- The Essence of School -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- The Essence of School -

I honestly don't get why us kids are forced to wake up at 6:30 in the morning and straddle our sleepy selves to school, eyes hardly open, just to learn.........absoltely useless information. As I sit here and try to review what we've covered in class throughout the past year, I realize that school has been a complete waste of time and energy for me.

From what I can gather, here's what I have learned throughout the year:

- Physics Class: Towards the end of the year when the weather got warm and the sun shone brightly, we learned how to burn live ants with a magnifying glass onto a frisbee. We got extra credit for burning 5 or more ants before the end of class.

- Gym: We learned just how hard the upperclassmen were able to launch balls at us puny little kids in P.E. class while we went through our Dodgeball unit. They showed no mercy, those big apes.

- Ancient History: I learned the amazing war techniques of the Muslims fighting in the Crusades, as well as hearing the teacher say "King SALADIN", which really pissed me off because it's "SalaaKhudeen". And then we went on to cover the Islam Unit, which I already knew about and scored exceptionally high on the chapter test .

- Math: I sat in Math class and solved those stupid logical puzzles because, apparently, deductive reasoning is used in all types of math, especially Geometry. Towards the end of the year, we moved on to studying the Rubik's Cube and "Where's Waldo" books. (no joke, kasme! )

- Computer: I sat on GS and MSN the entire class every day. ....Oh, wait and I learned how to set up columns on Microsoft Word. Oh joy.

- English: I learned how bad my writing is by reading the derogatory comments my teacher had to make on some of my papers like "Your writing sucks", "Consider plagerism", and other remarks like that. (Ofcourse, when I went up all teary-eyed and asked him why he didn't like it, he just smiled and said he was "joking")

- Art: We drew stick figures and colorful flowers . I realized that I have a hard time coloring within the lines, which was a bit embarassing.

Aah yes. It is these talents and many more that I will need to learn at this age in order to survive in the real world. School is just so crucial.

Re: - The Essence of School -

I thought the king's name is Salah-ud-din Ayubi
    ...I know that which you do not know. (Quran - 1:30)...... Which then of the bounties of your Lord will you deny?...(Quran - 55:13)...
    Shikra was here.

Comment

Yea whatever

Comment

Oh, wait. How could I forget. We learned how to shoot M&Ms through one nostril by holding down the other one and blowing out with a great amount of force in Physics class too. Amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by phatima1
          I honestly don't get why us kids are forced to wake up at 6:30 in the morning and straddle our sleepy selves to school, eyes hardly open, just to learn.........absoltely useless information. As I sit here and try to review what we've covered in class throughout the past year, I realize that school has been a complete waste of time and energy for me.

From what I can gather, here's what I have learned throughout the year:

- Physics Class: Towards the end of the year when the weather got warm and the sun shone brightly, we learned how to burn live ants with a magnifying glass onto a frisbee. We got extra credit for burning 5 or more ants before the end of class.

- Gym: We learned just how hard the upperclassmen were able to launch balls at us puny little kids in P.E. class while we went through our Dodgeball unit. They showed no mercy, those big apes.

- Ancient History: I learned the amazing war techniques of the Muslims fighting in the Crusades, as well as hearing the teacher say "King SALADIN", which really pissed me off because it's "SalaaKhudeen". And then we went on to cover the Islam Unit, which I already knew about and scored exceptionally high on the chapter test .

- Math: I sat in Math class and solved those stupid logical puzzles because, apparently, deductive reasoning is used in all types of math, especially Geometry. Towards the end of the year, we moved on to studying the Rubik's Cube and "Where's Waldo" books. (no joke, kasme! )

- Computer: I sat on GS and MSN the entire class every day. ....Oh, wait and I learned how to set up columns on Microsoft Word. Oh joy.

- English: I learned how bad my writing is by reading the derogatory comments my teacher had to make on some of my papers like "Your writing sucks", "Consider plagerism", and other remarks like that. (Ofcourse, when I went up all teary-eyed and asked him why he didn't like it, he just smiled and said he was "joking")

- Art: We drew stick figures and colorful flowers . I realized that I have a hard time coloring within the lines, which was a bit embarassing.

Aah yes. It is these talents and many more that I will need to learn at this age in order to survive in the real world. School is just so crucial.
          Although all these subjects seem useless to us...they all have a purpose behind them..and teach us things that we can use in life later on....(even if that means indirectly).. i think educations the most important aspect of life
          ~Leader of the Nerd Gang ~
          *Also an important member of the Pink Panther Clan*
          *~*~*~*Thread-napper*~*~*~

Comment

Ahan yea I'll need to know how to kill innocent animals with intense heat someday

Comment

Originally posted by phatima1
              Ahan yea I'll need to know how to kill innocent animals with intense heat someday
              i didnt learn that in school thats horrible
              ~Leader of the Nerd Gang ~
              *Also an important member of the Pink Panther Clan*
              *~*~*~*Thread-napper*~*~*~

Comment

Yea I think my teacher was high.

Comment

^you Americans are wild....killing insects and stuffing M&Ms in ur nose???....im glad I dont live in America
                  ~ the world is out to provoke you,if you get provoked it's your downfall! ~

Comment

Aah, yes, it's quite a great price to pay.....all for the absence of that stupid british accent.

Yea, I find it's quite worth it

Comment

~ the world is out to provoke you,if you get provoked it's your downfall! ~

Comment

first thing come first. you wake 6:30, so u become pratical person.

other than all classes which u think is useless coz those classes are easier for u. take some advance placement classes where u can learn more . they are nt useless classes coz when u go to college what ever classes u take is going to be based on ur high school classes.

yes pink panther u have to learn more things to survive in this world
                        Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change. Kiss slowly, play hard, forgive quickly, take chances, give everything, and have no regrets

Comment

PHAT! Just imagine, if you're lost in the jungle one day, and this big huge giant devil like creature comes to you and says! PROVE Your loyalty to me, !! Burn that ant with this magnifying glass! OR dieeeeeeee!! Muahaha.

See, times like these, you will need to know how to burn an ant. So its not useless.

You never know when you'll need this knowledge.
                          "Lets not dwell into matters which have already been dealt with 1400 years ago. Go read for yourself, and understand it yourself." Sh. Hamza Yusuf

Comment

The british accent is absolutely bloody amazing, at least the way i say it /
                            rubber band rubber band rubber band rubber band rubber band

Comment

Originally posted by insan
                              first thing come first. you wake 6:30, so u become pratical person.

other than all classes which u think is useless coz those classes are easier for u. take some advance placement classes where u can learn more . they are nt useless classes coz when u go to college what ever classes u take is going to be based on ur high school classes.

yes pink panther u have to learn more things to survive in this world
                              Yea I'm in quite a few honors classes actually And yes, I am exaggerating about how we didn't learn ANYTHING. But I did not make up any of these things that we did manage to learn for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

Yep, I'm pretty much all set for the real world, all I need to know is how to work an ak47, and the next generation of children will be all set :soldier:

Comment

Working...
                              X