Desis in the Media...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desis in the Media...

Always highly interesting to watch, especially it's a long drawn-out court case. It's not uncommon here in SA, but the Shabir Shaik trial which has finally come to an end after 8 months, drew a lot of attention, especially since he was the Vice President's financial advisor and had corrupt relations with him, for which he is now being convicted and sentenced. I'm not familiar with juridical proceedings, but it was disconcerting that despite the fact that each allegation concerned the VP Jacob Zuma, the man himself never appeared in court in 8 months. The media is speculating that he will either resign or be fired. Anyhow, this is another twist to politicians in the media, as well as Muslims, which still have a strong political and social standing in South Africa.

It's a pity that Nelson Mandela's financial advisor Ismail Ayob (also Muslim), is also being taken to court by Mandela for using selling his name.

Why oh why do people get so greedy for money?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4597381.stm

(Shabir flanked by his ghunda-like brothers Mo and Chippy)
    A samurai bares no sign of weakness, even when dying of hunger.

Re: Desis in the Media...

I have heard of Shabir Shaik, Joey Battafucco and Ismail Ayob, but who is this Nelson Mandela guy?

Comment

I've heard of all 4 except Joey Batta-what?

Madhanee Uncle, I posted this to educate Americans about life outside of Wonderland.

Comment

Originally posted by Madhanee
        I have heard of Shabir Shaik, Joey Battafucco and Ismail Ayob, but who is this Nelson Mandela guy?
        Last time he was covered by the news, he said that the United States is the biggest threat to world peace...

Since then, I have not heard nor read about him...
        Focus not on who you are but what you do...
        ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

Comment

Cattie and Lajo. I was just kidding. I have heard of him. Ask me a question.

Comment

Indeed tis a lot of fun… here in Canada, we’re enjoying the harebrained Grewal / Kalia / Dosanjh affair… yes… 3 desis are the talk of the town and its becoming a brown person ignominy.

The Conservative MP Gurmant Grewal had made public recordings which he claims prove the Liberals offered him and his wife prestigious postings in exchange for crossing the floor of the commons and voting with the Liberals in last month's confidence vote which the Liberals won by the slimmest possible margin - 1 vote!

Now forensic audio analysts say the tapes were doctored!

On top of all this, stupid Mr. Grewal is also being embroiled in a stupid incident where he asked a passenger at Vancouver Airport to deliver a package to Ottawa. Kanjoos desis! use fedex
            For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

ha... I know what fedex is.

Comment

Originally posted by cat-woman
                I've heard of all 4 except Joey Batta-what?

Madhanee Uncle, I posted this to educate Americans about life outside of Wonderland.
                you are such an Amy Fisish not to have heard about joey.

Comment

Originally posted by Umar Talib
                  On top of all this, stupid Mr. Grewal is also being embroiled in a stupid incident where he asked a passenger at Vancouver Airport to deliver a package to Ottawa. Kanjoos desis! use fedex
                  lol! The epitome of a desi stereotype!

Comment

We need to get over ourselves as a race, really. The only peopel worse than us are darker than us and even they are getting out of that memememe kinda mentality
                    rubber band rubber band rubber band rubber band rubber band

Comment

Not really, Monday's Africa summit was all about them them them.

Comment

I dont believe you, proove it.

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4606197.stm

This has nothing to do with the topic.

Comment

Originally posted by cat-woman
                            http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4606197.stm

This has nothing to do with the topic.

its still not proof but ok , ill let you off.

Comment

Originally posted by hiccup
                              We need to get over ourselves as a race, really. The only peopel worse than us are darker than us and even they are getting out of that memememe kinda mentality
                              it's more of a we-phenomenon, nothing wrong with it and contrary to your points above, most ethnic communities, be it Desi, Chinese or Black... all engage in exclusive self-discourse.
                              For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

Working...
                              X