Ok so......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so......

my niece calls me and asks me is it ok to wear capris (pants that are below ur knees, but a little above your ankles) and she is 10 years old. I thought to myself what should I say. On one hand I don't want her to wear it because she is old enought to understand that she should cover herself, but on the other hand I think she is still in elementary. So ppl tell me if you were in my position if your daughter, niece, little sister, etc asked you the same question what would you say? Keep in mind our family is not modern, more on the conservative side.
    Tere naam humne kiya hai jeevan apna saara sanam
    Pyaar bahut karte hai tumse,
    Ishq hai tu hamaara sanam...

Re: Ok so......

Originally posted by Pyaari83
    my niece calls me and asks me is it ok to wear capris (pants that are below ur knees, but a little above your ankles) and she is 10 years old. I thought to myself what should I say. On one hand I don't want her to wear it because she is old enought to understand that she should cover herself, but on the other hand I think she is still in elementary. So ppl tell me if you were in my position if your daughter, niece, little sister, etc asked you the same question what would you say? Keep in mind our family is not modern, more on the conservative side.
    --------------cvabn--------------------
    imo
    In that case keep it conservative and discourage it - After all it does exists in the westeren culture as well. I mean the dressing modesty & freedom.
    Why shouldn't you impose it in your already conservative household.

As far as the niece is concerned its better to inflict this pain now then be sorry later. In a non conservative settings I would not even give it a second thought.

Conclusion: Uphold your famely values and allow no body to be an exception.

*~*~* Thread-napper*~*~*
    Down loading, Please wait ,,,,,,,Your Thread is being shredded into bits !

Comment

Ya I like your conclusion. I mean being a kid is no exception for being able to wear less clothes cuz your hot. I will just tell her to find alternatives. Thanks. Your opinion helps a lot.

Comment

I would say explain to her why you don't want her to wear it. Tell her she's old and samajhdaari bachi now and shouldn't be wearing clothes that reveal the body because it's not for everyone to see.

I sometimes have discussions with my female friends and they tell me they'll let their daughters wear shorts and all those sorts of revealing clothes until they reach the age of maybe 12-13 because they are just "kids". I disagree because a "kid" will get used to whatever he/she sees/wears since the childhood. If the girl has been wearing shorts and you expect her to fully cover herself all of the sudden, it's not fair to her and she'll simply refuse and won't be able to adopt to these new clothes. So, in my opinion, she should be introduced to decent clothes since the childhood so that she's used to them and all of the sudden shalwar kameez or other Islamic clothes don't become "weird" for her. I am not saying you should do this to babies and infants too, but I am sure you know what I mean.
        ...I know that which you do not know. (Quran - 1:30)...... Which then of the bounties of your Lord will you deny?...(Quran - 55:13)...
        Shikra was here.

Comment

^ Ya I understand what you mean exactly. Actually they have been really good about it. They never wear shorts...not even my youngest niece. I just thought capris were a little diff cuz they cover about 80% of your legs. The only thing is they are a little bit above your ankle. Thats why I was doubting whether I should let her wear them or not. But thanks for your advice....really hepful!

Comment

Working...
          X