Danish food in India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Danish food in India

A Danish frozen food company is all set to try the Indian market - I read the article a few weeks ago, so forgot the details. Apart from stealing my idea of producing flavored yogurts etc in Asia, they wrote that since more and more women have started working, they don't have time for the traditional type of cooking. You know sitting in verandas and washing one ladyfinger at a time, drying it and then cutting equal size pieces, taking all the time they can afford. Well those days are over! Now they need cleaned, ready made stuff to save time etc. This 'need' has triggered another 'need', for a new kind of business, which some foreign investors have understood in time. The investors also know that some cultures (Indian) are more patriotic towards goods produced on Indian soil so it'd be a good idea to grow, bhindi tori in India, which will create jobs for small and medium size farmers. Setting up a business requires skilled labor, India's got that, so a few more are getting good jobs because of that. The food needs to be processed which requires all sort of labor, educated and illiterate, creating more jobs. So there is an obvious chain of events that results is revenue, generated in the country by the country men/women, because one cultural barrier is moved a tiny little from its original place.

Question is, did these females jog their way to move the cultural barrier, that created jobs for thousands of other Indians? What importance does a symbolic gesture have in general? Second question is, can a country like ours afford to say no to such business opportunities? Waise tau its a wrong question, as sitting in our comfortable chairs, knowing fully well that there's no way we're going to go to bed without having food of our liking we can afford opinions of our likings, lekin phir bhi, aik roza rakhte jaan jaati hai, par sochne meiN kya hai. What if, your parents weren't allowed in US or UK? What if you were among those who start their day by being harassed to school / office? Come back and face the world who thinks that you're low character hore for working amongst males in a westernized environment? What is worse, small girls selling them selves to feed their families or allowing them easy access to better future?

Do we understand that, even though Islam promoted and respected females before any other religion/culture, as per our own claim at least, our sisters in Islam are still amongst the most oppressed creatures ever born on face of this earth? Why is a hijabi allowed to work among males and females of a 'hostile' nation, US / UK etc? How did others learn to respect the difference? Wahi nazil hui thi in pe? Why did the satti tradition end? Why is honor killings, karo kari not widely accepted anymore? Surely not because a prophet was sent down again, and most definitely not because some naik amma sat behind closed doors and wished the world to be a better place and wupti, it all turned pink and shiny. Surely someone was strong enough to take a stand, fight for us, so that we can sit behind a computer screen and insult them by calling the hawas zada and sluts. How often did the prophet refer to females of any sect or profession as sluts?

Re: Danish food in India

Well said sis....

Comment

Wow someone is . The name of your thread and the content of your thread are orthogonal. Can you please refine your post and bullet the questions so we can understand and tackle the grudge. Please feel free to use visuals (smilies) to make your point.
      Can you Hear me Now!! Good

Comment

I'm not mad, I was watching news when they showed the young girl being beaten up by men and women who are paid to protect them. Still can't get over it. Khair, chand aik sawalooN ke liye mujh se mushaqat karweiN ge aap? Hadd hai bhai! Mujhe misri bazaar dekhne jana hai, aap please ponder kareiN, meiN khusn-e-yusuf khareed looN itni deir meiN

FT, Creative nick

Comment

^^ Yaara itni muskil urdu na likho. Your post #4 is harder than the #1. All I can say is that women are prize pocessions of men. Men are supposed to protect women and when women get out of line then it is mans responsibility to beat the women into submission. That is our job and it is also sanctioned by scripture. Till a new religion comes out or there is an ammendment to the existing ones, you girls are fighting a loosing battle. You may have a few victories along the way but overall man will dominate. Bhutto success story is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by sabah
            I'm not mad, I was watching news when they showed the young girl being beaten up by men and women who are paid to protect them. Still can't get over it. Khair, chand aik sawalooN ke liye mujh se mushaqat karweiN ge aap? Hadd hai bhai! Mujhe misri bazaar dekhne jana hai, aap please ponder kareiN, meiN khusn-e-yusuf khareed looN itni deir meiN

FT, Creative nick
            khusn-e-yusuf ??

I missed this news clip u r writing abt, can u gv some details, thanks
            for the compliment on my nick, frankly speaking nuthin creative about it, come quite naturally....just kiddin sis...like yr ideas keep up the good work, dont listen to these male mumbo jumbos, inka tho kaam he yeh hai, kay khawateen ko daba kay rakhen....every post from ppl like u makes a difference, its the battle of ideas and never forget that...

