Is this racism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this racism?

I'm watching some local newscast and they were talking about the spelling bee contest this evening - the caucasian white woman anchor says "well, all the qualified contestants in the final are either Indian ....or atleast Asians!"....

sure enough they were all Indians....I think there were a couple of Chinese and atleast one African American......how can she say they're all Indians! is that racist or what!

Re: Is this racism?

If you think that is racist...you would think this is racist

"pakistanis can't spell" example "looser": means loser on gupshup.
    Now repeat after me...."Jeter is the prophet and Rivera is the savior"

Comment

ah! you learn something everyday....they can't? must be something like the injuns and facial haRE

Comment

can Indians spell N-E-R-D? and im pretty sure they can spell V-I-R-G-I-N..
        Adopt me Angelina.

Comment

^haha

This spelling bee thing is soooo in these days. In most desi parties, kids talk about who won the spelling bee in there school and then in the district. I suck in spellings, so it is annoying to be around these kids. Thank God I have a few in my family who are in the high school football team! It is always fun to be around them.
          I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
          - Robert McCloskey

Comment

The desi gatherings I been to lately have been all about who is on what chapter of Quran and who knows what surah by heart. I was amazed!
            hum paii yeh kis nay harra rung dalla

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis
              I'm watching some local newscast and they were talking about the spelling bee contest this evening - the caucasian white woman anchor says "well, all the qualified contestants in the final are either Indian ....or atleast Asians!"....

sure enough they were all Indians....I think there were a couple of Chinese and atleast one African American......how can she say they're all Indians! is that racist or what!
              I don't think anyone can be more racist than a Caucasian white woman...
              Focus not on who you are but what you do...
              ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

Comment

^ read caucasian backward..asian-cauc...fitting
                Adopt me Angelina.

Comment

ah! you learn something everyday....they can't? must be something like the injuns and facial haRE
                  they can spell betrayal instead of "betrayel"
                  see the title of this thread
                  http://www.paklinks.com/gs/showthread.php?t=182864
                  no its not a typo please refer to post #182
                  I'll tell you guys what betrayel is - the act of a man who worked the crowds systematically to break his own MOTHERland up for personal gains - that is betrayel
                  http://www.paklinks.com/gs/showthrea...&page=19&pp=10
                  now thats what i call "gujju" english
                  before pin-pointing at pakistanis try to correct ur english ....nobody is perfect buddy
                  Oh, everything's too damned expensive these days. This Bible cost 15 bucks! And talk about a preachy book! Everybody's a sinner! Except this guy.

Comment

homer, I'll make sure I refer Carl and Bob to you when they come around to do my biography....you really keep track of these things?

let me improve your life a bit - take flight, check into Mirage or Bellagio, slip 50 bucks to the guy who is dressed like musharaf. He will get you a visit by a couple of fun loving gals - go down to the tables with them, let the cash flow and you will forget all your spelling blues.

Comment

lol atlantis bacha itni buri tarah se jal gayi aapki ........so this is what u fantasize about while working in the call center everyday....i suggest that stop suffering from this complex, go to the bathroom, use lifeboy and quickly relieve urself and think about those fun-loving girls while doing so
                      Last edited by homer_j_simpson; Jun 3, 2005, 10:23 PM.
                      Oh, everything's too damned expensive these days. This Bible cost 15 bucks! And talk about a preachy book! Everybody's a sinner! Except this guy.

Comment

Nah Its ok, don't worry so much. Spelling is the only thing that gives them upper hand when it comes to finding clerical jobs, especially in western countries where they donít wanna be like Afghani/Pakistani hard working taxi drivers. They are just lazy indians.

Comment

I watched a bit of the bee...

Gosh..those kids so smart...

Many asked root of words...

Asked for sentence..

Asked if there were varying meanings...varying pronouciations..

Those kids in the bee...

Definately wowwed me.

Comment

r we talking about the same contest which a indian kid anurag won and scopped £14, 000 pounds in + some brittanica goodies? anyhow i don't think that's racism it's more like a cry of misery or jealousy for that women, not having many white kids dominating the proceedings. rather immature and uncalled for.

Comment

ouch bechara Indians... They are good people, but in terms of coolness factor they are wayy negative...

Comment

Working...
                              X