Memento mori: remember you must die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memento mori: remember you must die

...for a second I thought I had read something intelligent in World Affairs (yes it was shocking)..

Sheikh Madhanee replying to Ak47 said
    Only the lowest of the low will wish death upon someone.
    That struck me as very true..to wish death on someone seems very wrong..in the end we all die at some point..some of us while desperately trying to hold on to life and others silently accepting our fates. So who are we to wish that on someone?

To hate and kill is very easy but to give, forgive and protect life is very hard. So I am curious, is it ok to wish death on someone? After what point do you have to cross in life when you say you hate someone (sometimes someone you don't even know) to the level you wish them to die?

p.s: Sheikh Madhanee never one to miss an opportunity to be both profound and inconsistent at the same time added at the end
    I wish that all haters of non-muslims in Pakistan die dogís death.
    How can a man die better than facing fearful odds for the ashes of his fathers and the Temple of his Gods?

Re: Memento mori: remember you must die

Zakk, you are dead man! I mean Khalas, Finito, Khatam Shud!

What I said (about people dying dogís death) I stand by it. Because I didnít wish death upon any particular thug or Mullah or Terrorist (I wouldnít even wish death on Osama). My comments were a general death wish for terrorists who go and kill people, and those who hate people because of their faith. I didnt wish death to any particular terrorist by name. I want everyone to have his/her day in the court.

What AK47.3 was saying, was wishing death upon King Fahd Ė the keeper of Hermain Sharfeen. I donít like King Fahd either, but I am not going to wish him death.

I hope I have made myself clear.

Comment

Sheikh Saab ... and once again very nicely said.. (minus the killing me part ..obviously) but at what point does wanting someone dead (non terrorist..maybe a criminal or someone who has caused much personal grief) become understandable if not forgivable?
      How can a man die better than facing fearful odds for the ashes of his fathers and the Temple of his Gods?

Comment

Zaak, in my book, it is never understandable. I subscribe to Jesus school of forgiveness. It is natural to say things in heat of the moment, but wishing death to anyone is not a nice thing. Moreover, wishing death has not killed any one. It only makes the wisher look bad.

Comment

^I don't disagree with that view, but where in the Quran does Jesus teach us that?

Comment

Seminole, It is said that he cured the blind. I donít think he fixed their eyes, but he made them see.

Jesus saves.

Comment

He raised the dead as well, didn't he? He obviously didn't want to see them dead.

Comment

Precisely.

Comment

But in the end, death would be such a relief.......

Comment

only the lowest of the lowest of the low (Muslims) will wish eternal life for a fellow Muslim...

sometimes we Muslims get emotional and pinpoint the ones we want dead from amongst us....only so that they'll troubles might end in this world...nothing personal.Really.

these Khojless ppl really interpret it all wrong,

malang ghuLail
                    pathar ki zaban

Single. Of. Singles.

Comment

Zakk of all the people who you could have picked to write a thread about - you chose madhanee.
                      "Today in heaven they opened up a new chest dedicated to charity. It's name ?"

Comment

^ MQ sheikh saab you must admit said some intelligent stuff in this thread..

Comment

Working...
                        X