X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fahrenheit - The most stupid scale

I don't like it.

Why on earth people have to use it ???

Celsius is the scale for measuring temprature, and it makes perfect sense.

Like in my city , temprature goes from 0 to 50 degree celsius. So its easy. Zero means freezing points of water, 50 means boiling point of blood.

Now when i see the temp at yahoo or cnn they show it in Fahrenheit always

The temprature makes no sense in this scale. Stupid people.
    Bazinggaaaa ....

Re: Fahrenheit - The most stupid scale

Not only that, the Movie was also crap. Friggin Michael Moore.

Comment

It's a more accurate index of temperature at any given time..more broken down and granular..

Comment

lol, having grown up with farenheit, what is the deal with celcius? Geez, had a perfect working system then someone comes along and now it is unmanagable.

Like we had a perfectly good Bible and then someone came along and now we got Quran

Ah, don't hate people, I am laughing as I write this, loosen up a bit and glory in the world that offers two views even on the temperature.
        "Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." - John F. Kennedy

"Someday we gonna rise up on that wind you know
        Someday we gonna dance with those lions
        Someday we gonna break free from these chains and keep on flyin'" - flipsyde

Comment

Yeah, the movie, waste of time

Something with that name, Fahrenheit... makes stupid things popular :halo:
          Bazinggaaaa ....

Comment

Minah-pa , it is a stupid scale. In my view

see when it is around zero you are ready freeze, so it is perfectly relative to something we are very familiar with i.e water. and in Fahrenheit its 32 ! why , what it means if temp is 17 or 77 ?? it is greek for me

Now in system international of units (SI) there is kelvin (official scale for temprature). No body knows about it( it is technical like -273 absolute zero) , so we dont use it. But celcius is perfect scale and makes lot of sense for real world.

zero = ice , 100 = boiling water. simple
            Bazinggaaaa ....

Comment

lol, right but 80degrees farenheit is summer but look now, it's 26.667celcius -- That's freezing!!!!

14Farenheit is (-10celcius) - that is too darn cold!!!

Give me nice numbers like farenheit.....

Comment

Hey, this site is awesome.........

http://w1.1396.telia.com/~u189401268/florida/Omregn.htm

Comment

Celicus is not used anymore its centigrade or grate or hatever duh

plus i agree
                  rubber band rubber band rubber band rubber band rubber band

Comment

i dont like the celcius scale.
                    fahrenheit rocks! the movie sucked!

Comment

imagine how confused I am...I was born and brought up using celcius...Then was exposed to farenheit got used to it and after 5 yrs of using it was put back to celsius again...well as of now i don't like either farenheit or celcius...d'ouh
                      Last edited by homer_j_simpson; May 20, 2005, 10:14 PM.
                      Oh, everything's too damned expensive these days. This Bible cost 15 bucks! And talk about a preachy book! Everybody's a sinner! Except this guy.

Comment

Like we had a perfectly good Bible and then someone came along and now we got Quran
                        KhaanR nu gurr nai milda te pataasey korrey laggan.

Comment

Originally posted by Code_Red
                          I don't like it.

Why on earth people have to use it ???

Celsius is the scale for measuring temprature, and it makes perfect sense.

Like in my city , temprature goes from 0 to 50 degree celsius. So its easy. Zero means freezing points of water, 50 means boiling point of blood.

Now when i see the temp at yahoo or cnn they show it in Fahrenheit always

The temprature makes no sense in this scale. Stupid people.
                          CR,
                          LOL,..do you know,..Fahrenheit is the only scale which is more accurate than Celsius,...I used to have Hard time just like you,..but now actually I am used to of it.
                          °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`° ¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ ºÂ°`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º °`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º° ºÂ¤Ã¸

A Faith that cannot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets.

Comment

Yes Amreeka always needs its own dairh eent ki masjid

The US signed the "Treaty of the Meter" in 1875 along with all the major industrialized nations, and in fact it was the country to have the metric currency (100 cents = $1) yet it has still resisted the implementation of the actual system.
                            Mr. Jefferson is partly to blame. He was afraid that the adoption of the metric system would give France too much influence because they were the main driving force behind its adoption in Europe.

I guess the U.S. is slowly moving towards partial adoption in 1991, Bush Sr. signed an order that made anyone who worked for him or a federal agency use the metric system. I guess theyll be in deeper shyte by 2009 when all products sold in Europe will be labeled ONLY in metric units.

Yes... more useless facts
                            Last edited by Lucid Chaotic; May 21, 2005, 10:12 PM.
                            For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

I doubt it will be too bad though Umar, everything is double labeled to begin with.

Comment

Working...
                              X