Shocked and now depressed.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shocked and now depressed.....

This has got to be one of the saddest things I have read.

This eighteen/nineteen year old Chinese immigrant was doing an on-line journal at Xanga. He wrote about a class he had he was having problems with, he wrote about how he lived with his older sister while his parents were in China, he wrote about being sick, and about how he hated doing dishes.

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Today I missed my Japanese class again, since I have gotten a bad throat. I only went to the class once this week, so I am probably so far behind now. I will catch up in the summer tho so no worries hehe. Anyway today has been weird, at 3 some guy ringed the bell. I went down and recognized it was my sister's former boyfriend. He told me he wants to get his fishing poles back. I told him to wait downstair while I get them for him. While I was searching them, he is already in the house. He is still here right now, smoking, walking all around the house with his shoes on which btw I just washed the floor 2 days ago! Hopefully he will leave soon, oh yeah working on the jap report as we speak!
    After reading the previous two entries, I was wondering if there was some way to get food to him, because he said he was hungry and only eating once a day. His sister was supporting them while he went to college. So, I started looking for a name or clue to the College or something.

Then I saw 255 comments, almost all saying RIP, I kept thinking wait, he didn't say anything about a family member dying. Kept thinking I missed something. So I started reading the comments. Then it hit me.

Very soon after posting this, the sister's ex-boyfriend killed both him and his sister. This page was kept as a memorial.

I'm sitting here fighting tears, what a cruel thing to happen. He was so young. But at least he had the presence of mind to post this and because of it, they arrested the ex-boyfriend on murder charges.

Source: http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=ToTo247

The news story of the slaying: http://www.nydailynews.com/front/sto...p-265498c.html

His personal page: http://qcpages.qc.cuny.edu/~sng5/
    Last edited by minah_pa; May 24, 2005, 10:17 AM. Reason: added links
    "Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." - John F. Kennedy

"Someday we gonna rise up on that wind you know
    Someday we gonna dance with those lions
    Someday we gonna break free from these chains and keep on flyin'" - flipsyde

Re: Shocked and now depressed.....

World is full of craps.
    Wipe it and move on! say cheez!
    Rastay kay musafir, beech rah main mil kar yooN apni anjani manzil ki taraf rawaN hojatay haiN, yeh safar yooN beech rah main kabhi khatam nahi hosakta jab donoN ki simt hi juda ho... aur diloN ki raah aik ho...

Comment

Mill ke sab matam-e-shabbir karo..

Comment

Thats terrible.....

Minah dont dwell on it, unfortunately things like this happen all the time all over the world... we rarely get to see the human side, weve been desensitized by the hearing about these things everyday in the news and on the radio... it ceases to be a tragedy.

I dont mean all that in an insensitive way, sometime you just have to try and make sense of crazy situations.
        May your every wish be granted...
        Ancient chinese curse

Comment

I know, Daisy......

I think it was just the contrast between the writing (he was such an ordinary kid) and the sudden end. It was so unexpected......

He was oblivious til the end.

Makes you think about the suddeness of things coming to an end.

Comment

That link is not opening here for some reasons, can you paste ?
            Rastay kay musafir, beech rah main mil kar yooN apni anjani manzil ki taraf rawaN hojatay haiN, yeh safar yooN beech rah main kabhi khatam nahi hosakta jab donoN ki simt hi juda ho... aur diloN ki raah aik ho...

Comment

If you have a pop-up blocker, it won't, try copy and paste. I just tried it, it seems fine...

Comment

I have that blocker thingie, but how to close that ?

Comment

poor kid.. so young...
                  "A woman has got to be able to say, and not feel guilty, 'Who am I, and what do I want out of life?' She mustn't feel selfish and neurotic if she wants goals of her own, outside of husband and children"

Comment

Lets be positive in a warped kinda way
                    im glad he was oblivious to the fact that it was going to be his last day.
                    Ancient chinese curse

Comment

Dada, try a copy and paste, that is easier since a number of programs have pop-up blockers now and a step by step would take too much time

You're right, Daisy, that could be a blessing in disguise...

Comment

minah,
                        plz tell me what to paste and where plus how ? and how can I find that blocker things on my pc ?

Comment

Dada, place the mouse over the link (the blue text in my first message) and right click the mouse - then select open it will open then. To come back here, press the Back button

Comment

At the bottom the nydailynews link it says ""Have stories like this mailed right to your inbox!"

So you can start your day with great refreshing stories like this everyday?

Comment

^^^ i was laughing at your last line and leant back in my chair nearly fell, couldve killed myself by smashing into the radiator.....

that wouldve been a tragedy.... well for mee anyway!
                              Ancient chinese curse

Comment

Working...
                              X