Questions for people with cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions for people with cars

1) How often do you check the oil level in your car? I have a feeling I don't do it enough, I have a 3 year old car and check once every 2 months.

2) How often do you check your tire pressure? I checked mine the other day for the forst time since getting my summer tires put on in March, and found that all 4 tires had differing pressures. Only 1 tire had the correct pressure, other were everywhere up to less than 50% of the required pressure

3) Any of you guys tried a rain repellent on your windscreen? I used rain-x on my front and rear windscreens and drive over 100 kms in the rain without running my wipers! Amazing stuff.....
    Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
    Al-Ghazali

Re: Questions for people with cars

Maddy… now be honest. Did you open this topic so Irem may come back?

Here are my answers:

Never, Never, and Never. I have a beatup car but I am buying a new one once we come back from our summer vacation. I am thinking to buy either a Toyota Highlander or Porche Cayanne some other comprable mid sized suv.

Comment

1. once a month!

2. once a week

3. WOW!!!
      If u have nothing to do..........
      ...........then don't do it here!!

-unknown

Comment

Originally posted by mAd_ScIeNtIsT
        1) How often do you check the oil level in your car? I have a feeling I don't do it enough, I have a 3 year old car and check once every 2 months.

2) How often do you check your tire pressure? I checked mine the other day for the forst time since getting my summer tires put on in March, and found that all 4 tires had differing pressures. Only 1 tire had the correct pressure, other were everywhere up to less than 50% of the required pressure

3) Any of you guys tried a rain repellent on your windscreen? I used rain-x on my front and rear windscreens and drive over 100 kms in the rain without running my wipers! Amazing stuff.....
        1 = dad/bro does it

2 = dad/bro does it. but usually im the one who can tell just by looking that its gone abit down ....so I have to remind dad :halo: I tell him it wastes more petrol to drive with less air but he doesnt listen just like all guys never listen :halo:

3= wow I will try that
        ~ the world is out to provoke you,if you get provoked it's your downfall! ~

Comment

I ride my bike :rotato:

Comment

Ahh,,,Never mind !
            *~*~* Thread-napper*~*~*
            Down loading, Please wait ,,,,,,,Your Thread is being shredded into bits !

Comment

I raced @200kph, crashed & survived. If you havent seen God, your not driving fast enough.

Comment

well i check my oil ever month to make sure it is not the time for oil change.

as long as u r talking tires , once in a four month , coz i make sure i should have best quality tire in my car doesn't matter how much cost , i drive a lot

third one wow
                Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change. Kiss slowly, play hard, forgive quickly, take chances, give everything, and have no regrets

Comment

1) I dont check the oil level...i just get an oil change every 3000 miles but i guess i am start checking the oil level from now on.

2) I never check the tire pressure either..... i just take my car to the tire shop once in 2/3 month to get the tires check for free.

3) i have never tried dat thing.. and dont know nothin abt it either
                  *~*~*~*Thread-napper*~*~*~

Comment

shoofar does everything

no seriously ;

I check the oil level about once a month

I have this silly habit of KICKING the tires before I drive I have a press. meter built into my toes ,I think the last time I had it checked properly was like 2 months ago

I heard about that stuff , the repellant, never tried it though
                    If every country in the world is in debt
                    Where the hell did all the money go !!

Comment

1 - Read the manual! different car makes recommend different times. They spend a large amount of time and money to give you those numbers. Read 'em
                      Car oil is the #1 thing you can do to make your car running like new. Don't cheap out on oil and filter. The xtra couple of $ will help you in the long run

If car is over 5 years old. 3 months or 3000km (whatever comes first). Change the oil regardless how good it is or what's recomended.

2 - Should do it once or twice in 2 months.

3 - Ya neat stuff. Not necessary if you dn't get too much rain
                      [ M ] - Awesome Wedding Photographer + Videographer in Canada

Comment

check oil level every week - or if the oil pressure light starts to act funny, (Ive installed an oil pressure/temp gauge) instant check. And surely replace oil+filter after 3000 miles (if you gun your engine repeatedly to 8800 rpm like me)

tire pressure checks are only done when refuelling

does not rain here often
                        Prepare for eternity but live like there's death around the corner......

Comment

my brothers friend never checked the oil level....with his first car (a bmw)....he took it too fast over the bump...the oil started leaking...but he didnt notice...after a while the engine was gone :halo: guys

and then u think he learnt his lesson and wont do it again? well ur wrong, second time he was driving around 140mph on a motorway...with his subaru...and again the oil got too low and he seized the engine again.

ummmm, lets hope his learnt his lesson for the third time round
                          ~ the world is out to provoke you,if you get provoked it's your downfall! ~

Comment

Have to try that rain repellant! cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Rukhsarbibi
                              Have to try that rain repellant! cool!
                              ---------cvabn-------------
                              Don't you dare nikaboo! ,,, LOL

RainX is available at Canadian tires for $ 9.99 or any auto accssy section of a store.

I recommend to get a 'professional' job by any 'Windshield replace' like 'Speedy auto' dealer they do it for $20 bucks and last for 1-2 yearr. useful stuff.
                              DIY will $crew it and not usefull.
                              *~*~* Thread-napper*~*~*
                              Down loading, Please wait ,,,,,,,Your Thread is being shredded into bits !

Comment

Working...
                              X