Islam: The religion of Peace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Islam: The religion of Peace

Please donot move this thread to Religion section, because I dont want the boring Hadiths and tafsirs( and the fights over did he say, no he did not, he did too). This is a general question.

With all the killings, rapes, murders, beheadings, burnings and angry mobs etc etc. I want to know where exactly does the peace in Islam kick in. I know about a few hundred years ago there might have been peace for a few minutes but thats about it. So while Muslims (people that follow Islam) talk the talk, can they walk the walk?

Are we (Muslims collectively all sects combined) ready to tackle the pressing issues or are we still gonna blame our ills to the Boo-boo doll (Israel, Jews and US)?
    Can you Hear me Now!! Good

Re: Islam: The religion of Peace

and you'v opened this thread for the sake of peace? yeh
    Mill ke sab matam-e-shabbir karo..

Comment

There you go instead of opining and giving us ideas on how to better the image of muslims and the plight they live in, you come right at me. Lovely and which sect do we belong into or just a generic Muslim?

Comment

Muslims arent invading any land, theyre not terrorising civilians.
        Muslims are the ones who are being killed in their own countries and terrorized by americans and their allies.

Comment

ahem, muslims "are not terrorizing civilians"????

then what do call slamming passenjer airliners into skyscrapers? blowing up busloads of innocents? i could go on but you get the idea....

you're trying to say that Muslims are all peaceful people, minding their own business, never harming innocents and that just wont fly.

I could point out the difference between civilian casualties in a war zone and civilian casualties caused by hijacked jets but really, any innocent loss of life is tragic.

this is all off-topic though.....

Comment

Veri,

your first line.. Boring Hadith? Im sorry - isnt Hadith the things our prophet left for us? you calling that boring is exactly the kind of american behaviour... that gets muslims backs up. when they retaliate - everyone seems surprised and disgusted..

muslims ARE peace loving people.. shart yeh hai ke koi sukoon se jeenay bhi de.

Comment

Originally posted by Verizon
              There you go instead of opining and giving us ideas on how to better the image of muslims and the plight they live in, you come right at me. Lovely and which sect do we belong into or just a generic Muslim?
              Alhumdulillah im a shia muslim.. and to better the image of muslims.. one must at least use some terms of respect when one is talking about their own religion.

Comment

well i dunno how ingrained you are within the muslim society to be passing comments like that, but from what i see, there are many positive changes with the muslim micro-society. Within most communities (including mine), shia-sunni differences are being minimised and brought together under one platform. The extreme and narrow minded are being slowly isolated. An many people and aalims are working together in educating and addressing the practical needs of the common people.

Maybe these changes have existed before an i was unaware or even indifferent to them, but you look around and you see people who are making a difference. Such people exist everywhere, so to carry on highlighting the negative stuff happening half way across the world, whilst ignoring the positive is imo more detrimental than good. I seriously suggest you look at the bigger picture; if you check the % of people that are peaceful and compared to the % that cause uneccessary trouble, an am sure you'll get a better perspective.

I cud zone into all americans and wonder whether they even know the meaning of peace and freedom, but then you tend to look at the bigger picture and think nah, its only the 51% that are retards. Theres still hope. So try an look at the glass half full mate, not half empty. The peace is always there, you just manage to paint a pretty bleak picture every bloody time.
                O He whose Name is a Remedy, whose remembrance is a Cure, and whose obedience is Wealth!

Have mercy upon him whose capital is hope and whose weapon is tears!

Comment

Originally posted by Mem Sahib
                  Veri,

your first line.. Boring Hadith? Im sorry - isnt Hadith the things our prophet left for us? you calling that boring is exactly the kind of american behaviour... that gets muslims backs up. when they retaliate - everyone seems surprised and disgusted..

muslims ARE peace loving people.. shart yeh hai ke koi sukoon se jeenay bhi de.
                  Care to back it up. I dont want hadith or ottomon empire, pick an example from 1940-2005. Now they be peace loving people, but their actions dont match up with their wishes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma Mooli
                    well i dunno how ingrained you are within the muslim society to be passing comments like that, but from what i see, there are many positive changes with the muslim micro-society. Within most communities (including mine), shia-sunni differences are being minimised and brought together under one platform. The extreme and narrow minded are being slowly isolated. An many people and aalims are working together in educating and addressing the practical needs of the common people.