Comment

Nice post, Sabah!
              "A woman has got to be able to say, and not feel guilty, 'Who am I, and what do I want out of life?' She mustn't feel selfish and neurotic if she wants goals of her own, outside of husband and children"

Comment

Verison, mushkil urdu? We could make a deal, you teach me English and I'll start writing with double linefeed There's nothing wrong with the scriptures, any scripture actually, wrong is the followers focus. I would love to understand when and how it was decided that women are second class citizens. Waise tau some deserve to be, lekin to each their own.

FG, the article is in Danish if you understand Scandinavian languages I can find it for you Company's name is Danfoss, they're starting in Bombay and Dehli I think. I'm not too concerned with anyone's mumbo jumbo, but the verbal rape that is seen across this BB is amazing, whenever you can't win an argument, start calling the females sluts to shut them up, unfortunately it works on majority.

Aisha

Comment

Originally posted by sabah
                  Verison, mushkil urdu? We could make a deal, you teach me English and I'll start writing with double linefeed There's nothing wrong with the scriptures, any scripture actually, wrong is the followers focus. I would love to understand when and how it was decided that women are second class citizens. Waise tau some deserve to be, lekin to each their own.

FG, the article is in Danish if you understand Scandinavian languages I can find it for you Company's name is Danfoss, they're starting in Bombay and Dehli I think. I'm not too concerned with anyone's mumbo jumbo, but the verbal rape that is seen across this BB is amazing, whenever you can't win an argument, start calling the females sluts to shut them up, unfortunately it works on majority.

Aisha
                  To a certain degree I would agree with the second part of your sentence in bold above, but then you have followers that take scriptures word for word (and you can't blame them using the first part of your sentence).
                  Just because God said "be, and it is" doesnt mean that it happened spontaneously, or "it was made to believe" so it must be. Same applies to scriptures, just because God states that women are evil in, pick the scripture you like, doesnt mean all women before and after are all bad.
                  But women do need to be contained by males.

Comment

What I meant by scriptures being beautiful is that they're full of knowledge, which in it self can not be harmful. Just because we know how to make a bomb doesn't mean that the recipe is bad, its the use of it. If our focus starts and ends with how perfectly a lady covers her head while praying, which direction her feet turn or how many wings or arms a Hindu god has, we're pretty far from the actual message. If God hated women as is indirectly claimed by many, you would see more God hating females and more satanic religions started and followed by women.

In this post, among other things, I just wanted to say that by moving some cultural barriers you can actually benefit financially, short and long term.

Comment

^^ Now we talking. I agree that cultural barriers need to be modified. I reported an article not long ago about child marriages in India. Well first of all the mods (real hardworkers promptly moved the thread to culture and ruined it) but that was the point that I was bringing to surface.
                      Yes culture in Asia as whole needs to be changed or the attitude regarding women needs to be changed. I think this is more of an Asian thing more than ME or Sub-continent. Japanese male still expect their female counterparts to fetch cofee/tea for them in the workplace.

Comment

Sabah, why would Indian market need a Danish company selling them Indian food? How would you feel if a Saudi Arabian firm started selling Ableskiver or Smorgasbord in DK? In the US, we have Indian companies selling Indian frozen food (like Patel, and Deepak) and some British companies owned and run by Indians.

I donít care about God and stuff, but Indian food is very sacred for me. I worship good divine Chicken Tikka and well prepared Vindalo. Itís food for heavens.

I was at Dundayís house a few days ago and I swear to god I could have easily bowed to Samosas and Aalo Cholay and Chicken Tikkas. Every time I eat Desi food, it reminds me how superior we are compared to the rest of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Madhanee
                          Every time I eat Desi food, it reminds me how superior we are compared to the rest of the world.

Amen!!

Comment

Madhanee Jee: What a crock of siht.

Comment

Madhanee, frozen food as in, frozen veggies and stuff. Smorgasbord is an art, har airah ghairah can't just master it waise arabs are trying to buy lego parks, which is good. Really looking forward to lego mosques, that is if someone doesn't issue a fatwa against them.

Can PD cook?

Verizon, need tau bohut kuck ki hai. Too many ppl are too concerned with whatever other might think about them, waile baithe ne saare. Women should be forced to serve in armed forces for six months, that would teach them to protect them selves against a teeli pehelwaan's threats and tanz. Once this fear for rape and verbal abuse starts getting ignored females will dare a lot more than what we're used to.

Comment

Working...
                              X