Canadian Suicide Hotline....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadian Suicide Hotline....

This is one of those things where you understand the theory but you know off the bat something is wrong with it. Fiscally it's responsible, but realistically? c'mon....

Canada suicide hotline to open only from 9 to 5

TORONTO (Reuters) - A Canadian province will shut its 24-hour suicide hotline and replace it with one that operates only during business hours.

Prince Edward Island, a small province on Canada's East Coast, says it is too expensive to operate the hotline around the clock. Starting June 1, it will be open only between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
    source: Here
    "Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." - John F. Kennedy

"Someday we gonna rise up on that wind you know
    Someday we gonna dance with those lions
    Someday we gonna break free from these chains and keep on flyin'" - flipsyde

Re: Canadian Suicide Hotline....

wow. how dumb. many suicides take place later at night when the hours of loneliness really kick in.
    I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

What did you expect from Dumb Canadians anyway?

It's more like a hotline to advise how to do a suicide. Dumb Canadians, they need help with that too.

Comment

Comment

Madhanee - I know you just want M_Q to come in here and yell at you, don't you?

Comment

Yeah, that'll kill me. Help!!!!

I lub MQ.

Comment

They should outsource the call center to India.

Comment

There is a Hockey strike too! You would think that they would have to man the lines 24/7 just to cope with that!
                Boycott Venezuelas State owned Citgo.

Buy Royal Dutch Shell gasoline!

Comment

hahahaha...thats funny..i remember one of my co-worker try to convince her daughter friend not to do suicide..she gave her suicide hot line number...

so now if someone wana do suicide they have to do it in normal business hours.
                  If you would like to do suicide in normal business hours please press "1", otherwise leave a msg after the beep we will call you tomorrow.

Comment

The music they make you listen to on hold would be enough to induce suicide....

Comment

So why did you stop OG?
                      You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Whenever I feel down or a little blue, I just reread this:

Put it this way, i dont believe because i know otherwise, i have grown up talking to diplomats, ministers and heads of state. I know the inner workings of most diplomatic corps and have functioned as a officer for the Swiss government before taking my present job.

Like in all governments, policy maybe defined by the politicans only after they have been okayed by the diplomats. I am 22 and i have worked for 3 different national governments.

As i will Inshallah be banned in the next couple of days. I might as well come clean. My father has been an ambassador for 20 years in four countries. Of course i am not gonna mention which country he represents. Regardless. I have spent my entire life meeting, eating and drinking with dignitaries and diplomats. Ministers, heads of state and royalty (saudi in this case). As such i have been privy to the discussions which take place between close allies and people who are considered friends. Most of the opinions i hold are usually bounced off ambassadors and other ranking diplomats i have met in my life and still keep in touch with.

I have worked with the Swiss government on what is now know as the Berne Initiative for 1 year. The project failed as nobody wished for the system to suceed. Something i am extremely happy about.

Current i am a trade diplomat working with the WTO on behalf of a country.

Living as a diplomats child and currently being a diplomat i am more than adept at knowing how governments function and also how ignorant people do not know the true nature of a diplomats job.

And I just laugh my a$$ off and cheer myself up!

Comment

^lol!!!
                          Simple ain't easy.

Comment

what's more worrying is this is in PEI - just the thought of living in PEI makes me wanna kill myself

In Toronto, we actually have the Bloor Bridge with the Distress Center's phone no. prominently displayed on both sides of the bridge... just in case you happen to be carrying a cell phone when you wanna jump off .
                            For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

^^ Well, that's one way

OG - Well, you can't say he never saved your life, lol

Comment

Working...
                              X