Internet Argument Leaves 2 Dead, 2 Injured

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chances of this happening here on GS, in political forums? Rare eh?

Arguments on Internet message boards are nothing new, and often are a central component. But in San Diego, California an argument turned deadly on 25 May 2005, resulting in two murders, and two other attempted homicides.

We've always had a lot of arguments and disputes on this board, but nothing like this, and I really don't think anyone saw it coming," said Radley Pingay, administrator of pirate969.org, in an email response.

"Bruce was always a little hostile, but so many people are like that online, it's hard to tell what's real and what's just shenanigans." Bruce is not only the username of the suspect in the double homicide, but is also his first name.

The online argument started in a thread (link) discussing a local band promoter. Bruce Pastuer, now wanted on two counts of homicide and two counts of assault with a deadly weapon, was one of the participants in the discussion.

Apparently two other board members and Pastuer exchanged insults, at which point Pastuer drove to the home of the two victims at approximately 3:00PM, and shot them both with a borrowed 12 gauge shotgun. The police have not recovered the weapon, and the names of the two victims have not been released pending notification of their relatives.

In the course of the shooting, two neighbors came to investigate, and Pastuer reportedly fired at them as well. His location is unknown, and anyone with information is requested to contact the San Diego Police Department (link).
    I am only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Re: Internet Argument Leaves 2 Dead, 2 Injured

woah..
    i dont think GS members have so much time on their hands to actually travel that much just to kill some one. atleast i hope not.
    maybe i shud change my nick.. to be safe from frikkin arabs here..
    - I swear to drunk I am not God :-/

Comment

im glad i live so far...
      happy happy happy... happy happy happy

Comment

^ I'm not.

I hope nobody on GS is that psychotic. Then again, boredom can lead people to extreme measures here. Hopefully it'll never turn truly violent.
        Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Comment

It's all a joke.....

Comment

Hmm I remember a similar case that happened in Pak some 6ish years back..this guy had been banned from a Pak chat site, in retaliation he set the mods car on fire ( I am sure there is a warning in this story for the mods of PA, WA and rlgn somewhere)
            How can a man die better than facing fearful odds for the ashes of his fathers and the Temple of his Gods?

Comment

Be afraid
              rubber band rubber band rubber band rubber band rubber band

Comment

mehnaz: ppl kill other ppl when they are bored? *shudders*
                zak: that freaky..

this is scary stuff :-/
                - I swear to drunk I am not God :-/

Comment

LOL. Zakk lets find out what kinda cars/tongas/rickshaws the mods of PA/WA and Rel drive.

Sabb idher haazri lagao
                  I am only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Comment

Originally posted by MehnazQ
                    ^ I'm not.

I hope nobody on GS is that psychotic. Then again, boredom can lead people to extreme measures here. Hopefully it'll never turn truly violent.
                    awwww i wanna go to canada again

Comment

Originally posted by 5Abi
                      LOL. Zakk lets find out what kinda cars/tongas/rickshaws the mods of PA/WA and Rel drive.

Sabb idher haazri lagao
                      Realistically a tonga would be the easiest ( I am assuming 5abi, we would let the horse/donkey go?), the Rickshaw I am not so sure is worth the effort, the driver would probably end up with enough damage from all those shakes as it is..(how they manage to mod and drive a rickshaw is beyond me)

For the rest of them, we'll have to split up..Euro ones I'll deal with North America is yours (luckily catwoman is not a PA or WA mod..finding someone for Africa would have been a real pain!)..now all we need is the help of someone in Pakistan.....
                      How can a man die better than facing fearful odds for the ashes of his fathers and the Temple of his Gods?

Comment

Zakk ,, this does'nt surprise me at all. I remember when I was in high school a couple of guys (they were from rival crews 1 viet the other chinese) got in a fight on ICQ - it was the MSN of those days. Well it was'nt all that surprising that the chinese guy got misteriously stabbed to death 2 days later.... and that was like '98, the internet was'nt even all that big then.
                        It seems that a lot of people say things on the computer they would never say in real life.

Comment

I think only one person ever threatened to slash my throat here once. But then again...he is very religious and therefore inherently stupid.
                          Now repeat after me...."Jeter is the prophet and Rivera is the savior"

Comment

^yeap we had a similar thing like that amongst a few pakistani teens back in hmm i guess it was 2001... not stabbing and stuff but i know peopel got into fist fights...

Comment

LAMERS...

It is a lame joke... the link posted is not of BBC site but the page designed exactly to look like bbc site... people have so much free time to do all this lame stuff.
                              I told you duniya gol hay...

Comment

Working...
                              X