Abstinence? Did I Miss the Boat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abstinence? Did I Miss the Boat?

Chatting with a friend today I found out that all schools (or so she claims) are no longer teaching the sex ed they were teaching when I went to school. That is no more info on condoms, and other birth control methods. They only teach abstinence.

The idea is that if you teach them about sex, how to do it, etc, then kids are more likely to engage in it.

But the negative side is that the ones who are engaging in it are not aware how to protect themselves, so pregnancies among those who are having sex are on a rise.

Regardless of whether pregnancies are on the rise or not, since when did the Bush administration switch all the schools to abstinence-teaching methods.

Well, let me rephrase that. I was told that Bush's administration is withdrawing federal funding from schools that decide to talk about condoms. The ones who go the way of abstinence are given funding...

Did I miss the boat here? Man, I've been living under a rock.
    I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Re: Abstinence? Did I Miss the Boat?

i didnt quite understand how you missed the boat. could you elaborate a bit on it?
    Simple ain't easy.

Comment

matlab ke I didn't know that the rules had changed. I missed the new fashion boat where abstinence is in, and condoms are out.
      I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

http://www.paklinks.com/gs/showthrea...ght=abstinence

Comment

[size=2].[/size]

Comment

UTD, Blah blah blah
            Weather forecast for tonight: dark.

Comment

im sure if clinton would have still been around, he would have proposed oral sex to reduce teen pregnancies.
              Adopt me Angelina.

Comment

Read Stupid White Men by Michael Moore and you will find where all that is coming from. It is funny as well.

You did not miss the boat. You were just not on the passenger list.

Comment

Its been around for ages, stupid load of ****. They aren't teaching kids birth control but rather abstinence

Stupid retarded backwards christian fanatics.
                  rubber band rubber band rubber band rubber band rubber band

Comment

subhan-allah. Good news brothers and sisters. long live the king of america.
                    hamein to apno ne loota gheron mein kahan dam tha....mera scooter wajja wahaan jahaaN rashh kamm tha......

Comment

Originally posted by PyariCgudia
                      Chatting with a friend today I found out that all schools (or so she claims) are no longer teaching the sex ed they were teaching when I went to school. That is no more info on condoms, and other birth control methods. They only teach abstinence.

The idea is that if you teach them about sex, how to do it, etc, then kids are more likely to engage in it.

But the negative side is that the ones who are engaging in it are not aware how to protect themselves, so pregnancies among those who are having sex are on a rise.

Regardless of whether pregnancies are on the rise or not, since when did the Bush administration switch all the schools to abstinence-teaching methods.

Well, let me rephrase that. I was told that Bush's administration is withdrawing federal funding from schools that decide to talk about condoms. The ones who go the way of abstinence are given funding...

Did I miss the boat here? Man, I've been living under a rock.
                      Really I wish I went to High School in USA. Do they have hands on exercise.
                      Can you Hear me Now!! Good

Comment

Originally posted by Verizon
                        Really I wish I went to High School in USA. Do they have hands on exercise.

halloe: they teach you how NOT to do it, thus the abstinance
                        rubber band rubber band rubber band rubber band rubber band

Comment

PCG, don't worry, there is plenty of time for abstinence after you are married!
                          Boycott Venezuelas State owned Citgo.

Buy Royal Dutch Shell gasoline!

Comment

A sensible step indeed

a fella told me that he had his first sex with a class mate right after the sex ed class at school and IN the school itself cz the "education" left him and other students too bothered to keep control.

Originally posted by PyariCgudia
                            That is no more info on condoms, and other birth control methods. They only teach abstinence.
                            Wonder this time where she's gone,wonder if she's gone to stay
                            Ain't no sunshine when she's gone,and this house just ain't no home
                            anytime she goes away.

Comment

PCG, only the men who abstain miss the boat, the girls usually miss a paddle (unless they have other preference).

Comment

Working...
                              X