popular support here they will agree.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

this is a neat idea. Fraudia, can you work on the logistics? Or, better yet, lets first come up with the milestones for this project.

First one is, as you mentioned, the design part.

Azkar

Comment

I can manage screenprinting and all on my end, if you have resources in Houston I can arrange for it to get done anywhere and shipped to Houston. Thsi way we can use Pak.org acct, unless we want to open a separate account for charity purposes and thus have that separate from usual operating budget and all for easy recordkeeping etc.

Before we get designs, we need to agree on the product/products etc as well because the size of the object will dictate the design as well.

products could be

-t-shirts
            -polo shirts
            -stickers
            -post cards

pretty much anything we want, could be watches, frisbees...we made pretty much everything for my fraternity back in the days.

so what products will people like, what could help promote as well?

If I had a t-shirt, its a t-shirt..great, if i have a post card with a logo or something on front, and a description of what we are trying to do on the back with a url where people can go and order post cards, we can get more people than just guppies contributing to this effort.

We can use original pictures and art from guppies or buy images from some photographer in Pakistan or use stock stuff like quaid e azam's pic or map of pakistan etc.

the whole idea is in a raw form right now. we can talk about it and do it right.

anyways, are there others here who have been involved in fundraisers or printing stuff for teams or clubs?

all help and advice is welcome'

Comment

I think that's a great idea. Anything anyone can come up with for a positive contribution should always be welcomed. I think we should all put our heads together and see what we come up with. And then take it on from there a step further. What do you all think?

Comment

I think that the post card idea is pretty good. If they were printed out in bulk, then it wouldn't be so expensive. Cuz we did it once back in high school, and I think on the back we can print the cause of this work. Anyone..what do you think?

Comment

getting the message out to more people is what makes post cards so good for this sort of activity.

we can have shirts made as well atleast for members and if there is interest we can use those for fund raising as well.

It would be great if we can get this thing up and going and present a contribution to edhi foundation around 14th august or soon afterwards.

Comment

Fraudz... i think its an incredible idea.. Well Isna is also coming up.. Its in september insh'Allah. I think that can possibly also be a good opportunity for things like that. Well whatever u guys decide to do, i got u'r back.

Comment

Idea is great!

But how do we know that money goes to Edhi ? After all, you are the one using fraudia as ur id. hmmmmmm ??? hmmm? hmm ??

Comment

How do we know that the money you make from this IDEA of yours will go to some charity org. and not to someones pocket..after this is a DESI KHAAAATA.

HARooN

------------------

[This message has been edited by HARooNoHARooN (edited April 26, 2000).]

Comment

Originally posted by garam_masale:
                          Idea is great!

But how do we know that money goes to Edhi ? After all, you are the one using fraudia as ur id. hmmmmmm ??? hmmm? hmm ??
                          And that my dear lad is exactly the reason that I have already stated that I dont want to handle the finances.

Comment

Originally posted by HARooNoHARooN:
                            How do we know that the money you make from this IDEA of yours will go to some charity org. and not to someones pocket..after this is a DESI KHAAAATA.

HARooN

Very simple. There are numerous ways to do it.

#1- Get an auditor to sit with a danda and go through the records.

#2- Make an arrangement with Edhi that We create the cards and show them the costs etc.
                            any orders go directly to them and they send it out themselves and all that we get paid is our cost of production which we would document. I guess they may have more credibility in your eyes than us which is understandable. Or they can do the whole shabang, we can create designs and they can have them printed and all we will do is publicize it on our website and through word of mouth etc.

#3- Establish a separate account for this purpose. only money that will be taken out would be for production and shipment costs which are fairly easy to calculate because they relate directly to the amount of inventory at hand and would need to be documented.

The whole question is how hard do we want to make it for ourselves. Nothing is 100% secure and I guess that is something we will have to judge on an individual basis.

Comment

oki dokes so maybe we are not ready to take on a venture as such for a fund raiser.

how about designing our own bumper stickers and t-shirts or poloshirts etc for our own use.

howz dat?

sab ko saamp soongh gaya hai

Comment

Working...
                              X