This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mommy mommy I wanna fight jihad

Jaa. beta...jihad kar...tujhay 72 houris fatafat millay...

[thumb=H]detain27108_3599360.JPG[/thumb]

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/25/in...pagewanted=all

F.B.I. Is Accused of Ignoring Abuse of 2 Americans in Pakistan

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan, May 24 - American F.B.I. agents repeatedly interrogated two United States citizens who were illegally detained for eight months and did nothing to stop them from being tortured by Pakistani authorities, a human rights group said Tuesday.

The brothers, Zain and Kashan Afzal, ages 23 and 25, respectively, both Americans of Pakistani descent, were arrested at their Karachi home last August and kept in secret Pakistani detention facilities for eight months until their release on April 22. No charges were ever filed, and for many months their family did not know where they were, according to a report by the group, Human Rights Watch.

"What crime did we commit?" a distraught Zain Afzal said in a brief telephone interview from Karachi. "If we did something wrong, would they let us go? It was an illegal detention."

The Afzal brothers' claims suggest a close collaboration of American and Pakistani intelligence officials in vetting terror suspects, and they raise questions about the responsibilities that the United States has for its own citizens abroad.

In a written statement, the F.B.I. denied the allegations: "Any assertion that the F.B.I. condoned or directed torture is false. Longstanding policy of the F.B.I. does not permit any such interview tactic, nor does the F.B.I. condone, direct or support the use of torture."

The American Embassy in Islamabad said it could not comment on the F.B.I.'s role in the interrogations, but it said consular officials in Karachi learned of the brothers' detention last October and contacted their family.

Zain Afzal said in the interview on Tuesday that he and his brother had trained in 1999 to fight for Pakistan's interests in the guerrilla war with India over Kashmir. But he said neither of them had joined the fighting.

The two told Human Rights Watch that they had been interrogated six times over the eight months by F.B.I. agents and had been repeatedly questioned by American and Pakistani intelligence officials about their role in Al Qaeda - a role they denied having - and were threatened with detention at the American base at Guantánamo Bay, Cuba.

Human Rights Watch said in a statement on Tuesday that the F.B.I. agents did not intervene to end torture, insist that the Pakistani government comply with a Pakistani court order to produce the men in court or provide consular services normally offered to detained Americans.

"Instead," the group said, "they threatened the men with being sent to the U.S. detention facility at Guantánamo Bay if they did not confess to involvement in terrorism."
    Now repeat after me...."Jeter is the prophet and Rivera is the savior"

Re: Mommy mommy I wanna fight jihad

Pindi.. there are lots of recruitment and brainwashing centers in the US and Europe where young disenfranchised youth are recruited and sent to fight Jihad. That’s why I admire what you do so much (ie., your NGO that helps keep youth in a right path to become productive grownups). Your NGO alone is a million times better than all the Jihadi recruitment centers combined.

I love you brother, and if there is a time that we need to wage Jihad against backwardness and jackassness, I will be on your side fighting shoulder to shoulder.

p.s. I like the photo. I don't blame the boys, who wouldnt wana go Jihading with mom like that?

Comment

What kind of a fked up mindset allows for young men to be advised into giving up a hope for a better future for themeselves and their families and die in some misguided attempt at religiously inspired glory. If these virgin suicides wanted to get to jannat, they could have volunteered for Boys and Girl's Club of America, visited the elderly in the hospitals, spend time with cancer patients..there is so much one can do instead of picking up a gun to go fight a perceived enemy inspired by idiotic family and friends.

There was an article in the NYtimes yesterday about the perils out there in terms of securing a livelihood for people wihtout college degrees, in an increasing competitive america and the world. These ullu kay paThay..gave up on opportunities that many around the world crave to have. I am actually sad, that they didn't die in jihad. That way atleast we wouldn't have to hear abou their *****ng and moaning.

Comment

Well, I am sure they got some good treatment by the ISI. I know it is not as good as dying in Jihad, but pretty good anyway. Wont you say?

Comment

You know I suck in math but they signed up for Indian Jihad in 1999, that would make them 16 and 18. I have a feeling that these two kids were probably boasting around bragging about Jihadi training or something to that effect and someone(agents) overheard them and did their job. Now the amma sees $$$$$ so publicize it. My personal opinion.
          Can you Hear me Now!! Good

Comment

P.S Now that I looked at their pics, they do look like real karachiite Mohajirs. What do Indians do to these poor mohajirs that they are so willing to pick up arms against India.

Comment

Verizon, usually it is people from your region that go and fight Jihad in Kashmir. These two brothers must have been brainwashed by some Punjabi Mulla.

Comment

^^ You got to be kidding me. LOL. Madhanee Bhaijan ppl in my region thrive on idiots like them, we are all in to hoteling and busing these jihadis around to the front lines. Nothing is for free in Hazara. We may train and provide logistical /moral support, but thats about it. Take 'em close to the mountain and tell them

"Jadoon Wajsi teh awaaaz aasi" Tus da Allah Hafiz, hun julo.

Comment

Originally posted by Verizon
                  P.S Now that I looked at their pics, they do look like real karachiite Mohajirs. What do Indians do to these poor mohajirs that they are so willing to pick up arms against India.
                  When the tensions between Pakistan India flare up there are thousands of people ready to go back to pakistan. It always happens.
                  Pakistan Zindabad

Comment

Lajo's the brother on the left, but who is that on the right?

Comment

^ you are telling me there are thousands of morons of Pakistnai descent in the US?

Comment

Check with CAIR PD, I think they keep track of such things

Comment

Other than the esteemed self righteous guppies of the religion forum, it seems Jihad is the favorite topic for NYC socialites.
                          I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
                          - Robert McCloskey

Comment

^ only when we read it in the morning papers and can attest to jihad's stupidity by reading it in th ereligion forum, AJ.

Comment

I have found out a way to convert NYorkers. Publish sermons in NYTimes!
                              I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
                              - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Working...
                              X