Hypothetical questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hypothetical questions

You think if Hussain knew beforehand what was going to happen hundreds of year later between sunis and shias, he still would have fought against Yazeed in Karbala?

Would Ali and Ayesha had resorted to peace amongst themselves instead of waging two wars if they could see the future? (Kinda like saying that hey, let's not fight for the sake of our next generation shias and sunis or else they're gonna kill eachother and might set ablaze a KFC or two in the process).

Even if the two wars or the Karbala incident had not happened, were there still going to be roits just 'cause suicide bombing is an in thing these days?

Re: Hypothetical questions

Why bring Husain, Ali or Ayesha? Let's go straight to Muhammad. Would he start a religion like Islam if he knew its followers would be a bunch of crazy lunatics bent on killing each other as well as those outside of their faith.

Comment

This is Gupshup, take a looky in threads around you, you think people really need reasons to argue, biker and self destruct?

The forefathers may have made different decisions in hindsight but the killings and senseless barbarity on all side would still be here - albeit with different camps this time around.
      rubber band rubber band rubber band rubber band rubber band

Comment

Originally posted by SK
        Why bring Husain, Ali or Ayesha? Let's go straight to Muhammad. Would he start a religion like Islam if he knew its followers would be a bunch of crazy lunatics bent on killing each other as well as those outside of their faith.
        Well, I think prophets are exempted 'cause obviously when they are being contacted by Gibraeel, what are they gonna say, 'no, this doesn't sound good. I ain't gonna do it'? So messengers are kinda different than the conveyers. Conveyers carry out the message from the source (messenger) and spread around.

Comment

Dard-e-dil kay wastay paida kia insaan ko
          warna ata'at kay liay kam na thay kirr-o-bayaan

There should be a difference between earth and heaven.
          Rastay kay musafir, beech rah main mil kar yooN apni anjani manzil ki taraf rawaN hojatay haiN, yeh safar yooN beech rah main kabhi khatam nahi hosakta jab donoN ki simt hi juda ho... aur diloN ki raah aik ho...

Comment

persia vs arabia they say it was...some say history flows independent of individuals...i dont know the details..
            pathar ki zaban

Single. Of. Singles.

Comment

True, but the Shia (I think) attribute a high status to Ali, Hussain and all the other Imams. I posed these questions to a Shia friend of mine on AOL IM and he said that when Ali and Hussain were fighting their battles, they were doing God's work and they probably did know what the future would hold, but it doesn't matter, because God's struggle is for all ages, not just the 7th century.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman
                You think if Hussain knew beforehand what was going to happen hundreds of year later between sunis and shias, he still would have fought against Yazeed in Karbala?

Would Ali and Ayesha had resorted to peace amongst themselves instead of waging two wars if they could see the future? (Kinda like saying that hey, let's not fight for the sake of our next generation shias and sunis or else they're gonna kill eachother and might set ablaze a KFC or two in the process).

Even if the two wars or the Karbala incident had not happened, were there still going to be roits just 'cause suicide bombing is an in thing these days?
                They would have converted to Xtianity, or hinduism, anything But!!
                Can you Hear me Now!! Good

Comment

Romeo, it is not Hussian, but Imam Hussian. Show some respect man. If Hazrat Imam Hussian knew what will happen to the followers of Islam, he would have killed the entire opposite side before claiming Shahadah. People like Osama bin Laden and the other Arabs are direct descendents of Yazeed the asshole.

Comment

This does not make any sense whatsoever. Sunis say they are also doing God's work. Are we gonna have to ask God 'bata teri raza kia hai'?

Comment

Not fighting at Karbala would have made no difference. The schism between Sunnis and Shias was well underway by that point because the Muslims were already divided between those who thought Khilfat should go to whoever the Ummah wanted, and those who thought it belonged only amongst the Ahle Bait.

Same deal with the war between Hazrat Ali (ra) and Bibi Ayesha (ra). It had no bearing on the Sunni/Shia split and resulting schism because factions amongst the Muslims had emerged long after that.
                      Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
                      Al-Ghazali

Comment

Right Roman, but those Sunnis don't know the future now do they? According to the Shias (correct me if I'm wrong) Imam Hussain knew that this battle between good and evil (Shia vs. Sunni) was going to happen for all times.

Comment

That's exactly why we should all revert back to Hinduism. Shiaism and Sunism are way to confusing to begin with. Plus, shiaism hurts. Literary.

Comment

LOL @ the Shiasm hurts. I don't know how they can do that with the chains and everything.Roman why follow any religion? Religion is nothing more than a man-made ideology designed to enslave and control others.

Comment

^ u r soooooo free...
                              pathar ki zaban

Single. Of. Singles.

Comment

Working...
                              X