Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subhan Allah for Guruji

My Guruji sent me a note that reads:

>>>Allow not your body to be a confinement for your spirit and soul. Make it a temple for them. The body is with us and we are in the body as temporary residents. However transient it may be, it is our portal to experience and enrichment.<<<

Re: Subhan Allah for Guruji

Who is your Guruji?
    "Today in heaven they opened up a new chest dedicated to charity. It's name ?"

Comment

My teacher

Comment

Originally posted by Madhanee
        My Guruji sent me a note that reads:

>>>Allow not your body to be a confinement for your spirit and soul. Make it a temple for them. The body is with us and we are in the body as temporary residents. However transient it may be, it is our portal to experience and enrichment.<<<
        This thread is too hot to handle to be in this forum, I am certain it will meet its death in S&P. But for starters may I ask a stupid question, what is the difference between spirit and soul? I hear on you on the portal to experience and enrichment.
        Can you Hear me Now!! Good

Comment

Beautiful thought indeed Madhanee... one of the primary dichotomies stressed in Hinduism between aatma and shareer.

Originally posted by Verizon
          But for starters may I ask a stupid question, what is the difference between spirit and soul?
          pardon moi geekiness yet again, but I'm reminded of this classic verse from the Torah:

"Therefore I will not refrain my mouth - I will speak in the anguish of my spirit - I will complain in the bitterness of my soul"

(can't remember the reference - will look it up later)

IMO, spirit is the more immaterial facet out of the two - its a vertical view of the world... symbolizing one's relationship with God, whereas the soul is a horizontal view of the world and includes primarily, one's propensity towards good and evil.
          For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

soul is the subtle body, same as physical body but without decay factor
            spirit is the spark of God, what is mentioned in the Bible as 'holy spirit'

Comment

Originally posted by Madhanee
              What does it mean in layman's terms?
              Focus not on who you are but what you do...
              ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

Comment

Originally posted by Umar Talib
                Beautiful thought indeed Madhanee... one of the primary dichotomies stressed in Hinduism between aatma and shareer.

pardon moi geekiness yet again, but I'm reminded of this classic verse from the Torah:

"Therefore I will not refrain my mouth - I will speak in the anguish of my spirit - I will complain in the bitterness of my soul"

(can't remember the reference - will look it up later)

IMO, spirit is the more immaterial facet out of the two - its a vertical view of the world... symbolizing one's relationship with God, whereas the soul is a horizontal view of the world and includes primarily, one's propensity towards good and evil.
                holy crap dude. This isn't the uni. You don't have to lecture us here. Professor is a professor no matter where they are.

Comment

madhanee: Guru jihna de Tappnay, Chelay jaan chhaRhapp.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlanta
                    holy crap dude. This isn't the uni. You don't have to lecture us here. Professor is a professor no matter where they are.
                    like they say... "aadat se majboor!"
                    For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

Working...
                    X