Maybe these changes have existed before an i was unaware or even indifferent to them, but you look around and you see people who are making a difference. Such people exist everywhere, so to carry on highlighting the negative stuff happening half way across the world, whilst ignoring the positive is imo more detrimental than good. I seriously suggest you look at the bigger picture; if you check the % of people that are peaceful and compared to the % that cause uneccessary trouble, an am sure you'll get a better perspective.

I cud zone into all americans and wonder whether they even know the meaning of peace and freedom, but then you tend to look at the bigger picture and think nah, its only the 51% that are retards. Theres still hope. So try an look at the glass half full mate, not half empty. The peace is always there, you just manage to paint a pretty bleak picture every bloody time.
                    Thank you that is the type of response I was looking for, so there is action being taken.
                    I think the same people that are leading the way in trying to better the image of Islam, should also lead the way in condemning violence (the moment it happens caused by muslims). More like a spokesperson. What is better, a muslim woman coming out and addressing media condemning violence and pushing the respective authorities of the country where the violence happened.
                    P.S Information like this (what you mentioned about bringing communities together should be posted as well).

Comment

^ Trouble is that you are looking at all muslims as terrorists and if a handful of them are engaging in unacceptable activities you tend to paint all muslims with the same brush. If that is the case than should we judge all Americans by the high standards they have shown in dealing with prisoners in Iraq or Guantanamo bay or enjoying the massacre of innocent civilians under the guise of "shock and awe" beamed live to their living rooms. Every society, religion or culture have bad apples, if muslims have them and they certainly do, than so do Christians, jews and others. Don't try and project that all muslims are the same.

Comment

^Issue is not that others have problems as well, focus should be on our own problems and we should address them, now but be the right time, IMHO.

Comment

^ you do already...while americans condemn and prosecute those assholes, you tend to find justifications for why such actions by muslims are a.o.k. Just look at this website. You have educated people, talking about 7th century governance paradigms as the panacea for their ills.

Newsflash: there is no difference between the hamas', lakshars and the *******s who blew up people in mosques in pakistan. It is the same mentality, like it is the same mentality and depravity of human spirit that runs within the minds of sihtheads like England and others who humiliate and murder people while in custody.

We are also talking about codes of conduct. The US army has a code of conduct that all must abide by. What is the code of conduct of someone who blows up kids at the pizza parlor? Where does hamas get its ethics for doing such acts from? Is not religion a big part of their mandate? Unless they went secular recently and now have jewish and chinese members with training embedded with those traditions. I think not.

Furthermore, the visions of virgins and chants of martydom and calling everyone shaheed is what is wrong . It invokes and wrongly places God into acts that are well..ungodly. The resulting hush and deference to religious thuggery is the disgusting outcome of this.
                          Now repeat after me...."Jeter is the prophet and Rivera is the savior"

Comment

^ Out of billions of muslims how many go around doing things which you are pointing. So stop generalising.

Comment

Ehsan,

I dont think Verizon meant to imply that all Muslims are terrorists, rather that they are too quiet about terrorism that is done by people who call themselves Muslims. There should be louder condemnation of these acts by the Muslim community. In the US, many (not all) Muslims keep to themselves in their own little communities and this perpetuates much of the mistrust that the average american may have against Muslims. Media has been at fault in the past...broadcasting video of girl's college in Islamabad where the girls were celebrating the fall of the trade center. There has been some progress since then, many good news programs on the REAL Islaam and some but not enough footage of Muslims condemning terrorism.

Comment

Working...
                              X