Court Marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Court Marriage

Hello ppl... I'm new here and this is my first post..so Hi!

A questions for you smart ppl ...

If you're married in a court...with the gurl and the guy's family present.... with witnesses...but the guy who got you married is NOT a maulvi but is a non-congregational minister...meaning doesn't go by any specific religion.....so basically there's no recitation of verses of Quran..but everything else is the same....would you consider yourself married or a nikah still a necassity?

Please advise.
    Watch what you eat tonight....it might burn your ass tomorrow!

Re: Court Marriage

no..i wouldn't..

ps..Welcome..
    ..Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering.. ~IK~

Comment

i have no idea abt it.. so i can't really say anything..

anyway.. welcome to GS.. have fun

i think moderators should move this topic to religion or something...
      *~*~*~*Thread-napper*~*~*~

Comment

the whole concept of Marriage in Islam is that it must not be in secrecy, So as long as there are witnesses and done with mutual understanding then I don't see need of any "Maulvi" that. Recitation of quran is a bit different as in sub continent we have this concept that it is a must. But Islam itself says that "Nikah" must be announced and must not be kept secret. What about the case when a Muslim is getting married to a girl from other faith (Christian or Jew) Islam do permits that but does it mean that some script of the bible must be recited in that occasion?
        A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr_Khoobsurat

If you're married in a court...with the gurl and the guy's family present.... with witnesses...but the guy who got you married is NOT a maulvi but is a non-congregational minister...meaning doesn't go by any specific religion.....so basically there's no recitation of verses of Quran..but everything else is the same....would you consider yourself married or a nikah still a necassity?

Please advise.
          You have been cheated....re-do the nikaah
          Welcome to the board :biggthumb
          The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts. Russell

Comment

Aweee,, I liked your earleir 'nick' better,,,, Oh well you can't please them all, can you ? :elmo:
            *~*~* Thread-napper*~*~*
            Down loading, Please wait ,,,,,,,Your Thread is being shredded into bits !

Comment

welcome!
              Women want a lot of things frm one man...conversely men want one thing frm a lot of women...

Comment

Hi welcome To GS

No i dont coz he iz not muslim .
                Happiness keeps u Sweet, Trials keep u Strong, Sorrow keeps u Human, Failure Keeps u Humble, Success keeps u Glowing, But only God Keeps u Going....

Comment

if u accept someone by heart at the time of nikkah (and knowing apparently that he/she is muslim) than i think nikkah is valid......
                  .... would you consider yourself married or not depends on how far off that person is on his/her beliefs ........
                  Last edited by yourfriend; May 27, 2005, 03:39 PM.
                  Majbori ka dosra naam 'Shukriya'

Comment

Originally posted by Dr_Khoobsurat

Please advise.

wow...i had the very same ques! n i was gona post this today...freaky
                    People put up walls not to keep people out but to see who cares enough to break them down

Comment

i wouldn't haan unless agar larka larki bhag kar shadi karahey hon so they dun have anyother choice..
                      and yeah WElcome To GS

Comment

Good question here. I rather wait and see some more replies before I could give you
                        a simple practice that is initiated each time this happens.

Untill then rest assured its not a complicated matter.
                        *~*~* Thread-napper*~*~*
                        Down loading, Please wait ,,,,,,,Your Thread is being shredded into bits !

Comment

Originally posted by yourfriend
                          if u accept someone by heart at the time of nikkah (and knowing apparently that he/she is muslim) than i think nikkah is valid......
                          .... would you consider yourself married or not depends on how far off that person is on his/her beliefs ........
                          Hmm...

And welcome Doc
                          Ya Nabi Salaam Alaika Ya Rasool Salaam Alaika Ya Habib Salaam Alaika.

Comment

welcome to GS

stay cool and shadi nah karna yaaro paachtaoogay sari life .
                            Mai Bura Mari Duniya Buri . . . . Dor jaoo gay tu Mar JaaOo gaay , PaSs aaOo gaay tu JaL JaaOo gaay

Comment

Working...
                            X