Lest We Forget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lest We Forget

I was just thinking that everytime a disaster of some sort hits mankind, its all over the media, everyone talks about it- but they forget all about it, sooner than later.

Of course I dont think people should dwell on depressing issues, but I think they should not forget that it is important that we remember.

So we go back to the Tsunami - and remember that those people still need a lot of help.

Lest we forget
    "Today in heaven they opened up a new chest dedicated to charity. It's name ?"

Re: Lest We Forget

For anyone that's interested - Habitat for Humanity is doing some projects to construct homes and hospitals there. Great stuff for the die-hard pre-med, nursing students, dentistry students, humanitarians, public health-kind.

Also, there are some organizations that are looking for people to come and teach English, since a lot of the kids haven't been in school for months. I dont know how legit those organizations are though.

In a few more months, you'll be seeing a number of reconstruction projects spring up - for those of you who wanted to physically go there and volunteer.
    I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

Re: Lest We Forget

They should put a sad background music on when this thread opens...

Comment

Working...
      X