This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

job applications

Uff! I posted this in Career, and 11 views, but no replies So ppl help me out!

Two days ago I picked up three job applications, at Express, Levi's Strauss and the school gym. On the Express application, up on the very top it says "Salary expected/Hourly Rate." Now, the thing is, I've never held a job, so I'm not sure as to what to write down there. For anyone whos worked in a clothing store, I'd appreciate some responses. What exactly is the starting salary? And, I know this may seem like a dumb question, but does the price of the merchandise sold have an effect on how much an employee gets paid?

Another thing is, in the "Employment History" section, what should I put down? Leaving it totally blank would pretty much land my application in teh garbage. I've done a fairly good amount of volunteer work in high school and college, but there's no space for "Volunteer work". And one last thing, again, I know it may seem quite dumb, but, where exactly does the resume go, on top of the application or behind? Is a cover letter always necessary? And do you automatically give them ur resume along with the application when u go to return it? ....
    The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Re: job applications

omg....
    The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

pls move to C n A
      There is no salvation for the soul, But to fall in Love.
      It has to creep and crawl, Among the Lovers first.

Imam Jallal-u-Din Rumi

Comment

cross out employment history and write volunteer work.

My friend works at New York Learner and she gets about 10 dollars an hour. lol

Comment

hello.

Comment

Originally posted by dutch_paki
            pls move to C n A
            It's in there, and I know ur not supposd to do this, but there've been 11 views and ZERO replies

Comment

Originally posted by Sara516
              Uff! I posted this in Career, and 11 views, but no replies So ppl help me out!

Two days ago I picked up three job applications, at Express, Levi's Strauss and the school gym. On the Express application, up on the very top it says "Salary expected/Hourly Rate." Now, the thing is, I've never held a job, so I'm not sure as to what to write down there. For anyone whos worked in a clothing store, I'd appreciate some responses. What exactly is the starting salary? And, I know this may seem like a dumb question, but does the price of the merchandise sold have an effect on how much an employee gets paid?

Another thing is, in the "Employment History" section, what should I put down? Leaving it totally blank would pretty much land my application in teh garbage. I've done a fairly good amount of volunteer work in high school and college, but there's no space for "Volunteer work". And one last thing, again, I know it may seem quite dumb, but, where exactly does the resume go, on top of the application or behind? Is a cover letter always necessary? And do you automatically give them ur resume along with the application when u go to return it? ....
              Well if u r working as a Customer service or a Sales representative then the salary should be about 5.5-6.00 pound/h & an employee's salary has no impact with the goods sold unless its a commision based job & in a fashion market it is least likely for a organisation to have a commision based payee system.
              Employment history doesnt really matter unless its a professional job but its good to write down any work experience u have i.e paid or unpaid. (Note: dont forget to write down ur interests, it gives a good impression)
              Mostly application forms cover all the aspects of applicant details but if u r asked for a application form with C.V then its better for application form to be on top, cover letter followed by the resume (note: cover letter is very important). Take care.

Comment

Working...
              X