Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I want to resign!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Dear All,

I need youre help.....I shall be resigning from my job in a few weeks time, does anyone have any good one liners/tips to break the news gently to them.

"kiya kahoun keh nah kahon yeh kaisi mushkil haiiiiii"

Allah-Hafiz

Noshi

------------------
    "Don't mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life."

I can't come up with any gentle suggestions.If I were you,I'ld walk up to my manager,look firmly in his eyes and tell him the reason why I am leaving, with a smile. Just speak my mind!

Good luck

Comment

I Quit!

------------------
      Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing all my life!

Comment

Write a resignation letter...

http://www.pak.org/gupshup/gizzy.gif Gizzy

Comment

Outlaw, So you suggest that I break the news with a SMILE? I don't think the smile part would go down well.... umm speaking my mind would be " Youre job stinks and I'll be glad to be out of this depressing place".

Gizzy, hmm youre advice is cool I'll take a day off and post my resignation letter. when I arrive back to work I won't have to say anything lol. Magar I prefer telling it to them face to face

Humsa, "I Quit" now get off my back yeh baat teek hai what do I say after that?

Magar kuch soochna parre ga, thks for the advice peeps.

Noshi

------------------
          "Don't mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life."

Comment

Noshi:

Is this a job with professional commitment or is it a part time gig for you. If its a part time gig, then a polite notice of.. say two-week or one-week notice may suffice verbally.

But if you're talking about a professional job and you don;t want to burn your bridges, then a well thought out resignation letter should be used. If you need to look at some sample letters, then let me know. I can send you a copy the resignation letters I have used in the past.

Comment

Well notice period depends upon your contract (In UK its usually four weeks). If u are leaving this job for another job then just simply tell them that you have found a new job and u are leaving for the quest of more knowledge in a different enviornment. If u are leaving job because U are leaving the country then say good bye and it was nice working with them and them them u are leaving the country. If u are getting married and your husband wants you to quit the job then u can say ... that because of the forthcoming martial responsibilities u are unable to continue your job etc etc.

Comment

Well last week I found out that guys who were previously employed in my postion throughout the years have been resigning seeking for pastures new. Which makes it even more harder, as they keep on metioning that I won't be like them, and they have managed to employ someone for good at last ufff little do they know.

Ghalib, this is a full-time postion at a major CRO (clinical reasearch org)so i'll really have to think my speech out carefully in order to get a good reference from them aswell. I have written resignation before also magar it would help comparing them, I would appreciate if you could post them here.

Najim, in the UK a 4 weeks notice is suffient I've been there for 4 Months. Well my main reason for leaving is that I am going to Pak for a few months and when I come back I intend to enroll in full-time education as I'm stuying part-time to which my company are aware of.

Right I'm going to come straight out and tell them the truth and say I'm leaving for a positive career enhancement and for that I shall have to study full time....(my lecturer is offering me to do a BSc/MSc in 2 years (due to my experience) instead of 4 in computer science aur shart yeh hai keh full-time parna what do you all think????

Thanks a Bunch people for your input I've got two weeks till I drop the bomb.

Noshi

------------------

Comment

Say to yer boss
                  u can keep yer ****in job in yer ass

------------------
                  Trust me, You'll get pain.

Comment

my lecturer is offering me to do a BSc/MSc in 2 years (due to my experience) instead of 4 in computer science aur shart yeh hai keh full-time parna what do you all think????

hmmm very interesting, Noshi ji you have got a reasonable point... chalo apki abhee saa chuti ...!!!

I am amazed that you can complete BSc/MSc in 2yrs... No way! In USA it ain't possible at a competitive university.

Best of luck and dua from me....
                    have fun in PAK... I miss pak too much ...

Comment

Working...
                    X