sponsoring a child for life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sponsoring a child for life

i didnt know where to post this, but does any1 have any idea how & where this can be done, i heard its possible but does any1 have any more infor on it??
    If u have nothing to do..........
    ...........then don't do it here!!

-unknown

Re: sponsoring a child for life

yeah.. u can go with a few different organisations..

World Vision (www.worldvision.com)
    Plan (www.plan.org.au) this is the one im with.. mainly cus i could choose a child from pakistan and they didnt convert the child..
    happy happy happy... happy happy happy

Comment

Usually they say you are sponsoring a child - but u r usually sponsoring a household (or a village in most cases).
      Ever wondered wat would happen if only 1 kid is getting good food / education etc?

thanx a million Sadzz. I think I am gonna signup witht Plan.

it seems you can only choose content. how do u know its going to Pak?
      [ M ] - Awesome Wedding Photographer + Videographer in Canada

Comment

PrinceMS, u can call up the organisation and specify which country you'd like the child from. You can also choose age and gender..

sponsoring a whole village aint too bad either.. i mean if ur giving lets say $35 a month to a child, and a lil bit is going towards the community.. in the long run, its still beneficial to the child ur sponsoring.. either way, its a good cause
        happy happy happy... happy happy happy

Comment

sadzzz: im not sounding stingy or anything but does that, then count toward our zakat we pay.....or do we pay that anyway!

thanks for the link ..... i'm checking it out now!!

yeah i would rather sponser a child from pk, simply because of the fact that they r muslim

-unknown

Comment

excuse my potential blonde moment...but why must the child be Muslim? should'nt all children regardless of religion, culture, locality and what have you deserve sponsoring if they are in need?

And why only Pak? im not saying you shouldnt sponser children from Pakistan...i just dont understand why charity is so limited?

Is your money more appreciated and worthwhile if it goes only to a Pakistani child?

Sorry if i sound rude or judgemental...im just curious of your reasons for wanting to help only muslim children in Pakistan.
            I understand, I just don't care.

Comment

Its only natural to want to help those closer to your own nationality, background etc. Charities are often based on such things because they need a "target market" to solicit donations from.

I was kind of angry with a donation I made last year. This clean-cut boy rang my doorbell to solicit a donation for summer camp for needy kids. He showed me photos of this gorgeous camp, the needy kids and all they get. I had 20 dollars on me so I gave. I later found out that its only for jewish kids. Ack. Not that I have anything against jewish kids but I felt it wasnt quite honest that he failed to mention that particular point.

Comment

I guess I could understand Meeni a little bit. I would want to sponsor a child in Ireland if there was a great need. Sort of a way of giving to my roots. Finally a way to give something to a land that cared one way or another for my past generations.

But I wouldn't care about what religion they were or original nationality (like a Pak family in Ireland). I would rather sponsor a girl as opposed to a boy, but that isn't mandatory.

But since need is greater in other areas, I chose a girl in Mexico.
                "Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." - John F. Kennedy

"Someday we gonna rise up on that wind you know
                Someday we gonna dance with those lions
                Someday we gonna break free from these chains and keep on flyin'" - flipsyde

Comment

im with cry and unesco.i donated once in awhile and volunteer for their programs in india.mujhe apne pairon par kade hone do then ill think of sponsoring anyone.
                  Shahid Afridi in Green, has rocked the cradle of the Shivangi Dixit in Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Miss_Mohabbat
                    excuse my potential blonde moment...but why must the child be Muslim? should'nt all children regardless of religion, culture, locality and what have you deserve sponsoring if they are in need?

And why only Pak? im not saying you shouldnt sponser children from Pakistan...i just dont understand why charity is so limited?

Is your money more appreciated and worthwhile if it goes only to a Pakistani child?

Sorry if i sound rude or judgemental...im just curious of your reasons for wanting to help only muslim children in Pakistan.
                    thank you, Mamaof3
                    well, MM, charity does begin at home, seen as we r from pakistan it kinda makes sense

i would think of the child as my own, so, of course the child has to be muslim, i'm not sponsoring a non-muslim child so they can grow up to hate muslims, (itni mujh me taaqat nehi he to fight such battles) non-muslim developed countries have enuf to feed their own HERE.

minah_pa, so u r sponsoring a child in mexico, wow, for how long now?

-unknown

Comment

For little over ten years, started when my son was almost 7
                      "Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." - John F. Kennedy

"Someday we gonna rise up on that wind you know
                      Someday we gonna dance with those lions
                      Someday we gonna break free from these chains and keep on flyin'" - flipsyde

Comment

thats so sweet, thats wot i'd love to do it would give me peace of mind

-unknown

Comment

SOS Children’s villages.

Comment

Working...
                          X