Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help locating a family in Pakistan

Hello everyone.

I registered on these forums some time ago but this is my first post. I would request anyone who has any idea on how I may locate a Parsi family that my maternal grandfather worked for upto the middle 1950s in Karachi. I have mailed Ardeshir Cowasjee at Dawn but he has not replied and I would like to know if someone could advise me on this. Thanks in advance.

My maternal grandfather, Fakirchand Shah, lived in Karachi where he moved in his 20s from Bombay in the 1920s until he moved to India with his children. My mother and her elder brother and sister were born in Karachi and though my grandfather has been dead for more than twenty years, my grandmother is still alive and talks about the years in Karachi even now. Of particular interest to me are the company that my grandfather worked for, a battery importer called Savak Sha (h?) whom my family remember with extreme respect as he had been very kind to them in the years they were in Pakistan. The company apparently had some major losses during WW II when three shipments from Germany were seized by the British but were in existence in the mid 50s. The gentleman had bought my grandfather a house and my grandfather tried to reach them for years until his death but was completely unable to from India.

My intention is to contact the descendants of the family and thank them - if my grandfather was not able to contact their ancestor, I would like to talk to the descendants.

I hope you could suggest a way of contacting someone who may be able to help.
Working...
X