The Piano Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Piano Man

Do you know this man? Mystery of the silent, talented piano player who lives for his music

His rendition of Swan Lake only clue to identity of stranger found soaked by the sea

Steven Morris
    Monday May 16, 2005
    The Guardian

Dripping wet and deeply disturbed, the smartly-dressed man was discovered walking along a windswept road beside the sea. Over the next few days he steadfastly refused, or was unable, to answer the most simple questions about who he was or where he had come from.

It was only when someone in hospital had the bright idea of leaving him with a piece of paper and pencils that the first intriguing clue about the stranger's past emerged. He drew a detailed sketch of a grand piano. Excited, hospital staff showed him into a room with a piano and he began to skilfully perform meandering, melancholy airs. Several weeks later he has still not spoken a word, expressing himself only through his music.

Some who have heard the "piano man", as he has been nicknamed, believe he may be a professional musician. One theory is that he has suffered a trauma which has caused amnesia, one of the methods the mind uses to retreat from a shock. Personal memories can be lost while the ability to communicate - or, for instance, play the piano - is not.

The man's carers have become so desperate to find out who he is and what has happened to him that they have allowed his photograph to be taken in the hope that someone will solve the mystery.

read on:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/st...484698,00.html

Mysterious. Its been 6 weeks and counting an yet we have no clue on who the guy is.
    O He whose Name is a Remedy, whose remembrance is a Cure, and whose obedience is Wealth!

Have mercy upon him whose capital is hope and whose weapon is tears!

Re: The Piano Man

theyve found out that he is a french street busker.... and that his musical abilities are not as advanced as initially portrayed in the media.

nice story though... like an exerpt of an indian fillum made by the the chap who made amar akbar anthony.
    May your every wish be granted...
    Ancient chinese curse

Comment

wow. did they say how he ended up soaking in kent with amnesia?
      O He whose Name is a Remedy, whose remembrance is a Cure, and whose obedience is Wealth!

Comment

noone knows yet, my guess is that he swam.... and i reckon that the reason that he didnt gives answers to people is that he probably didnt understand the english... actually the french are notoriously stubborn for NOT speaking english even when they understand it...
        AND when you go to france you HAVE to speak french

can you believe the cheek of it!
        May your every wish be granted...
        Ancient chinese curse

Comment

yes i heard about those frenchies. i wish us pakis were like more that.

they thought of the language barrier and have tried diff. languages, but to no avail. i think he went through something real traumatic. he cowers into defence at the sight of new faces. thats a pretty good sign.

my theory is he was kidnapped and kept away from society, with just a piano. a shrinks dream come true.

ps- french street busker?

Comment

Musical version of Jason Bourne, may be.
            "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Comment

This reminds me of a film but I can't remember which one now.......

Comment

are u sure this isnt a promotion for this movie.. its doing pretty badly in the theatres

http://www.vh1.com/movies/movie/259080/plot.jhtml
                Din-e-Mullah fee sabeelillah fasad (Allama Iqbal)

Comment

am pretty sure. Or maybe the guy watched one movie too many. who knows. frenchies are weird regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by Brit Chick
                    This reminds me of a film but I can't remember which one now.......
                    Shine...
                    Focus not on who you are but what you do...
                    ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

Comment

Working...
                    X